Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Where are Buffalo's 3 great weapons? Where are Baltimore's? LAR's? Chiefs? Chargers? Jaguars?

Buffalo: James Cook came on strong this year, Dalton Kincaid came on strong as a rookie, Diggs, plus Gabe Davis is there who is no slouch despite decreased production this year. And they have gotten some production from Latavius Murray who is a journeyman.

LAR: Kupp, Nacua, Stafford trusts Higbee greatly plus Kyren Williams and surprise production from Demarcus Robinson, plus Atwell who contributed early in the year while Kupp was out. Options. Not relying on one guy to do it all and stay healthy all year. Next man up.

Chiefs: Pacheco has been better than expected, Kelce, plus Rashee Rice has come on strong. They have guys like Noah Gray and Marquez Valdez Scantling who add a few hundred each. Mahomes is already on 3700 yards passing for the year with the worst supporting cast of his career (and it's still probably a better supporting cast than the Bears have)

Chargers: Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Josh Palmer has come on strong, Austin Ekeler is having a down year but was just under 2000 all purpose yards last year with 18 touchdowns, plus middling production from guys like Donald Parham, Gerald Everett, and Quentin Johnston (all 3 combined for ~900 yards and 9 TDs so far this year) 

Jaguars: Christian Kirk was the highest paid WR last offseason, they've resurrected the career of Zay Jones, Calvin Ridley was a first round pick, Travis Etienne was a first round pick, Evan Engram was a first round pick...

These teams all have significantly better weapons than the Bears

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

So he's the adult-sized version of Murray. Or do we say Murray is the happy meal version of Fields? 🤔

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

🤣

I'll be Bucky and say we sign Jimmy G instead after he's cut.

^(blatant lie)

25 minutes ago, G08 said:

Did you read what I wrote regarding the Chiefs and this year? He still has one of the greatest TEs to ever play the game at his disposal and it's clearly not enough.

Andy Reid's Chiefs offense is the worst it's been since 2016, Patrick Mahomes is having the worst statistical season of his career, etc.

How many more examples do you want lol

They won the Super Bowl with Kelce and a bunch of stiffs last year. 

27 minutes ago, G08 said:

You're the one that brought up Jacksonville...

Yeah, because their offense is good despite having a good RB, a JAG TE and some quality WR's

26 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Buffalo: James Cook came on strong this year, Dalton Kincaid came on strong as a rookie, Diggs, plus Gabe Davis is there who is no slouch despite decreased production this year. And they have gotten some production from Latavius Murray who is a journeyman.

Kincaid has 490 yards. Mooney has 410. Davis is a JAG. The Bears have gotten "some production" from a lot of guys this year

LAR: Kupp, Nacua, Stafford trusts Higbee greatly plus Kyren Williams and surprise production from Demarcus Robinson, plus Atwell who contributed early in the year while Kupp was out. Options. Not relying on one guy to do it all and stay healthy all year. Next man up.

You're literally naming all of these teams' players. Kupp and Nacua are good. The rest are no matter than Mooney and Roschon

Chiefs: Pacheco has been better than expected, Kelce, plus Rashee Rice has come on strong. They have guys like Noah Gray and Marquez Valdez Scantling who add a few hundred each. Mahomes is already on 3700 yards passing for the year with the worst supporting cast of his career (and it's still probably a better supporting cast than the Bears have)

MVS sucks. Noah Gray... who? Pacheco is good. Kelce is really good

Chargers: Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Josh Palmer has come on strong, Austin Ekeler is having a down year but was just under 2000 all purpose yards last year with 18 touchdowns, plus middling production from guys like Donald Parham, Gerald Everett, and Quentin Johnston (all 3 combined for ~900 yards and 9 TDs so far this year) 

Williams hasn't played since September. Allen hasn't played since November. Gerald Everett doesn't have 400 yards

Jaguars: Christian Kirk was the highest paid WR last offseason, they've resurrected the career of Zay Jones, Calvin Ridley was a first round pick, Travis Etienne was a first round pick, Evan Engram was a first round pick...

Who cares where they were drafted? Ridley is inconsistent. Zay Jones.. come on. Kirk is a good #2. Engram stinks. Etienne is good

These teams all have significantly better weapons than the Bears

No one said the Bears are LOADED. Last year we asked for a #1. Fields got one. Now he needs another in Harrison or Nabers? Maybe Bowers too?

23 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I don't know about needing another #1 but he could probably use a #2 and #3

I've said as much. Is the thought of Harrison and Nabers/Bowers + Moore pretty ******* cool? Yes. Problem is, after 3 years I'm not sold on the QB still and I'm not sure he'll ever get to the point where he can win a Super Bowl. That's all

21 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I've said as much. Is the thought of Harrison and Nabers/Bowers + Moore pretty ******* cool? Yes. Problem is, after 3 years I'm not sold on the QB still and I'm not sure he'll ever get to the point where he can win a Super Bowl. That's all

Fields, DJ, MHJ and a boatload of draft picks> Williams, DJ, Mooney

11 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Until you fire everyone in 2 years because fields is booty and don't have the draft capital to replace him or a prospect worth drafting

There's always going to be some QB prospect that goes in the top 1 or top 2 in every draft. Why wouldn't we have the draft capital to replace him? If we fill non-QB holes now we have all the capital in the world to trade for a QB later without having to patchwork the rest of the roster together. 

This is what I've been saying, if we take Williams at 1, all the holes on the roster still exist. Let Fields play out his deal, pick up his 5th year option, spend a minimum of 2 years filling the rest of the holes on the roster and then go QB if you still determine you need one. Presumably in the interim you take a 4th or 5th rounder at some point to try to develop just in case the Cinderella story in Bagent comes to an end. 

33 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

There's always going to be some QB prospect that goes in the top 1 or top 2 in every draft.

Not all prospects are created equal...... Bryce Young went #1 overall last year and I had the kid as undraftable via being built like a 7th grader.  Joe Burrow on the other hand, went #1 after arguably the most impressive college season in history.

Caleb Williams had a down year this year, but was a considered a "generational" prospect going into this season, ahead of basically everyone but Burrow and Luck. And that "generational" moniker wasn't even meatheads saying that, it was Kurt Warner.

Just stop overthinking this.... everyone did the same thing over Mitch..  This situation feels like when you had to have an intervention for your one socially awkward friend in their mid 20s who had never been in a relationship before and was desperately trying to keep a really toxic relationship going because it was the only one they had.... Fields isn't "the one" any more than that girl was to your friend..... Bears fans have never had that franchise QB, and they're desperate to see it in every single QB that comes their way..... He's a good guy, and likeable, but that doesn't mean he's the long term answer. The Bears can do better.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 10:42 AM, Madmike90 said:

I just think we need to figure out a way to build a scheme around Fields' talents like other teams like the Eagles have done with Hurts

There's an experienced offensive coordinator who took the 2023 season off and has publicly stated he wants to get back into coaching in 2024.

He has had success with mobile/athletic QBs, coached Colin Kaepernick to a Super Bowl, Tyrod Taylor to the Pro Bowl and Lamar Jackson to an MVP.

His average offense ranks 12th in scoring over 10 seasons in the NFL.

Greg Roman is not without his flaws, but I will gladly be the 2019-2022 Ravens offense because even at their worst they are better than what we've seen in Chicago lately.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

JF1 made the throw to Mooney...

The two are not on the same page.  JF1 placed the ball where it should be.  Mooney's skill is not at the elite level.

Of course Mooney isn't elite, thats why hes being talked about as a #2 or #3.

But neither is Fields elite though. Not even close.

12 minutes ago, G08 said:

There's an experienced offensive coordinator who took the 2023 season off and has publicly stated he wants to get back into coaching in 2024.

He has had success with mobile/athletic QBs, coached Colin Kaepernick to a Super Bowl, Tyrod Taylor to the Pro Bowl and Lamar Jackson to an MVP.

His average offense ranks 12th in scoring over 10 seasons in the NFL.

Greg Roman is not without his flaws, but I will gladly be the 2019-2022 Ravens offense because even at their worst they are better than what we've seen in Chicago lately.

Roman is a guy that should be given a LOT of attention if the Bears keep Fields. I would hope to bring in a passing game coordinator to assist him, I would like to say someone like Brian Griese. He's helped Purdy be incredibly efficient and he is only through QB coach at the moment so it would be able to be a clear upgrade.