Jets QB Aaron Rodgers tears Achilles; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Granted it was a 4 snap sample size, this is debatable. He looked lost, rusty and hesitant on the quick hitters that were called. One which resulted in the injury. The other, he had to roll out to the right to throw away which gave me "old man coming out of retirement" vibes. To me, it was just a continuation of the signs he already showed at the end of last season. Decline.

They just beat the Bills with Zach Wilson. Very small sample size with Rodgers, half the leagues offenses looked rusty week 1, hell Josh Allen committed 4 turnovers. Jets with a top 10 QB would be nasty. We will never know though. 

sucks that he went down like that, id agree that in part it comes from not adapting his mindset as he aged and his physical attributes left him. I dont blame him though, must be hard to change when he did things no one else could at the time. An injury like that could happen to anyone, it was just a routine hit like many any qb has taken over their careers. 

if i was the jets id be calling jacoby brissett, teddy b and tyrod taylor, 

58 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Favre didn't leave NY injured.  He got hurt during his second year in MN.

Actually he did. He tore the rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder and continued to play. It was probably the biggest reason the Jets collapsed and missed the playoffs that year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Yes, he routinely went to the playoffs but on more than one occasion non-Packers fans posters here would wonder why a QB of his caliber didn't have more postseason success since 2010.  Some of us are just pointing out reasons why we believe his aversion to taking what a defense gave him sabotaged his chances at returning to the SB.  No Packers fan is happy about his injury.  

I'm not saying you can't criticize his play. I'm saying that I'd be ecstatic for one SB and he got you guys at least that after you already got one with Favre, so we aren't fan base to come crying to.

And we want to hear it less when he played a whole 4 snaps before his achilles popped - as if his play with Jets could even be evaluated or compared with his time in Green Bay. This whole season is just going to be on big "what if" and next year we gotta hope we can retain everyone again and get another go at it.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Favre didn't leave NY injured.  He got hurt during his second year in MN.

He had a pretty significant rotator cuff injury, IIRC - he didn't want to jeopardize his ironman streak, so he played through it.

Prior to the injury, he looked really good.

Brown really whiffed the block on Floyd on the play that ended Rodgers season.   That must not site will with Brown or the rest of the team.   Tough loss for the jets, and saleh lclaims  Wilson as their QB, could be a long season for the Jets

91 Eagles had a great defence but lost their QB,  and that was back when defence had more effect.  Wilson has a chance to prove people wrong. see how he does.  I can't see the defence alone doing it, this is 2023 vs Mahomes, Herbert, Lawrence, Burrow etc.