Jets QB Aaron Rodgers tears Achilles; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

He's going to be 40 by the end of the year. By the logic that he shouldn't try, you could also say that he shouldn't play football. It's not outrageous by the standards of anyone choosing to play this game.

So a 41 year old could be in position to not play football anymore?

No, meaning he could re-injure it very easily compared to if he let it fully heal. I would say the same thing if he were 40 or 25 (RGIII anyone?)

Edited by Dan33185
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 9:13 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Even though we're all burned out from Rodger's medical choices, this is super cool. PRP injections aren't that crazy expensive these days, this could be way more accessible not just for players but regular people one day.

I think his medical choices will help support his football career. Good for him. He's a true leader and the Jets most definitely need that.

@NudeTayne I'm doing that thing again!

• Like 1

I think Rodgers should come back early because he’s 40. He was only gonna play two seasons anyways, and next year he won’t even be fully recovered from this either. Might as well come back early even though it’s a high re-injury risk. Jets have a shot with that defense and competent QB play. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

I think Rodgers should come back early because he’s 40. He was only gonna play two seasons anyways, and next year he won’t even be fully recovered from this either. Might as well come back early even though it’s a high re-injury risk. Jets have a shot with that defense and competent QB play. 

So he should play even better 8-10 months earlier then the start of the 2024 season?

If Aaron tries to play its with the complete understanding and acceptance that he has no problem missing the entire 2024 Jets season, while collecting a massive paycheck.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

So he should play even better 8-10 months earlier then the start of the 2024 season?

If Aaron tries to play its with the complete understanding and acceptance that he has no problem missing the entire 2024 Jets season, while collecting a massive paycheck.

It means he gets two shots at a title instead of one. He’s gonna be injured both seasons anyways. Achilles take a year and a half to be fully recovered, and that’s best case scenario. That’s like the Super Bowl next season. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

It means he gets two shots at a title instead of one. He’s gonna be injured both seasons anyways. Achilles take a year and a half to be fully recovered, and that’s best case scenario. That’s like the Super Bowl next season. 

See that's the disconnect for me. Are you expecting a 2-3 month removed Achilles tore Aaron Rodgers, to make a viable run?

I get Zach Wilson leaves a lot to be desired but a 50% ARod if that is taking them to the SB?

I get the novelty of the idea, the possibility of Rodgers doing at 40 what no other athlete to my knowledge has ever done within this time frame. Great story, historic even.

However a 2024 Jets team with a 90-95% Aaron Rodgers has a better chance at a SB then one without him because he tears it again trying to play Hero. That's all.