2024 Draft

Ftn49

2 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Just going to say that this shocks both @JIllg and myself....I feel reasonably confident speaking on their behalf in this lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just going to say that this shocks both @JIllg and myself....I feel reasonably confident speaking on their behalf in this lol 

I was immediately going to rewatch Patrick Paul tape for sanity lol.

Just now, WhyAmIHere said:

Don't do it Lynch.  please don't do it. 

Honestly, I don't hate him. It's a guy I'd trade out of 31 for to like 37-40 and pick him there to get the best out of my draft though. Similar bucket to Darius robinson for me in that regard. 

But this dude is never going be a good run blocker I'm pretty sure. Should be quite a good pass protector. Going to struggle with recovery when he's beat, but he's going to lock down a lot of edge guys in the pass game imo. 

It's really hard for me to get uber upset about drafting him though when I've bitched quite a bit about the shoddy pass pro this team continues to throw out there. 

on my ESPN analystics mock:

Newton (pure luck)

Pearsall (choice between him and Frazier, went with Pearsall...no other WRs after him)  OTs were all gone

Beaux Limmer 

Kitan Oladapo

Renardo Green

Tanner McLachlan

Tyrone Tracy

Caedan Wallace

Jordan Magee

Logan Lee

I feel like the fanbase would riot at no OT the first two days, but to me the first 4 picks are all really good players.  This simulator is hard lol.  OTs and WRs fall off a cliff.  If anyone else tries it, would be interesting to see what you get:

https://espnanalytics.com/draft-sim/

Edited by WhyAmIHere

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I don't hate him. It's a guy I'd trade out of 31 for to like 37-40 and pick him there to get the best out of my draft though. Similar bucket to Darius robinson for me in that regard. 

But this dude is never going be a good run blocker I'm pretty sure. Should be quite a good pass protector. Going to struggle with recovery when he's beat, but he's going to lock down a lot of edge guys in the pass game imo. 

It's really hard for me to get uber upset about drafting him though when I've bitched quite a bit about the shoddy pass pro this team continues to throw out there. 

I feel like he's going to get a lot of holding calls.  I like him a bit more than Kingsley though, barely.  I like Rosengarten more than both, by a good margin.  I am not good at analyzing OL film though..

Edited by WhyAmIHere

1 minute ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Newton (pure luck)

Pearsall (choice between him and Frazier, went with Pearsall...no other WRs after him)  OTs were all gone

Beaux Limmer 

Kitan Oladapo

Renardo Green

Tanner McLachlan

Tyrone Tracy

Caedan Wallace

Jordan Magee

Logan Lee

This simulator is hard lol.  OTs and WRs fall off a cliff.  If anyone else tries it, would be interesting to see what you get:

I think that the wide receivers falling of a cliff is a thing. If like Javon Baker (or Malachi Corley or my boy Malik Washington, lol) isn't there in the third round, I'm not interested in the projected group that comes off the board after that. Weirdly, there's a bunch of tight end types that I wouldn't mind trying out after that, so I don't mind waiting until later for those. Same for the outside corners. And the running backs. But I think that the first three picks have to be on your defensive lineman, your offensive tackle, and your wide receiver. Because the boards there are going to thin to unappealing options quickly.

1 minute ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I feel like he's going to get a lot of holding calls. 

It's possible. His hands are not refined, which is kind of wild given how many snaps he has had. Also, those long arms can be a curse when you get beat or when those bull rushers get into you because they basically just end up wrapping around them. Given how high he can play, those guys who convert speed to power really well are going to give him fits when they disrupt his arms 

But I am bullish that he's going to be a pretty good pass protector at the next level. 

18 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Newton (pure luck)

Beaux Limmer 

Kitan Oladapo

Renardo Green

Tanner McLachlan

Tyrone Tracy

Caedan Wallace

Jordan Magee

Logan Lee

I feel like the fanbase would riot at no OT the first two days, but to me the first 4 picks are all really good players.  This simulator is hard lol.  OTs and WRs fall off a cliff.  If anyone else tries it, would be interesting to see what you get:

I had

Worthy

Rosengarten

Limmer

Deca Richardson

Tip Reiman

Tyrone Tracy

Malik Mustapha

Caedan Wallace(ranked at 108 and got him at 211??)

Myles Harden

Jordan Magee

Feels very random when guys get off the board. So many guys are ranked in the top 100 and continue to stay on the board until round 6.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I think that the wide receivers falling of a cliff is a thing. If like Javon Baker (or Malachi Corley or my boy Malik Washington, lol) isn't there in the third round, I'm not interested in the projected group that comes off the board after that. Weirdly, there's a bunch of tight end types that I wouldn't mind trying out after that, so I don't mind waiting until later for those. Same for the outside corners. And the running backs. But I think that the first three picks have to be on your defensive lineman, your offensive tackle, and your wide receiver. Because the boards there are going to thin to unappealing options quickly.

I agree.  This sim seems accurate in that once there is a run on a position, the good ones are all gone....and it usually happens the first two days.  Even my second pick didn't have any Tackles left, Pearsall was just bpa. 

4 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

I had

Worthy

Rosengarten

Limmer

Deca Richardson

Tip Reiman

Tyrone Tracy

Malik Mustapha

Caedan Wallace(ranked at 108 and got him at 211??)

Myles Harden

Jordan Magee

Feels very random when guys get off the board. So many guys are ranked in the top 100 and continue to stay on the board until round 6.

Yeah I think they take Average Drafted Position heavily into account, so guys like Wallace and Cole Bishop fall...even though they have him ranked high.  For instance, they actually have JPJ ranked around #50..but he often goes in the first round or early 2nd. 

I like that you got Rosengarten at #2, he was off my board by then.  

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39983768/2024-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-rounds-257-picks-predictions-final

Jordan Reid from ESPN gave us

Kool-Aid

Rosengarten

Leonard Taylor

Tanor Bortolini, Malik Washington, Jarvis Brownlee

Isaac Guerendo

Luke McCaffrey, Giovanni Manu

Zion Tupuola-Fetui

Pretty decent, outside of Taylor maybe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39983768/2024-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-reid-seven-rounds-257-picks-predictions-final

Jordan Reid from ESPN gave us

Kool-Aid

Rosengarten

Leonard Taylor

Tanor Bortolini, Malik Washington, Jarvis Brownlee

Isaac Guerendo

Luke McCaffrey, Giovanni Manu

Zion Tupuola-Fetui

Pretty decent, outside of Taylor maybe. 

Getting Bortolini, Washington, Brownless and Guerendo would be big wins in the mid rounds. 

For some reason I still have not watched much of Kool-Aid and probably need to. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Getting Bortolini, Washington, Brownless and Guerendo would be big wins in the mid rounds. 

For some reason I still have not watched much of Kool-Aid and probably need to. 

I haven't seen much of Kool Aid either.  I saw him get wrecked by AD Mitchell and kind of blanked him out.  But everyone says he's good so I trust consensus...  I thought it was interesting that Alabama played him off so often.  I didn't see a lot of physical press with him. 

I freaking love Nate Wiggins' film though.  That guy looks like he could cover anybody. 

• Like 1