Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I read this three times and still don't feel I understand it but it's also the best. 

Ah ****. I thought it said "involved" in a murder, not "solving" a murder. Robbing and murdering on a train, cowboy getaway, etc. But illiteracy rears its ugly head once again.

I've been doing a LOT of reading this week, and then come here on my breaks. I expect a lot of these mishaps over the next few years. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

3 years in and he's about as good as a rookie Lamar. They're not in the same stratosphere as QBs.

In a lot of ways they are...you drop Fields into that organisation and he would produce far more than we have seen here.

30 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Ah ****. I thought it said "involved" in a murder, not "solving" a murder. Robbing and murdering on a train, cowboy getaway, etc. But illiteracy rears its ugly head once again.

I've been doing a LOT of reading this week, and then come here on my breaks. I expect a lot of these mishaps over the next few years. 🤷‍♂️

What do you guys like to read? I know dll is a sci-fi guy like me but I've been branching out lately. You might like a book I just finished called Julian Comstock. An American future that looks a lot like Combo of 1800s US and a theocracy. Good writing though, and I love an adventure story.

57 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

What do you guys like to read? I know dll is a sci-fi guy like me but I've been branching out lately. You might like a book I just finished called Julian Comstock. An American future that looks a lot like Combo of 1800s US and a theocracy. Good writing though, and I love an adventure story.

I'm not reading anything fun, and likely to have little recreational reading for a while. My reading today was an article I had to break down, 'Reexamining the Relationship Between Thinking Styles and Transformational Leadership: What Is the Contribution of Imagination and Emotionality?'  Riveting - bordering on erotic - work right? lol.  My statistical analysis skills are trash, I have a lot of ground to catch up or this program is going to eat me alive.

Generally I like a lot of variety. I just found a bunch of Star Wars (just got into it this last fall) books as I was, well, at sea we'll say. Over 200 per the title so I will eventually delve into that. I'm a fan of fantasy, King and Koontz's work, and the last book I read for leisure was a week or two ago, Every Good Endeavor by Timothy Keller. Found it at sea when I was registering for classes, just wanted to get an idea of it and realized I was like 5 chapters in so I just finished it. lol

I also like to read books after watching the movies, not the other way around. Harris' Silence of the Lambs was WAY different than the movie, so ever since I read that in high school I just avoided the book to movie adaptations when I could.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

i don't think anyone doubts his work ethic or leadership. i just dont think he has the arm talent that makes us anything more than a divisional round team at best. watching Love last night, some of the throws that he was making - the accuracy, movement, leading his guys into a good situation - i just don't think justin has it. he's got a helluva arm and can throw it pretty deep, i just think we have a ceiling with him. 

this is a totally different story if the panthers were better this year and we were drafting 4-8 with their pick, but we aren't, and that absolutely has to be a consideration. most teams are panthers level bad to earn the #1 pick. the wild thing about this is that poles has the best experience in this situation because we had the "will they draft a qb or trade it" scenario last year.

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i don't think anyone doubts his work ethic or leadership. i just dont think he has the arm talent that makes us anything more than a divisional round team at best. watching Love last night, some of the throws that he was making - the accuracy, movement, leading his guys into a good situation - i just don't think justin has it. he's got a helluva arm and can throw it pretty deep, i just think we have a ceiling with him. 

this is a totally different story if the panthers were better this year and we were drafting 4-8 with their pick, but we aren't, and that absolutely has to be a consideration. most teams are panthers level bad to earn the #1 pick. the wild thing about this is that poles has the best experience in this situation because we had the "will they draft a qb or trade it" scenario last year.

People really need to get off this nonsense man...Fields has a ton of arm talent and we have seen it throughout his career because he makes 4 or 5 fantastic throws a game that guys like Purdy, Tua, Mayfield, Hurts all couldn't dream of making...people forget Fields was a thrower coming out of college not like Anthony Richardson...the athletic stuff came when he got here and found a piss poor scheme and talent around him and had to start running for his life...

Again we are going to draft Caleb...I have resigned myself to it...but to say Fields doesn't have the arm talent of most of these guys just doesn't stack up.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

People really need to get off this nonsense man...Fields has a ton of arm talent and we have seen it throughout his career because he makes 4 or 5 fantastic throws a game that guys like Purdy, Tua, Mayfield, Hurts all couldn't dream of making...people forget Fields was a thrower coming out of college not like Anthony Richardson...the athletic stuff came when he got here and found a piss poor scheme and talent around him and had to start running for his life...

Again we are going to draft Caleb...I have resigned myself to it...but to say Fields doesn't have the arm talent of most of these guys just doesn't stack up.

Arm talent is fine. His accuracy is way too inconsistent but I feel like that could be coached up to not be much of an issue. I think the biggest thing is that I don't believe he can process fast/well enough to lead a legitimate NFL passing attack. That being said can he be better than he was for CHI? I absolutely believe so. I don't believe he can ever be Lamar, but in a system that revolves around the run game and using Fields' athleticism I think he is a legit starter who can have some playoff success. When he is on he can make wow throws, its just there is too much time where he flubs easy throws. I don't believe it is just technical either, he has put in work and I think he looks a little better with resetting his feet and not throwing off his back foot unnecessarily as often.

Physically he checks every box you want, its the mental side that causes too many questions IMO.

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

this is a totally different story if the panthers were better this year and we were drafting 4-8 with their pick, but we aren't, and that absolutely has to be a consideration.

The fact that this can even be said, much less be completely true means that Justin Fields is absolutely good enough to win with. 

In that scenario we would have two Top 10 picks and you wouldn’t be screaming for us to move up to draft the QB?

I thought I was the one being enamored by a haul from a tree down. Maybe the other side is just enamored by something new and shiny.

“Caleb Williams could be anything! He could even be Justin Fields!”

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Arm talent is fine. His accuracy is way too inconsistent but I feel like that could be coached up to not be much of an issue. I think the biggest thing is that I don't believe he can process fast/well enough to lead a legitimate NFL passing attack. That being said can he be better than he was for CHI? I absolutely believe so. I don't believe he can ever be Lamar, but in a system that revolves around the run game and using Fields' athleticism I think he is a legit starter who can have some playoff success. When he is on he can make wow throws, its just there is too much time where he flubs easy throws. I don't believe it is just technical either, he has put in work and I think he looks a little better with resetting his feet and not throwing off his back foot unnecessarily as often.

Physically he checks every box you want, its the mental side that causes too many questions IMO.

I think he lacks more in terms of a decent scheme and talent around him than he does mentally.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

The fact that this can even be said, much less be completely true means that Justin Fields is absolutely good enough to win with. 

It just means you might not have the power to replace him....

If Carolina's pick where say #4..... I'd just trying to ship #4 and #9 to trade up to replace Fields....  The big difference being the teams that need a QB at the top of the draft would just hang up the phone on you and you'd be forced to just keep JF1.

40 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

“Caleb Williams could be anything! He could even be Justin Fields!”

If Caleb is only Fields, then everyone is getting fired in 3 years anyway, same as they will be if we keep Fields, barring some unprecedented complete turn around on his ability to play the position.

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

You are just flat out WRONG.  JF1 to DJ is the best combo in the NFL!  The Bears need to get JF1 another DJ or better and a C and G.  The OCoordinator will know what to do.

With those new players and building the Defense better, the Bears would be competing for the Division next year.  Heck, if we won those three 4thQ losses, we would have been in the playoff.