2024 Draft

Ftn49

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Here's the Allbright trade:

SF/JAX: JAX gives picks 17 and 116 for Aiyuk and 31.

Hell no

I think I'd start prepping for a very underwhelming return on Aiyuk if moved. 

I don't like smoke from allbright and Silver about what a return is looking like 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think I'd start prepping for a very underwhelming return on Aiyuk if moved. 

I don't like smoke from allbright and Silver about what a return is looking like 

If these are the returns, I'll trust the FO in seeing that it's not worth it.  I'm prepping for Aiyuk to not be moved, not gonna happen imo, so I'm not even thinking about it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

If these are the returns, I'll trust the FO in seeing that it's not worth it.  I'm prepping for Aiyuk to not be moved, not gonna happen imo, so I'm not even thinking about it. 

But these rumors are killing me! Friday evening needs to hurry up and get here especially if a high 2nd round pick is possibly being considered 

2 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Its a tough spot for Aiyuk because he only has so much power. If the deal doesn't happen by Friday, he's kind of screwed...and he's not going to hold himself out all year. 

That said, a team just has to make it worth SF's time. The part that would be underwhelming is that I don't think this point is as high as I initially thought it was. 

Originally, If you told me Jax wanted Aiyuk....I would have been expecting something like 17 + 96 for Aiyuk + 124. 

If it was Pitt, 20 + 98  or something like that. 

I just don't know if it takes that much for the niners to pull the trigger now. I could see them jump all over Aiyuk for #28 to the bills straight up. I could see them take something like 39 + 142, etc. 

14 minutes ago, StevenK said:

But these rumors are killing me! Friday evening needs to hurry up and get here especially if a high 2nd round pick is possibly being considered 

Just remember that our fanbase is dumb, and these journalists/clickbaiters know that lmao. 

• Forge locked and unlocked this topic
8 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I will burn that bridge when it actually exists. 

At best I'd put the odds he's moved at 50/50, especially now that the real numbers on ARSB are known. 

The niners don't have to move him, so a team still has to to make it worthwhile. But I've adjusted my expectations on what that trade will look like if it happens. I don't know if the AJ Brown trade is likely which is what I was initially shooting for

Ultimately, my hope is that nobody makes an offer that is good enough to make the niners consider it. Aiyuk will eventually sign I think. He certainly won't hold out.  just don't see how the gap can be that big

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Logically, nothing will happen. I don't actually think the 49ers would take anything less than a first.

I mean, how can they be that far off in contract talks? The market is kind of the market. There's really no reason for either side to be overly greedy. 

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, how can they be that far off in contract talks? The market is kind of the market. There's really no reason for either side to be overly greedy. 

Most likely, the Niners are waiting until draft night to see if they get a Godfather offer.  If they don't get anything, they'll get serious about the extension.  It makes sense and is good business.  If they get an offer they can't pass up, it'll likely happen on draft night.  This is why I'm barely even thinking about this and all the "content" generated about it is most likely nonsense. 

I bet Aiyuk and the Niners are very close.  I DON'T think the Niners and other teams bidding for Aiyuk are close at all. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just want to say.... It's kind of still absolutely insane that Joe staley ran the 40  sub 4.8.

Also, Tim and barrows leaning toward rosengarten 

I listened to Tim and Barrows and I think they are about as clueless as the rest of us.  I think everything depends on how many QBs are taken in round 1.  If all 6 are taken, then someone really good is going to be there. 

BUT, I do remember people saying Joe Staley was a reach AND Anthony Davis was a huge reach at the time...so you never really know.  TBH Iupati was a bit of a reach too imo, but everyone was orgasming over his film and no one said anything lol.  

Just now, WhyAmIHere said:

I listened to Tim and Barrows and I think they are about as clueless as the rest of us.  I think everything depends on how many QBs are taken in round 1.  If all 6 are taken, then someone really good is going to be there.

Tim is for sure. He even said he had no idea regarding anything about rosengarten LoL. 

With barrows, like MM, always kind of tricky to know what they know and when they know it and whether they are hinting at real things or just guess work. He alway sounds like he has no clue and he's just guessing though. Barrows also intimated that maybe it was a second. 

Did seem like they both thought Lynch really wants to trade down though