Jimmy G Apology Thread

NYRaider

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

We could have easily gotten McCarthy without selling the farm. Sure, probably have to give up a 1st, but he’s well worth it imo. 

I'm not a fan of giving up multiple 1st rounders to move up, and I've consistently railed against doing so. 

However, I can't help but laugh at the about-face going on around here after the draft and in regard to drafting, or rather not drafting, a QB. 

All one has to do is scroll through the pre-draft threads and notice how may people were indeed clamoring to give up the farm for a guy. To then not get a guy and try to hand wave it away as savvy precaution they're 100% behind is a joke. 

Nobody wanted to trade up and/or we didn't have the ammo to entice someone? I'm with you, it's bull. We hired a guy with a reputation for standing pat and the rest of the decision makers were fixated on Jayden Daniels. When that fell through, they phoned it in, for better or worse. 

They'll almost certainly get another shot at it next year, so it's not world ending. But now that the reality has set in that our QBs are AOC amd Minshew, the administrative date control crowd is going to be out in full force as usual. 

Edited by ronjon1990

41 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm not a fan of giving up multiple 1st rounders to move up, and I've consistently railed against doing so. 

However, I can't help but laugh at the about-face going on around here after the draft and in regard to drafting, or rather not drafting, a QB. 

All one has to do is scroll through the pre-draft threads and notice how may people were indeed clamoring to give up the farm for a guy. To then not get a guy and try to hand wave it away as savvy precaution they're 100% behind is a joke. 

Nobody wanted to trade up and/or we didn't have the ammo to entice someone? I'm with you, it's bull. We hired a guy with a reputation for standing pat and the rest of the decision makers were fixated on Jayden Daniels. When that fell through, they phoned it in, for better or worse. 

They'll almost certainly get another shot at it next year, so it's not world ending. But now that the reality has set in that our QBs are AOC amd Minshew, the administrative date control crowd is going to be out in full force as usual. 

Happens all the time… they clamor for something and then when the team doesn’t do it “it was the correct decision, it wasn’t possible, etc”. Also they believe any “clean up” articles by beat writers where the intention is to calm fans down like the Ravens were interested in Leatherwood. They absolutely got paid by the Raiders for those articles. Just like I told people all of March, all of April, in 2021, the Niners are 100% paying their beat writers to make Mac Jones smoke as believable possible when they are 1000% selecting Trey Lance. I made 5 to 1 on that bet. 

People are sheep. They know deep down coming without a QB from this draft was a total disaster outcome. And now they make excuses for organization to help them with their own copium, and their own loyal bias. 

This is a 4-8 win lost season already due to the QB situation. 

Even Adam Scheftler is bought and paid for, during the draft season. Accepting huge payments from teams (probably well into the six figures) to write articles and spin narratives is 10000% legal. 

Not sure when people will understand all news, journalism, reporting, is a bought endeavor lol. 

On 7/3/2024 at 5:19 PM, Tank4Drake said:

We could have easily gotten McCarthy without selling the farm. Sure, probably have to give up a 1st, but he’s well worth it imo. 

No chance they could out have outbid Minnesota for their guy. They had a higher first round pick and another first round pick at their disposal. 

• Like 2

On 7/3/2024 at 6:19 PM, ronjon1990 said:

I'm a person who wants a QB and has no issue trading up with in reason. But I said at the time, it's going to be nearly impossible given their draft position and the teams in front of them with better assets to trade.

And agree about Telesco. It's not his MO. He's a Polian guy, who for better or worse is going to conserve assets. 

On 7/3/2024 at 7:05 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Happens all the time… they clamor for something and then when the team doesn’t do it “it was the correct decision, it wasn’t possible, etc”. Also they believe any “clean up” articles by beat writers where the intention is to calm fans down like the Ravens were interested in Leatherwood. They absolutely got paid by the Raiders for those articles. Just like I told people all of March, all of April, in 2021, the Niners are 100% paying their beat writers to make Mac Jones smoke as believable possible when they are 1000% selecting Trey Lance. I made 5 to 1 on that bet. 

People are sheep. They know deep down coming without a QB from this draft was a total disaster outcome. And now they make excuses for organization to help them with their own copium, and their own loyal bias. 

Naw.... when 6 QBs go in the top 12, it's pretty clear what the outcome would be. The trade value to get into the top 3 was astronomical. The next 3 QBs (save McCarthy who I liked) had no business going where they did. 

Nobody is trying to cope. Coping would be a QB fell to them and they passed. Not getting involved in the desperate arms race on guys like Penix and Nix was a good call. 

• Like 4

On 7/3/2024 at 7:05 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Right now only one rookie QB will probably start. So I don’t think so.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Right now only one rookie QB will probably start. So I don’t think so.

What? Maye and Daniels are definitely starting. Stop believing beat writers. Bo Nix is also very likely a starter Week 1. Zach Wilson and Stidham are garbage. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

5 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

What? Maye and Daniels are definitely starting. Stop believing beat writers. Bo Nix is also very likely a starter Week 1. Zach Wilson and Stidham are garbage. 

I'd also put McCarthy in that list for the same reasons as Nix, Darnold and Mullens are garbage and Minnesota has to justify not only using a top 10 pick, but trading up 1 spot to get him.

19 minutes ago, Angleae said:

I'd also put McCarthy in that list for the same reasons as Nix, Darnold and Mullens are garbage and Minnesota has to justify not only using a top 10 pick, but trading up 1 spot to get him.

I do think Darnold starts Week 1 but it will last 4 weeks topps. Just because McCarthy is pretty raw. 

But Caleb, Maye, Daniels, and Nix are all gonna start Week 1. 

Him claiming only Caleb is starting shows he has no idea what he’s talking about. 

Posted (edited)

I also know this is one of those moments where if one of these guys didn’t start, he’s gonna dust the bookmarks off and have some type of chime-in, whereas if he’s wrong (he will be), he’ll totally ghost this topic and not admit anything. 

Whereas if I am right (which I will be) I will have long forgotten this topic even exists in September. People need to get a life rather than caring to prove someone on the internet wrong months later. 

With that said, Caleb, Daniels, Maye, and Nix will be Week 1 starters. And I think Nix sucks. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I also know this is one of those moments where if one of these guys didn’t start, he’s gonna dust the bookmarks off and have some type of chime-in, whereas if he’s wrong (he will be), he’ll totally ghost this topic and not admit anything. 

Whereas if I am right (which I will be) I will have long forgotten this topic even exists in September. People need to get a life rather than caring to prove someone on the internet wrong months later. 

With that said, Caleb, Daniels, Maye, and Nix will be Week 1 starters. And I think Nix sucks. 

Saying people need to get a life while constantly bragging about how "right" you are all the time is hilarious. 

And Maye will not start week 1. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Saying people need to get a life while constantly bragging about how "right" you all the time is hilarious. 

And Maye will not start week 1. 

He absolutely will. He’s the most pro ready. 

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

He absolutely will. He’s the most pro ready. 

He's not. He's arguably the most raw of the 6 QBs taken not named McCarthy.

They won't rush Maye who their staff acknowledges is raw unless he completely outplays Brissett. And if they do, they will stunt his growth behind a terrible offense. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 4:05 PM, Tank4Drake said:

From my experience, the people who call others sheep, ironically are sheep themselves.

It is possible for people to adapt their views with new information. It's actually more damning for people to not adjust their views in light of new info.

• Like 3