Week 2: Eagles vs Vikings - Home Opener Edition

AZ_Eaglesfan

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

That was after we already had resigned Bradberry, when he was about to sign with the Lions Howie was given the option to match the Lions' 1 year 8 mil contract but passed, we shouldn't have if Evans was their replacement. 

After resigning bradberry and slay. That’s a lot of money in new contracts. Howie can be criticized for certain things but I don’t think the salary cap is one of them. He has a budget for certain positions and I think the budget for the secondary was probably exceeded prior to cjgj asking the eagles to match the lions offer. Howie is probably willing to exceed the budget for certain areas (like DL and OL) but I don’t think he’s willing to do so for the secondary (specifically safety). 

Besides, by this point I think if I remember correctly cjgj was starting to mouth off about his displeasure with the eagles (maybe he thought it’d be a good negotiation tactic, I don’t know). Also I can’t remember if this was before or after he called out eagle fans, regardless I think the front office wasn’t willing to compromise with a guy that’s so easy to talk negatively about the previous situation he was just in. A situation in which he was a big part of a Super Bowl run.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Howie was also making sure if another position went down in TC he actually had money to spend to go get someone.

Howie made CGJ priority #1. His Agent knew it, CGJ knew it and they passed for greener pastures elsewhere. 

Just because it didn't pan out and Howie moved on to plan B filling other roles in FA is not his fault. I'm sure if CGJ was signed, Slay let go instead we'd still have the same allotted money You believe we should of spent on CGJ in reserve for emergency. 

Him not being an Eagle, is on CGJ,  not Howie. We were never ever Keeping ALL 3! The other two (Slay on the 16th) were all ready signed when He came crawling back with his tail between his leg on the 19th. 

Yeah that’s another thing, I think howie likes to keep extra funds going into the season to make additional moves. This is something he works into his budget. If howie matched the lions offer, the eagles wouldn’t have room to make any additional moves beyond that.

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

However not matching the offer OR his plan B/C were mistakes by him.  

How could he match said offer when both JB/Slay were already signed?

It would of left No budget for any other injury to any other postion thru TC? 

I'm sure had Howie knew that CGJ would come back with a match and I'll play for Eagles on a 1 year contract, He wouldn’t of extended Slay 3 days earlier. Once that extension was completed his hands were basically tied.

29 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

How could he match said offer when both JB/Slay were already signed?

It would of left No budget for any other injury to any other postion thru TC? 

I'm sure had Howie knew that CGJ would come back with a match and I'll play for Eagles on a 1 year contract, He wouldn’t of extended Slay 3 days earlier. Once that extension was completed his hands were basically tied.

If his hands were tied, his B/C options sucked. As I said in my last post. 

So expectations for our Offense? Do we get back on track with AJ, Smitty, Hurts? Is this Swifts coming out party? Is Goedert going to be involved?

On defense.  Despite the 3 Starters out. Given the OLineman missing for Minnesota. Is this a dominating performance by the Eagles? Or does this secondary/LB core get abused with quick passes? 

Here's hoping for Prime Time Kirk Cousins showing up. 🙏