2023 Eagles General Chat

Danger

Remember the talk of Hassan Reddick having some kind of massive decline since he started slow the first 3 weeks, Zero sacks?

Since he removed the cast off his hand, in the past 3 weeks he's accumulated 

5.5 sacks and 16 Pressures.

Edited by Nabbs4u

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Remember the talk of Hassan Reddick having some kind of massive decline since he started slow the first 3 weeks, Zero sacks?

Since he removed the cast off his hand, in the past 3 weeks he's accumulated 

5.5 sacks and 16 Pressures.

He started off slow last year too. I remember people thinking he was a bust of a signing because he had 0 sacks after week 2 last year also, just like this year. Those people forget that there’s 17 games in a season.

This is actually a trend for haason reddick, he usually takes a few games to get going. Besides 2021 when he started very hot, he’s only had 1 sack in the first 2 games of each season in his entire career.

A little knowledge for you guys pumping up Howie's perfect offseason, looking at you @EaglesFlySBChampsHigh.

We drafted Nolan Smith when Joey Porter, Jr was still on the board. YTD, Porter, Jr grades out at 81.9, Smith is at a 48.6. To put Porter’s play in perspective; Slay grades out at 52.3. We passed on a corner that’s outplaying our best DB for a guy that’s not seeing the field (Smith’s snap count is currently at 39 on defense).

And we are tied to that best DB with a huge contract as his play is clearly declining.  I am afraid of what Tyreek Hill is going to do to him on Sunday night.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Actually, his trend before he got to Philly was he got sacks in bunches and then had stretches with no production.

Last year was his most consistent in terms of sacks without stretches with no sacks.

That’s also definitely a trend of his

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

A little knowledge for you guys pumping up Howie's perfect offseason, looking at you @EaglesFlySBChampsHigh.

We drafted Nolan Smith when Joey Porter, Jr was still on the board. YTD, Porter, Jr grades out at 81.9, Smith is at a 48.6. To put Porter’s play in perspective; Slay grades out at 52.3. We passed on a corner that’s outplaying our best DB for a guy that’s not seeing the field (Smith’s snap count is currently at 39 on defense).

And we are tied to that best DB with a huge contract as his play is clearly declining.  I am afraid of what Tyreek Hill is going to do to him on Sunday night.

Draft picks shouldn’t be graded so fast in my opinion. Right now porter looks better for sure but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll stay that way for their careers. Hell, even this year things can change.

Smiths main problem is he can’t get on the field because haason reddick is above him on the depth chart. If reddick gets injured (god forbid) then smith will get a lot more snaps and a lot more opportunities to succeed. He’s literally only gotten on the field 39 times in 6 games. That’s a little more than 6 snaps per game on average, not ideal to get a pass rusher going.

Edited by Jays3

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Holy hindsight hell batman.

You do realize JPJ would never of put up those numbers as a Eagle because "until" injury occured, he would of sat behind Slay, JB and Maddox?

The exact scenario Nolan Smith is actually in as a Rookie sitting behind Reddick,  Sweat and BG? If it was the DE/LB group ravaged by injury and Smith getting forced to play starter type reps I'm sure his numbers would be better, his impact felt. If the entire secondary was completely healthy as it was for 2022, guess which 1st rd picks numbers  you're pumping your chest about wouldn't exists?

This entire forum including yourself (no doubt) would be screaming from rooftops on how Howie F-up and should of taken Nolan Smith over JPJ if the injuries to postion groups were reversed. Let's be real.

Now if you're claiming to be some kind of GD Nostradamus and saw this all coming, please contact Ace in the Commanders forum for further assistance. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Jays3 said:

Draft picks shouldn’t be graded so fast in my opinion. Right now porter looks better for sure but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll stay that way for their careers. Hell, even this year things can change. Smiths main problem is he can’t get on the field because haason reddick is above him on the depth chart. If reddick gets injured (god forbid) then smith will get a lot more snaps and a lot more opportunity to succeed. He’s literally only gotten on the field 39 times in 6 games. That’s a little more 6 snaps per game on average, not ideal to get a pass rusher going.

Good players find their way to the field. Reddick or not, if the team saw him in practice and believed he could contribute they would put him on the field. It's a similar situation as dilusion that Andre Dillard was good but had Mailata in front of him, well now he's a starter and he's given up a bunch of sacks IIRC. Nakobe couldn't get any playing time despite how bad White was playing last year, and so far, we still don't know if he's even decent.

I'm not writing Smith off by any means, but at the end of the day Porter Jr. is contributing and Smith not, could that change? of course, but until it hasn't we can't give credit. 

The little we've seen of Smith has been very unimpressive this far, the guy looks tiny playing on the edge. I'm a little concerned for his role in there, but he's strong, most likely he needs another offseason for him to contribute on defense. 

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Holy hindsight hell batman.

You do realize JPJ would never of put up those numbers as a Eagle because "until" injury occured, he would of sat behind Slay, JB and Maddox?

The exact scenario Nolan Smith is actually in as a Rookie sitting behind Reddick,  Sweat and BG? If it was the DE/LB group ravaged by injury and Smith getting forced to play starter type reps I'm sure his numbers would be better, his impact felt. If the entire secondary was completely healthy as it was for 2022, guess which 1st rd picks numbers  you're pumping your chest about wouldn't exists?

This entire forum including yourself (no doubt) would be screaming from rooftops on how Howie F-up and should of taken Nolan Smith over JPJ if the injuries to postion groups were reversed. Let's be real.

Now if you're claiming to be some kind of GD Nostradamus and saw this all coming, please contact Ace in the Commanders forum for further assistance. 

I don't think that'd be the case if JPJ was on this team. This year our CB suck even when healthy, he would have seen the field one way or the other. Although, to give some validity to your point, Ringo isn't seeing the field despite the injuries and we've given the nod to UDFAs before him. 

I mean, only homers expected our ancient CBs to not fall off a cliff and/or miss games. I didn't and still don't hate picking Nolan Smith, but half of my posts are how this team has a severe case of tunnel vision and because of that we have a lot of blind spots on the team and positions we can't draft to save our lives. 

Yea, The Fact were not rotating in Nolan Smith More is a major letdown. IDC if you have to Remove a LB and go w/ a 5-2 Front of Nolan , Sweat/Cox , Davis/Cox, Carter/Graham, Reddick. 

This is a look we should be throwing out on occasions and aren't its crazy. No reason we cant have all 5 Tearing up at times. Now I'm not saying every Down but use it sometimes, The hell you gonna do If you Put Cox/Davis/Carter w/ Smith/Reddick Outside Rushing. Where is the QB gonna go. As long as the coverage holds up, Guarantee you we'd get a high success rate. 

I just hate when we have Highly Talented players who get no Reps. Last Game Nolan - 3 Total Snaps. That is unacceptable IMO. 

**** Ex - 

Brandon Graham - 120 Snaps all Season

Derek Barnett - 85 Snaps all Season

Nolan Smith - 39 Snaps all Season

That is CRAZY! Barnett makes soooo many mistakes and almost has as many snaps as Graham. 

9 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

This is a look we should be throwing out on occasions and aren't its crazy. No reason we cant have all 5 Tearing up at times. Now I'm not saying every Down but use it sometimes, The hell you gonna do If you Put Cox/Davis/Carter w/ Smith/Reddick Outside Rushing. Where is the QB gonna go. As long as the coverage holds up, Guarantee you we'd get a high success rate. 

Throw the 10 yard slant pass because the CBs are playing off.

• Like 1