Jets QB Aaron Rodgers tears Achilles; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

I agree with all of that for the most part. However, hypothetically if he were of the mindset that retirement was a real possibility, he may (or may not idk) have waited longer on the surgery.

Waiting to do the surgery is a bad decision.  If you wait, you risk a poorer outcome.  Achilles tendon repair surgery is something that happens within a week of the injury. 

If someone elects to not have surgery, their foot is put in a cast/ boot with the foot pointing down so the ends of the tendon are as ideally as close together as possible.   They remain their for several weeks allowing scar tissue to bridge the gap between the ends of the tendon.

3 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

I think this shows doubters, he is very serious when he says he isn't done yet. (no I don't think he approached this to silence doubters, I don't think he gives a damn about that)

It's standard Rodgers " chip on shoulder speak".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Pretty sure that is the doctor that did Cam Akers achilles and he was back a lot sooner than people expected. In time for the playoff run 6 months after tearing it. 

Akers was 22, not 40, and he had his Achilles injury in July and he didn't even look good in that playoff run. Rodgers if he has the exact same timetable wouldn't make it back in time. And that is assuming him being almost 20 years older isn't a factor at all in this. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Akers was 22, not 40, and he had his Achilles injury in July and he didn't even look good in that playoff run. Rodgers if he has the exact same timetable wouldn't make it back in time. And that is assuming him being almost 20 years older isn't a factor at all in this. 

Clearly you aren't accounting for the volume of alpha brain he's been taking 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Wasn't making any assessment on Rodgers coming back. Just citing the doctor and the procedure is the same. And yes Akers should likely have rehabbed longer before coming back but he was able to come back. That speaks something to how the doctor does the surgery I guess. 

Edited by NVRamsFan

16 minutes ago, lancerman said:

While true, Cam is a HB. Rodgers is a QB. His game doesn't revolve around explosive cuts.

• Like 1

Either Zach Wilson bombs, which probably prevents the Jets from making the playoffs 

Or Zach Wilson plays decent enough, in which case, do you really bench him for Aaron Rodgers coming off an Achilles tear?  Maybe Rodgers can come back from this but I very much question how effective he would be after being sidelined all year.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Either Zach Wilson bombs, which probably prevents the Jets from making the playoffs 

Or Zach Wilson plays decent enough, in which case, do you really bench him for Aaron Rodgers coming off an Achilles tear?  Maybe Rodgers can come back from this but I very much question how effective he would be after being sidelined all year.

I honestly don't see him returning this season. I see him returning 2024. 

If Wilson bombs, the Jets draft the future and let him sit behind Rodgers for a year or 2. Every time we start a rookie day 1 it never works out.  The last QB we drafted who was good was Chad Pennington and he sat for a bit.