2024 Draft

Ftn49

Not sure I get the appeal of vaki, but we've shown considerable interest this offseason 

Suamatai legit the first true projected possible first round pick we've had in

9 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I just looked at this mock and while I'm a HUGE McConkey stan, I see that JPJ and Newton are both still on the board.  If the Niners pass on those two guys for McConkey, it would be a colossal failure. 

I think JPJ has some medical stuff, saw that mentioned somewhere and he keeps falling out of R1 mocks.

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Give me Newton in the first and oline in the 2nd. And id hope 49ers trade up from 64 into low 40s. That would be my ideal draft. 

Id be fine with Roger Rosengarten in the 2nd. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Give me Newton in the first and oline in the 2nd. And id hope 49ers trade up from 64 into low 40s. That would be my ideal draft. 

Id be fine with Roger Rosengarten in the 2nd. 

LOL, if they got Newton and Rosengarten I would be so happy.  I don't think Newton is going to fall that far though, but let us pray. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

LOL, if they got Newton and Rosengarten I would be so happy.  I don't think Newton is going to fall that far though, but let us pray. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7q9o6v2e7r93w33dcqp

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7q9o6v2e7r93w33dcqp

With the power of prayer, anything can happen 🤣.

I guess Kingsley is officially visiting the 49ers today.  HIs film sucks but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I see tremendous athletic potential.  He moves easy and he plays with a ton of power that Rosengarten and Morgan don't have.  Perhaps he's one of those guys who can start out at guard and then move to Tackle after a couple years.  He's definitely one of those guys who looks awful to me but I'll leave it up to the experts to decide what he really is; I guess i'd just trust the Niners if they thought he was worthy of #31.  There were so many plays where he was either caught off guard or just looked lost out there.  Personally when I compare his tape to 3rd rounders, that's where I feel he should fall...but again I'm trusting the Niners and Foerster know what they're doing.  I'd be interested to hear opinions on him from people how know the OL positions.  

To my amateur eye, the more I look at Rosengarten, the more I feel like he's wayyyy above guys like Kingsley...in fact there were many games where Rosengarten looked better than Fautanu.  

8 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

With the power of prayer, anything can happen 🤣.

I guess Kingsley is officially visiting the 49ers today.  HIs film sucks but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I see tremendous athletic potential.  He moves easy and he plays with a ton of power that Rosengarten and Morgan don't have.  Perhaps he's one of those guys who can start out at guard and then move to Tackle after a couple years.  He's definitely one of those guys who looks awful to me but I'll leave it up to the experts to decide what he really is; I guess i'd just trust the Niners if they thought he was worthy of #31.  There were so many plays where he was either caught off guard or just looked lost out there.  Personally when I compare his tape to 3rd rounders, that's where I feel he should fall...but again I'm trusting the Niners and Foerster know what they're doing.  I'd be interested to hear opinions on him from people how know the OL positions.  

To my amateur eye, the more I look at Rosengarten, the more I feel like he's wayyyy above guys like Kingsley...in fact there were many games where Rosengarten looked better than Fautanu.  

I just have a hard time seeing the 49ers drafting Kingsley they have always drafted production over projection at OT. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

Listening to Barrows on Striking Gold, and he says that the niners are bringing in a lot of secondthird round cornerbacks. Names that aren't out there yet that he'll report on later in the week 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Listening to Barrows on Striking Gold, and he says that the niners are bringing in a lot of secondthird round cornerbacks. Names that aren't out there yet that he'll report on later in the week 

Barrows and the host were drooling over AD Mitchell lol.  I get it.  When I watch him at his best, he's the best WR in this draft imo.  He's huge, his fluidity and movement is uncoverable, and he shows some great hands.  The problem is half the routes seem like he's not even trying, the other half make him look like a monster.  He doesn't block either.  He's huge and quick and fast yet he doesn't break any tackles or do anything in terms of YAC...it's truly baffling.  His attributes definitely make me excited though, it's tough not to be enticed by this guy in a Niner uniform.  I'm just hoping Kyle does his due diligence (this would def be a Kyle pick, not Lynch lol).  

But I also feel like there are 1-2 of these guys every year who don't amount to much, because of what is in their chest/head. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1

Dane Brugler did a mock and gave the Niners

1 (31). Jer’Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois
2 (63). Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
3 (94). Jared Wiley, TE, TCU
4 (124). Christian Jones, OT, Texas
4 (132). Zak Zinter, G, Michigan
4 (135). Luke McCaffery, WR, Rice
5 (176). Jordan Magee, LB, Temple
6 (211). Blake Watson, RB, Memphis
6 (215). Khalid Duke, Edge, Kansas State
7 (251). Kamal Hadden, CB, Tennessee

which is fine, I guess? Newton would be great, not crazy about any of the other selections.  

19 hours ago, Forge said:

Not sure I get the appeal of vaki, but we've shown considerable interest this offseason 

Suamatai legit the first true projected possible first round pick we've had in

I do get the feeling that they are more interested in a developmental OT in the second round with real physical upside given the Rosengarten and Suamataia visits. At least I hope those are more second round targets, lol. They could certainly be late first round targets. And I think that they are hoping to choose between wide receivers in the third - both Baker and Corley are roughly early third to late third projected guys. I don't think that they are going to give away their intentions with the first pick. I personally think (and it may be projection, for sure), that they have guys that they feel very comfortable with that they may trade into the early 20s to trade up for. Johnny Newton I would assume is among them. Probably a few others.

• Like 1