Jets QB Aaron Rodgers tears Achilles; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

55 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Brown really whiffed the block on Floyd on the play that ended Rodgers season.   That must not site will with Brown or the rest of the team.   Tough loss for the jets, and saleh lclaims  Wilson as their QB, could be a long season for the Jets

91 Eagles had a great defence but lost their QB,  and that was back when defence had more effect.  Wilson has a chance to prove people wrong. see how he does.  I can't see the defence alone doing it, this is 2023 vs Mahomes, Herbert, Lawrence, Burrow etc. 

Not really. The play was designed to be a quick throw. Wilson was WIDE open on a slant from the left.

Not sure what happened on the play and why the injury had to happen. Just gutted. 

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

Not really. The play was designed to be a quick throw. Wilson was WIDE open on a slant from the left.

Not sure what happened on the play and why the injury had to happen. Just gutted. 

He read the defense right to left and by the time he looked to Wilson the tackle was already beat. Don't know how anyone can say it isn't the LTs fault when he's the only one that doesn't do any form of kick slide.

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

Actually he did. He tore the rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder and continued to play. It was probably the biggest reason the Jets collapsed and missed the playoffs that year.

It wasn't his rotator cuff if I remember correctly. Pretty sure it was his biceps tendon

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Okay, I was exaggerating... 1/3rd of the forum thinks he's a bum.

Most of it stems from them thinking he was overpaid. Just remember, some of these posters legitimately think it's betters to build a roster around a Jared Goff type QB instead of a first ballot hall of famer. Just shows how spoiled we've been pretty much my entire life.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, StatKing said:

It wasn't his rotator cuff if I remember correctly. Pretty sure it was his biceps tendon

Easily confused though. The biceps tendon attaches at the front inside of the shoulder. I tore mine and thought it was a rotator cuff injury for years.

Edited by nagahide13

Just now, Cheesehawk said:

Jaire seems to be enjoyin his stay

2 hours ago, Tperk said:

Aaron Jones.....AJ Dillon. There's 2 right there.

Jones and Alexander were both paid top dollar, Dillon is on his rookie contract. Believe it or not, there's a scenario where Jordan Love can get into a contract dispute with the Packers. What if the front office doesn't believe he deserves to be paid top dollar and he feels otherwise? Green Bay just doesn't have many appealing aspects to it outside of football.

"Aaron Rodgers signed a 3 year, $112,500,000 contract with the New York Jets, including $75,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $37,500,000"

Holy ****....great for AAron.  That is a hell of a lot of money coming his way for doing nothing.

key-and-peele-comedy-central.gif

Curious how much they play the fine a QB game with this....Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz, Joe Flacco, Tom Brady, Nick Foles etc....

Or the backups with possibly no real long term future on their current teams in Davis Mills, Mason Rudolph or Tanner McKee....

Curious if they go after Jameis Winston, doubt he has any chance of playing unless Carr gets hurt and not sure long term they are interested in him much at all.  Wonderful how much they will scramble to find a QB or will they roll with Wilson and just see what happens....  

Crazy thing is Zach Wilson has 646 career pro passing attempts and started 22 games.  Trey Lance started 4 games with 102 career passing attempts and I am kind of shocked it is even that high.  Curious who will end up being better, Trey is super raw still but has crazy less experience even though both have very little experience.  

Edited by Ozzy