Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah I think not only do we have a need but this WR class is not just full of elite prospects but outstanding depth.

Looking at our roster and projecting FA a little bit, we don’t have a bunch of other big needs to fill IMO. I think we’ll sign a C (Biadasz is my guy now that Connor Williams is hurt) and I think we’ll either replace Eddie Jackson with a vet FA or get him to take a significantly reduced salary to stay (he won’t get a windfall in FA - would he reduce his base salary to like $3-4M for the last year of his deal and cut his cap hit by $8-10M while we draft/groom a longer term replacement?). That leaves me looking at WR (2 starting spots to fill), DE and LT (if you see an obvious upgrade on Braxton) as our top draft needs. We’ve already spent huge on Sweat and second tier on Walker at DE - I can see us making another Walker tier signing there but see DE as more of a draft pick move.

Whether we keep or trade Fields to me impacts whether we go after a top guy in FA at WR or a lower tier established contributor IMO (any of Evans/Higgins/Pittman/Ridley who hit the market if we trade Fields; more Samuel/Boyd/Davis if we trade the pick).

With a pick trade, I’m envisioning something like Curtis Samuel in FA then a WR with one of the 1st rounders. Give me Fields with Moore/Samuel and MHJ/Nabers/Odunze and let’s go. I’m not super high on Gabriel Davis, but he’s a legit deep threat who I think fits well with Fields. 

If it’s Williams, then give me DJ/Higgins and probably a R2/3 guy and let’s go.

In either of those scenarios I’m taking another WR at some point though.

Side tangent - part of me wants to see us go totally bananas and take a WR with both our 1st rounders after a trade down to 3 and give Fields DJ/MHJ/Odunze. Let’s go full Madden lol. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Side tangent - part of me wants to see us go totally bananas and take a WR with both our 1st rounders after a trade down to 3 and give Fields DJ/MHJ/Odunze. Let’s go full Madden lol. 

It's not a tangent.  I'm thinking like that too.  I like JF1 with DJ, MHJ, and ThomasJr or Franklin (fast).  JF1 with DJ and 2 of these ThomasJr/Franklin/Coleman would be fine too 😁

Use the CapSpace to get the DE, OC, replace E-Jack, sign or tag Johnson.

Use the draft to add depth.

With those moves, I think the Bears are ready to win the Division.

I just want to see JF1 throws the BOMB! lolz ahahaha🤣😁

Edited by JibjeResearch

Does anyone else think the draft board as it currently stands makes trade down scenarios very interesting? I'm not sure how many blue chip prospects there are this year, but past WAS & NE the next team that isn't anchored to a QB is ATL. So either we scare one of the other top 3 teams to trade up, or we're probably looking at an insanely large asking price to move off the #1 pick and end up in the mid teens likely. 

I know its probably going to shift around some this weekend. But...if its the former, all aboard the MHJ train, if the latter I hope SEA goes insane and trades us DK lmao. 

I know riding with Eberflus and Fields can feel like kicking the can down the road, but with the way things are currently moving on from one or the other is insane, and moving on from both would be a tough sell to a locker room that I think has seen a lot of improvement from last year. Ride 2024, if no good launch into sun and use the draft capital to go get your guy in 2025. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cmorr4 said:

Does anyone else think the draft board as it currently stands makes trade down scenarios very interesting? I'm not sure how many blue chip prospects there are this year, but past WAS & NE the next team that isn't anchored to a QB is ATL. So either we scare one of the other top 3 teams to trade up, or we're probably looking at an insanely large asking price to move off the #1 pick and end up in the mid teens likely. 

I know its probably going to shift around some this weekend. But...if its the former, all aboard the MHJ train, if the latter I hope SEA goes insane and trades us DK lmao. 

I know riding with Eberflus and Fields can feel like kicking the can down the road, but with the way things are currently moving on from one or the other is insane, and moving on from both would be a tough sell to a locker room that I think has seen a lot of improvement from last year. Ride 2024, if no good launch into sun and use the draft capital to go get your guy in 2025. 

WAS and NE are both in spots to just take a QB already available to them too. They may like Williams the most, but that much more than Maye or Daniels that they would pay a bunch in capital to get him over the other guy(s)? Or do they prefer a vet and a franchise LT or Harrison?

The Giants are the wild card team for me. It’d be pricey to move from 5 to 1 (I’m thinking 5, 39, 46, 2025 1st and a 2/3 in 2026 or a player of consequence) but it’d also provide the secondary benefit of getting ahead of their division rival. We know ownership there is willing to stomach such a move since they did it with Manning/Rivers in 2004. Daboll is an offensive guy, and Schoen and he were reportedly really close during their hiring cycle 2 years ago. Setting aside the contract - Daniel Jones to them was inherited as well. I don’t rule out at all that they’d want to make a big splash move for their hand picked face of the franchise. 

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

WAS and NE are both in spots to just take a QB already available to them too. They may like Williams the most, but that much more than Maye or Daniels that they would pay a bunch in capital to get him over the other guy(s)? Or do they prefer a vet and a franchise LT or Harrison?

The Giants are the wild card team for me. It’d be pricey to move from 5 to 1 (I’m thinking 5, 39, 46, 2025 1st and a 2/3 in 2026 or a player of consequence) but it’d also provide the secondary benefit of getting ahead of their division rival. We know ownership there is willing to stomach such a move since they did it with Manning/Rivers in 2004. Daboll is an offensive guy, and Schoen and he were reportedly really close during their hiring cycle 2 years ago. Setting aside the contract - Daniel Jones to them was inherited as well. I don’t rule out at all that they’d want to make a big splash move for their hand picked face of the franchise. 

Side benefit of NYG trading up to 1 - Rodgers would become the second fiddle QB in NY. He’d haaaaaaaaaaaaate that, and **** Aaron Rodgers. 

• Like 3

On 1/2/2024 at 12:10 PM, AZBearsFan said:

To clarify re: processing, that’s more learned via experience than taught. I didn’t say that well in my prior post. Just like anything anyone does over and over again, the more you do something the faster you can do it.

I’m not convinced it’s as much a processing issue for Justin as it is a trust issue though (purely my opinion here). When he does make quick and/or instinctive decisions and throw with anticipation, where is the ball going? Almost exclusively it’s when he’s going to 2 or 85. Which guys did he work with most on building trust and rapport this offseason? 2 and 85. Which guys are the only non-replacement level or below pieces in the WR/TE groups skill wise right now? 2 and 85. Which guys in those groups are the only ones sure to be part of the squad in 2024 as we look to continue to upgrade the roster? 2 and 85. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. 

IMG-3992.jpg
IMG-3994.jpg

DJ is a stud, but Kmet is a solid-but-not-elite TE. I’m just saying… when he’s not throwing to subpar talent… 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

IMG-3992.jpg
IMG-3994.jpg

DJ is a stud, but Kmet is a solid-but-not-elite TE. I’m just saying… when he’s not throwing to subpar talent… 🤷‍♂️

Is it really realistic to stack 4x top 10 skill position players constantly so that he actually throws to other targets? This isn't Ohio State. 

54 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Is it really realistic to stack 4x top 10 skill position players constantly so that he actually throws to other targets? This isn't Ohio State. 

No but it could be the 9ers or Eagles with the capital we have.

53 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No but it could be the 9ers or Eagles with the capital we have.

low key love the thought of IF we trade down to 4-8 grabbing Bowers with our 1st pick then the top WR with our 2nd (likely Odunze/Coleman/BTJr/Franklin)

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Roquan can be an true authority on the subject...he has shared a locker room with Fields but has no dog in the fight anymore given he is no longer on the team...his statements here are right on the nose IMO.

It's remarkable how many NFL players speak highly of Justin Fields, even those who ARE NOT on his team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

Why do you think so many of us are in favor of trading down?

Yes, it IS really realistic to do so. Look at the 49ers (McCaffrey, Kittle, Samuel, Aiyuk), Eagles (Swift, Brown, Smith, Goedert) etc

5 hours ago, Epyon said:

Who’s saying they need to be top 10 guys? I’m saying that with every non-replacement level or below target Fields has the EPA is above average when targeting that guy. We need more guys above replacement level. That’s not unrealistic - that should be expected no matter who the QB is.

Why are you so intent on our QB producing like a megastar statistically with the minimum around him? We should try to surround our QB with as much talent as possible at all times to better set them up for success. That’s what SF does now. That’s what PHI does. That’s what IND did with Manning and SF did with Montana and Young and what DAL did with Aikman. Anything other than that being the goal is simply negligent. 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

low key love the thought of IF we trade down to 4-8 grabbing Bowers with our 1st pick then the top WR with our 2nd (likely Odunze/Coleman/BTJr/Franklin)

I don’t think it’s far fetched to think Bowers makes it to 10 tbh, especially if we make a pick at 1 and don’t shuffle the draft order. His talent would suggest he shouldn’t, but I think for sure he does behind 3 QBs and MHJ. From there you’ve still got the top 2 OTs, Nabers (plus possibly Latham), plus every defender in the draft. It’s far from outlandish to think a team might prefer to target the top edge rusher or corner in the draft ahead of Bowers. I don’t think it’s a lock by any stretch that Bowers makes it to 10, but it’s certainly plausible. 

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Why are you so intent on our QB producing like a megastar statistically with the minimum around him? We should try to surround our QB with as much talent as possible at all times to better set them up for success. That’s what SF does now. That’s what PHI does. That’s what IND did with Manning and SF did with Montana and Young and what DAL did with Aikman. Anything other than that being the goal is simply negligent. 

I wish I could like this 1000 times. This just seems like such a weird concept to me. Stack the team. Set up whoever the QB is with weapons and make his life easier. Even if we have to move on from Fields, any future QB that we get will have a much better chance for success that way. QBs without talent is not a recipe for success. Just look around the league (past and present). How many QBs actually have the capability to do so?

• Like 1