BDL 2023 Week 1 - Rome Eternals @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

RedGold

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/14/2023 at 04:00 AM

21 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

You can do what you want with your vote. But your logic makes sense for a 4th round rookie making his first start, not Aaron Rodgers.

Absolutely no one here can say with complete honesty that they knew how Aaron Rodgers was going to play last night in his first game on a new team at 39 years old coming off a season where he looked like he was already declining.

24 minutes ago, Blue said:

Absolutely no one here can say with complete honesty that they knew how Aaron Rodgers was going to play last night in his first game on a new team at 39 years old coming off a season where he looked like he was already declining.

Absolutely no one here can say with complete honesty that they know how any of our teams would actually perform with the roster lineups we provide, for a variety of reasons both on field and off, yet we use our imagination and project what we think would happen. The fact that you seem to draw the line here is laughable.

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Absolutely no one here can say with complete honesty that they know how any of our teams would actually perform with the roster lineups we provide, for a variety of reasons both on field and off, yet we use our imagination and project what we think would happen. The fact that you seem to draw the line here is laughable.

No, it's not the same thing and you know that. Cut the sour grapes bull****.

EDIT: Good grief, if Rodgers had torn his Achilles in warm-ups instead, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. To pretend four snaps and one pass attempt is any sort of meaningful difference from that is absurd.

Edited by Blue

This should be a fun game and back and forth. I’m not accounting for Rodgers injury here which would swing the game but I like the secondary for Ivory Coast to slow down Herbert’s weapons. While Rome’s offensive line is very good, hard to be relying on Swift as RB1.

It’s pretty similar on the opposite side. I like the weapons for IC. A big difference maker is having arguably the best RB in the NFL. I think the better offensive balance is the difference maker.

IC 24-21

I have IC taking this one as I think they're just going to perform much better on offense. I think they have the secondary to slow down Herbert and his weapons and I think they'll struggle to get a consistent running game going. On the other side I think Rodgers and Chubb will have success on the IC offensive side.