Week 1: Eagles vs Pats: Let's Get This Season Started

AZ_Eaglesfan

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Cox isn't taking snaps from Carter because they are playing them together not because of any issues with either player lol. The person that Carter is splitting snaps with was mostly Milton Williams and some JD.

That’s not what I’m saying.lol What I’m saying is I think at this point in Cox’s career I don’t think the eagles need him to play 65-70% of the snaps (he probably would’ve played more if he didn’t exit the game with an injury). Keeping his snap count a little lower could keep him more fresh later in games and later in the year. The eagles have so much talent at DT, they can afford to take a few snaps away from Cox to keep him fresh, give those snaps to some of the younger guys, and not miss much at all.

Also, as far as Carter goes, I think he’s currently the best DT on the roster even now as a rookie. Would be nice to see him get a few more reps. And to be clear, I’m not suggesting anything drastic one way or the other, just simply take a few from cox to keep him fresh and redistribute those snaps to other guys. Even going from 65% of the snaps to maybe 50-55% could benefit his effectiveness in my opinion.

Edited by Jays3

36 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@Jeezla

“Not enough people talking about Milton Williams' performance on Sunday

Run Game. Pass Game. Doesn't matter - he was really impressive. Again showing that he can win in multiple ways. Got the start up front and made plays from Snap 1 on #FlyEaglesFly”

https://x.com/eaglesxos/status/1701590682664660998?s=46

Nah, he stinks. If he’s not an all pro the first year, he stinks. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@Jeezla

Run Game. Pass Game. Doesn't matter - he was really impressive. Again showing that he can win in multiple ways. Got the start up front and made plays from Snap 1 on #FlyEaglesFly”

I hated the pick at the time but I've become a Milton fan given his play last year. I hope we extend him even if only for purpose we don't draft a DT in the first 3 rounds.

14 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@Jeezla

He played really good in the limited snaps he had last year. I think people don’t realize the potential he has. This DT rotation is insane 

16 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I don’t know why he hadn’t been cut yet tbh 

He played well. He was also going against Sidy Sow and Antonio Mafi at OG. Round 4 and 5 rookies (playing their first NFL game) that he (And Cox and Carter and Ojomo) should be able to beat. 

Have a feeling our D is going to get swissed tomorrow. Lot's of quick passes to JJ/Addison/Hock.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

He played well. He was also going against Sidy Sow and Antonio Mafi at OG. Round 4 and 5 rookies (playing their first NFL game) that he (And Cox and Carter and Ojomo) should be able to beat. 

Have a feeling our D is going to get swissed tomorrow. Lot's of quick passes to JJ/Addison/Hock.

He also played really well down the stretch last year.