2024 Draft

Ftn49

17 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Jermaine Burton would be hard to pass up if he's there in the 4th.  Damn hard. 

I'd wager he's not on the board for the niners. 

I think there's a chance that he's there in rounds 4/5 and I think he's a second round talent, so strong chance he's one of my shadow draft picks.

I like him more than I like Troy Franklin. 

1 hour ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Who's getting rid of Deebo?  Where did that come from?  

Do you love Deebo Samuel and what he does, or do you prefer a crisp route runner?  Are you advocating for replacing Deebo with a draft guy?

Right now Deebo backs up CMC, and CMC backs up Deebo.  It's a lot of miles for both dudes.  It's because we add "wide reveivers" and "running backs" that do things the team doesn't really do very often, rather than guys that do the things we do.

I mean the main argument for taking Corley in the 2nd round is for him to be the eventual replacement of Deebo. I just assumed you wanted Corley for that reason as well. 

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean the main argument for taking Corley in the 2nd round is for him to be the eventual replacement of Deebo. I just assumed you wanted Corley for that reason as well. 

I just look at what these guys do, and whether they add value to the team.

We have a whole stable full of aging unicorns. None are replaceable, but they are not out here inventing the wheel.  A ton of players run variations of what Deebo does with varying levels of success.  Having a guy that can run fly sweeps, zone toss, stop screens, etc adds value for the next two years. 

I am not sure what strategy the team will use over the next three years.  I would keep the band together for two more years, then start over then rip the band aid off all at once.  Pay Brock, let go of Deebo, Kittle, Juice, and CMC the same year.  Replace them with a new balance of talent while the team waits out a short period of salary cap hell.   I love these guys, how hard they work, the way they block for each other.  The way their skill sets all work together.  Trying to replace these guys one at a time would be a slow painful death.  The team would constantly have holes because of the cap constraints, and we probably couldn't afford to sign the guys we want to keep.  

I am not really thinking too much about anything after 2025 other than 2026 will almost probably suck. Although this is projecting really, really far out.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gravity said:

Any website where they have rankings by positions and during the draft the names are being crossed out as they are drafted?

lol that's exactly what I was going to ask.  I'd love a site with a giant big board that cancels out players as they get drafted. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

lol that's exactly what I was going to ask.  I'd love a site with a giant big board that cancels out players as they get drafted. 

I THINK, NFL.com has that, but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JIllg said:

I thought he was more of a mid 4.4s guy. He just invalidated so many linebacker angles and was even outpacing most safeties. But hey, the testing is the testing.

This is why the combine should have all events in pads and helmets and playing cleats. Who cares how quick a kid is in shorts.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Darius and Chop are available, which Robinson do you prefer? 

I'm taking Darius. I think he's a 3 down, immediate Armstead replacement who can give you more than Arik off the edge.  Will he be productive statistically?  Probably never - he doesn't have the burst - but he will do all the dirty work and run stopping they missed last year in the playoffs. 

Chop is cool but they already have Beal and Floyd as speed rushers.  Hopefully Beal and Drake (ugh) can give them SOMETHING. 

We all love Newton but there's no way he gets past Detroit, no way. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Darius and Chop are available, which Robinson do you prefer? 

Chop easily for me. Darius wasn’t terribly impressive to me from what I’ve seen. 

• Like 1

Hopkins is safe for sure imo. Kamara would be shocking, they are saddled to Carr & he needs the dumpoff machine that is AK.. if I were to bet one it'd be Higgins. They don't really need him and could use that $$ elsewhere.

My final mock, pie in the sky edition

I did a mock on mockdraftdatabase, but I'm cheating because my first two picks didn't actually fall. So let's say I traded up using future capital 🤣  rest of the picks were from the players available to me

31. Cooper Dejean, DB extraordinaire, IOWA

63. Ja'Lynn Polk, WR, Washington

94. Blake Fisher, OT ND... sub in whatever OT i don't have an opinion on them 

124. Sedrick Van Pran IOL Georgia.. same as the last pick.

132. Erick All, TE, IOWA

135. Ray Davis, RB Kentucky

176. Khristian Boyd, DT UNI

211. Chau Smith-Wade, CB Wash St

215. Tatum Bethune, LB Florida St

251. Sam Hartman QB ND - I think if there were a Purdy of this draft, ie. a 7th/udfa who turns into a decent QB, it's Hartman. Small but he is a baller

• Like 1