2024 Draft

Ftn49

54 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

I'd probably just sit back and laugh if that actually happened. Purdy needs a fast deep threat to match his cannon of an arm. 

I'll be honest, I haven't watched much of him. Is he just a fast go-ball WR? 

You do realize that Purdy was one of if not the most efficient QBs on the deep ball right?

He didn’t take as many shots as a lot of guys, but implying that Brock can’t push the ball down the field is pretty silly at this point.

7 minutes ago, GW21 said:

You do realize that Purdy was one of if not the most efficient QBs on the deep ball right?

He didn’t take as many shots as a lot of guys, but implying that Brock can’t push the ball down the field is pretty silly at this point.

Sarcasm doesn't translate over the internet. That's my bad. Still, I don't think Worthy is the type of WR needed for the current offense. If he was taken, I think it would be a shift in philosophy. 

I also think that Danny Gray was only drafted to pair with Trey Lance and his upgraded arm. That's my personal conspiracy theory.

Edited by XScutterX
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

Sarcasm doesn't translate over the internet. That's my bad. Still, I don't think Worthy is the type of WR needed for the current offense. If he was taken, I think it would be a shift in philosophy. 

I also think that Danny Gray was only drafted to pair with Trey Lance and his upgraded arm. That's my personal conspiracy theory.

He isn't.  If size isn't an issue, McConkey is the obvious pick.  Better route runner, better hands, more physical, better blocker.....sure he's .18 slower in the 40 but whatever he's still a deep threat and can play all WR spots.  He's the perfect WR for Brock.  I think Crocker put it best, guys like McConkey just put a ton of PRESSURE on DBs because they can go left/right or burst forward in a blink of an eye.  Worthy would make no damn sense at all and would make me feel like they only picked him because of Kyle's Texas connection...barf. 

Big Kyle fan but this would really make me pissed at him lol.  

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was watching the underdog live mock and Josh Norris just said that he got pretty good word the Aiyuk trade will happen

OK let's say the Niners found a partner.  It still really depends on what OTs are available when that team picks, because that's when the Niners will make the deal imo.  They aren't going to make a trade for a number on the board, they are going to make a trade for a specific targeted player they really want, and that player has to be available. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

OK let's say the Niners found a partner.  It still really depends on what OTs are available when that team picks, because that's when the Niners will make the deal imo.  They aren't going to make a trade for a number on the board, they are going to make a trade for a specific targeted player they really want, and that player has to be available. 

Honestly, I feel like he's speaking out of turn. Like, I think he's was just referring to the stuff that has come out and maybe not necessarily private info (which is what it seemed like) because soon after he said "don't quote me"

But it was weird to hear how definitive he was about it likely happening at first

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was watching the underdog live mock and Josh Norris just said that he got pretty good word the Aiyuk trade will happen

Would mean a team is willing to give up a first. Only way I see it happening. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

yup, and again two things need to happen: team willing to give up a first, and the OT the Niners want is there. 

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Agreed, I don’t think they are budging off the first round pick, IF it even happens. 

7 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

yup, and again two things need to happen: team willing to give up a first, and the OT the Niners want is there. 

I don't know if the tackle thing is a requirement, but really interested in seeing how it plays out

The 49ers really only have one WR in the top 30 visits whom I'd consider being a potential first-round pick in Xavier Legette. I think we would need to look at players they have met with at the combine, which has more options. I'd say Xavier Legette is probabaly the pick at 31 if Aiyuk is traded. 

Combine

WR Xavier Worthy, Texas

WR Brian Thomas Jr, LSU

WR Ladd McConkey, Georgia

WR Xavier Legette, South Carolina

WR Brenden Rice, USC

WR Bub Means, Pitt

WR Jalen McMillan, Washington

WR Luke McCaffrey, Rice

• Like 1

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

The 49ers really only have one WR in the top 30 visits whom I'd consider being a potential first-round pick in Xavier Legette. I think we would need to look at players they have met with at the combine, which has more options. I'd say Xavier Legette is probabaly the pick at 31 if Aiyuk is traded. 

Combine

WR Xavier Worthy, Texas

WR Brian Thomas Jr, LSU

WR Ladd McConkey, Georgia

WR Xavier Legette, South Carolina

WR Brenden Rice, USC

WR Bub Means, Pitt

WR Jalen McMillan, Washington

WR Luke McCaffrey, Rice

That would be such a zag to me since shanny doesn't go to the combine. Would have to be another type of meeting where they spoke with shanny for sure