Week 2: Eagles vs Vikings - Home Opener Edition

AZ_Eaglesfan

I think the Eagles cruise to an easy win again unfortunately (Vikings fan). Your D-line is going to eat our line up and you've already come up with a game plan to stop/slow JJ. While our defense is much improved from last year already, I don't feel like we have the talent to hang with you. 

Eagles 34-20

36 minutes ago, Wundy said:

I think the Eagles cruise to an easy win again unfortunately (Vikings fan). Your D-line is going to eat our line up and you've already come up with a game plan to stop/slow JJ. While our defense is much improved from last year already, I don't feel like we have the talent to hang with you. 

Eagles 34-20

Is your o-line bad?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Is your o-line bad?

They are good at OT if Darrisaw is healthy (he's banged up I think), but their interior OL is pretty cheeks. More experienced than the Patriots rookie OG's we just faced, but still pretty inexperienced and not very good. So basically they got Brian O'Neil- very good RT, but then a banged up LT and a cheeks interior OL.

Hopefully our own RT steps it up against Hunter, because last week was probably the worst game I've seen from Lane since his rookie year.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

They are good at OT if Darrisaw is healthy (he's banged up I think), but their interior OL is pretty cheeks. More experienced than the Patriots rookie OG's we just faced, but still pretty inexperienced and not very good. So basically they got Brian O'Neil- very good RT, but then a banged up LT and a cheeks interior OL.

Hopefully our own RT steps it up against Hunter, because last week was probably the worst game I've seen from Lane since his rookie year.

Mailata needs to make a jump. Still trying to figure out if he'll ever actually be really good vs just good/solid

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Hopefully Blankenship can go on Sunday. If he can’t then idk if we are gonna start Brown or if they’ll just start Edmunds. If they do start Edmunds and Evans are safeties will be so ******* slow lol.

I think this could be a game where Eagles are going to play dime as much as possible with Edmunds essentially playing in a LBer role on 3rd downs. Even if Reed is somehow able to go I think Sydney is going to get a lot of playing time. Feel like the Eagles' answer is just throw as many DBs onto the field as possible and rely on a front 4 to get to the QB and disrupt the run. I just dont have any confidence in these LBers to cover the middle/TJ/Mattison out of the backfield.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Now that I think about it without Dean and Reed, Ellis is the only one left who has the green dot....man if Ellis or any of the other safeties go down it could get ugly.

Good thing we invested in the position we've looked the weakest for how long how many years right? RIGHT? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought he graded well last year?

I don't watch the OL the entire game but always thought he was pretty damn great. Could be wrong tho

Maybe he did but idk the eye test with him sometimes leaves me underwhelmed. Maybe my expectations are just too high for him as like a top 3 LT.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Maybe he did but idk the eye test with him sometimes leaves me underwhelmed. Maybe my expectations are just too high for him as like a top 3 LT.

I think you're right and have found Jordan Mailata to be extremely overrated by our fanbase. He lives of highlight reels play in which he pancakes a DL with one arm in one play, then gets beaten inside and gets called for holding the next two.  

• Like 1