Week 1: Eagles vs Pats: Let's Get This Season Started

AZ_Eaglesfan

4 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

There’s speculation that now that Jalen hurts has his contract, the eagles won’t want him to run as much. I hope they don’t do that. Jalen hurts is much better at protecting himself than Carson wentz was and it’s not even close. The eagles should just let hurts be who he is

If he takes early Russell Wilson approach absolutely.  If he continues with the Cam, Lamar type running it would be a mistake.  

His greatest attribute right now is staying healthy and available to start. He's grown as a passer, so having to take off because you didn't see WR open, read the correct defense is a thing of the past.

Hurt literally can beat you 3 ways now. 

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If he takes early Russell Wilson approach absolutely.  If he continues with the Cam, Lamar type running it would be a mistake.  

His greatest attribute right now is staying healthy and available to start. He's grown as a passer, so having to take off because you didn't see WR open, read the correct defense is a thing of the past.

Hurt literally can beat you 3 ways now. 

Cam is a bit too reckless when he runs and Lamar just doesn’t have the body to take the hits. I think hurts is smart about it but is also capable of taking hits, just don’t seek them out like josh Allen does.lol

4 hours ago, Jays3 said:

There’s speculation that now that Jalen hurts has his contract, the eagles won’t want him to run as much. I hope they don’t do that. Jalen hurts is much better at protecting himself than Carson wentz was and it’s not even close. The eagles should just let hurts be who he is

Would be a terrible idea.  Most QB injuries occur from inside the pocket including mobile QB's.  If you don't want him running you don't pay him.  Plain and simple.

49 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Would be a terrible idea.  Most QB injuries occur from inside the pocket including mobile QB's.  If you don't want him running you don't pay him.  Plain and simple.

1000% agree but that doesn’t mean GMs feel the same way

14 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The only path to victory for NE imo is just ball control on offense into key stops on defense holding us to 3. If our offense is regularly scoring TD's the Pats won't be able to keep up with us on offense. Our pass rush should land and I am hoping that with Desai our DL will be more disciplined vs the run opening up less run lanes.... but that is obviously to be seen.

If the Pats can run the ball efficiently and their defense can hold us to FG's this will be a tight game. If either of those things don't occur we should win by two scores. Mac Jones throwing to Davante Parker isn't going to light up the score board I just don't see it.

In NEville, we are saying the only path to victory is to take advantage of perhaps the only weakness on the Eagles roster - middle of the defense. Correct if wrong, but you’ve got new starters or inexperienced LBs to start the season. So, we are expecting a lot of quick timing routes over the middle, to try and just eat away yardage. One to thing to say though, another thing to actually execute. This OL is brutal and you’re going to destroy us.

Run game would be another viable option, but again, we don’t know how well we can punch holes with this OL yet. 

I can’t see any way we win, I just hope we can keep it close. 

19 hours ago, Jeezla said:

So Hurts has a huge day, but we barely win? You expecting Mac Jones to light up our defense?

If Hurts has a huge day, we're blowing them out.

Yeah, basically. Our defense absolutely has to keep us in touching distance, because our offense can’t build a lead.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

In NEville, we are saying the only path to victory is to take advantage of perhaps the only weakness on the Eagles roster - middle of the defense. Correct if wrong, but you’ve got new starters or inexperienced LBs to start the season. So, we are expecting a lot of quick timing routes over the middle, to try and just eat away yardage. One to thing to say though, another thing to actually execute. This OL is brutal and you’re going to destroy us.

Run game would be another viable option, but again, we don’t know how well we can punch holes with this OL yet. 

I can’t see any way we win, I just hope we can keep it close. 

I’m sure BBs plan is to get the ball out quick on pass plays and control ToP. I think we’ll be rather frustrated today but ultimately win. Low scoring, 21-17 type game.