Week 1: Eagles vs Pats: Let's Get This Season Started

AZ_Eaglesfan

6 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

There is going to be some regression from Hurts.  New coordinator+play caller not to mention the efficiency last season.  They will be fine, but this was definitely the worst game Hurts has played in 2 years.

Numbers regressing is one thing, that’s obviously much more reliant on supporting cast and situations, but if he actually regresses as a QB I would think that’s concerning. Assistant coaches are always changing in this league. That’s going to be a problem if he can’t transcend his OC considering his contract.

Hurts has never failed to improve year to year so far in his football career so I’ll remain optimistic. Belichick D, rainy conditions, no preseason, Brian Johnson’s 1st game playcalling. These next few games should be telling.

Did we run any RPO today? I’ll be interested to hear from the Xs Os guys what exactly NE did that gave us so much trouble, and whether it’s something every team will be able to do to us or if NE’s personnel was particularly suited for it.

26 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Numbers regressing is one thing, that’s obviously much more reliant on supporting cast and situations, but if he actually regresses as a QB I would think that’s concerning. Assistant coaches are always changing in this league. That’s going to be a problem if he can’t transcend his OC considering his contract.

Hurts has never failed to improve year to year so far in his football career so I’ll remain optimistic. Belichick D, rainy conditions, no preseason, Brian Johnson’s 1st game playcalling. These next few games should be telling.

Did we run any RPO today? I’ll be interested to hear from the Xs Os guys what exactly NE did that gave us so much trouble, and whether it’s something every team will be able to do to us or if NE’s personnel was particularly suited for it.

Based off the broadcast version - I thought Hurts missed a lot of opportunities with his reads. In addition to that, the offense didn’t show a ton of variety like we had under Steichen. It’s only week one so I’ll reserve judgment on Johnson but he didn’t call a good game today.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Based off the broadcast version - I thought Hurts missed a lot of opportunities with his reads. In addition to that, the offense didn’t show a ton of variety like we had under Steichen. It’s only week one so I’ll reserve judgment on Johnson but he didn’t call a good game today.

To the point that we couldn’t run one competent play for Goedert. Don’t want to be knee-jerk but both coordinators need to iron some stuff out. Seems like the game was too big for them. 

• Like 1

Cox, Milton, Bebop and Rocksteady had me excited for the line, coverage behind….gave me 2021 ptsd at times..

Not overacting too much, rust was clearly there….weather sucked for a lot of the game. Sucks it’s a short week, but they hopefully just put a sloppy game behind them quick.

Win is a win

• Like 1

Bill Belicheck coach defense with several weeks to prep. 

Bad weather conditions

No Preseason Games played for Starters.

New OC/DC

5 new starters on Defense 

Week 1 of a NFL season

Looking Sharpe, dominating a top 10 defense was never really realistic IMO. Just us being overly optimistic. 

Let's see how we look vs the Vikings on Thursday before freaking out. Win is a Win whether it is ugly or not.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Bill Belicheck coach defense with several weeks to prep. 

Bad weather conditions

No Preseason Games played for Starters.

New OC/DC

5 new starters on Defense 

Week 1 of a NFL season

Looking Sharpe, dominating a top 10 defense was never really realistic IMO. Just us being overly optimistic. 

Let's see how we look vs the Vikings on Thursday before freaking out. Win is a Win whether it is ugly or not.

This was basically my take as well. I don’t know why people expect the eagles to be in mid season form for game 1..lmao it was sloppy but there’s still plenty of time to fix things. There’s been adjustments mid season every year of the sirianni era so far, I don’t see why this year would be any different.

37 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Was Nolan Smith even active? Needless to say our pass rush was not getting home. That better change vs the Vikings.

He was active but I don’t know if he saw time on defense or not. I do know he played special teams and did make a nice tackle at one point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Was Nolan Smith even active? Needless to say our pass rush was not getting home. That better change vs the Vikings.

Seemed like they were really getting the ball out early to mitigate our pass rush. I felt like we collapsed the pocket well consistently, just never really got home with it.

• Like 2