Justin Fields

JibjeResearch

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Why? He’s such an elite prospect and it’s the obvious move according to you? 

...ummm what? I was responding to YOUR scenario where Caleb only ends up as good as Fields (which is a bottom tier NFL qb)... And yeah, if Caleb is also that bad, people are getting fired.... The same way they'd be getting fired for keeping Fields and not seeing dramatic improvements. 

Just pointing out that this whole meme that keeps going around saying Caleb "might even be Justin Fields" to people who think Justin Fields is a bottom tier qb isn't helping win any arguments in favor of Fields.

6 minutes ago, Epyon said:

...ummm what? I was responding to YOUR scenario where Caleb only ends up as good as Fields (which is a bottom tier NFL qb)... And yeah, if Caleb is also that bad, people are getting fired.... The same way they'd be getting fired for keeping Fields and not seeing dramatic improvements. 

Just pointing out that this whole meme that keeps going around saying Caleb "might even be Justin Fields" to people who think Justin Fields is a bottom tier qb isn't helping win any arguments in favor of Fields.

It's these sorts of statements that just blow my mind...

Quantify what makes Fields a bottom tier QB?

Also what trade compensation are we getting for Fields?

30 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It's these sorts of statements that just blow my mind...

Quantify what makes Fields a bottom tier QB?

Also what trade compensation are we getting for Fields?

How about YOU quantify what makes him anything but? I've played this game with you enough over the past few weeks, and you back out of defending your stance every time. 

What magical thing hints he's going to turn this all around and actually be a good qb? Or that he's already good enough to justify keeping? 

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

How about YOU quantify what makes him anything but? I've played this game with you enough over the past few weeks, and you back out of defending your stance every time. 

What magical thing hints he's going to turn this all around and actually be a good qb? Or that he's already good enough to justify keeping? 

Yep…the answer I was expecting 😏

You think Fields is terrible but also think we will get a 2nd+ for him…

Makes sense 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yep…the answer I was expecting 😏

You think Fields is terrible but also think we will get a 2nd+ for him…

Makes sense 😂

Plenty of terrible qbs got more. Sam Darnold got more... 

And yeah.. Yet again you choose to cower from defending your position. BIG SHOCKER. 

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

You know saying things like “Fields is a bottom tier Qb” makes most of everything else you say hard to take seriously. Like we didn’t all watch Adain O’Connell, Desmond Ridder and Zack Wilson amongst others this season?

And just so you are aware, the “he could even be Justin Fields” meme works regardless of you think Fields is the worst QB in the league or “soon to be Tom Brady”. That’s the point, you have no clue what Caleb Williams will actually turn into. He could literally be any of those  outcomes. But you like to pretend that you have a crystal ball here

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You know saying things like “Fields is a bottom tier Qb” makes most of everything else you say hard to take seriously. Like we didn’t all watch Adain O’Connell, Desmond Ridder and Zack Wilson amongst others this season?

And guess where Fields ranks statistically?

Fields ranks 23rd in QBR for the season....Adain O'Connell ranks 25th... Future Hall of Famer (extreme sarcasm) Josh Dobbs ranks 20th.   It's not hyperbole, it's an objective fact. Fields is a bottom tier NFL qb this year.

In his first 3 years he's been outplayed by such franchise greats like Marcus Mariota and Mitch Trubisky. How is that not a bottom tier QB?

21 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

And just so you are aware, the “he could even be Justin Fields” meme works regardless of you think Fields is the worst QB in the league or “soon to be Tom Brady”. T

No it really doesn't...... The phrase only makes any sense as an argument if you think Fields is any good, because the implication that you'd be trading an already good qb for someone that "might be good"......   If you acknowledge that Fields is a bust, the meme then means: "why get rid of the bust,  when the next guy might bust too?".... which isn't a threat. You know what the first guy (Fields) is (a bust), and are admitting that the second guy (Caleb) MIGHT be something other than that.

2 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

You are just flat out WRONG.  JF1 to DJ is the best combo in the NFL!  The Bears need to get JF1 another DJ or better and a C and G.  The OCoordinator will know what to do.

With those new players and building the Defense better, the Bears would be competing for the Division next year.  Heck, if we won those three 4thQ losses, we would have been in the playoff.

However, JF1 does need to watch more film to better read the defense.  EveryQB needs to watch more film.

4 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

You are just flat out WRONG.  JF1 to DJ is the best combo in the NFL!  The Bears need to get JF1 another DJ or better and a C and G.  The OCoordinator will know what to do.

my guy, i need you to just stop, put the kool-aid down, and go touch grass

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

People really need to get off this nonsense man...Fields has a ton of arm talent and we have seen it throughout his career because he makes 4 or 5 fantastic throws a game that guys like Purdy, Tua, Mayfield, Hurts all couldn't dream of making...people forget Fields was a thrower coming out of college not like Anthony Richardson...the athletic stuff came when he got here and found a piss poor scheme and talent around him and had to start running for his life...

Again we are going to draft Caleb...I have resigned myself to it...but to say Fields doesn't have the arm talent of most of these guys just doesn't stack up.

i didn't say he didn't have talent or that he couldn't make good throws. i said he had a good arm and has a good deep ball. there are absolutely plays that make us say "wow." i personally just don't think he has the talent level to get us to the finish line. he's still a good qb! i just don't think he's gonna reach the fullest of full potentials and be in that top-10 qb conversation. and because of where our first pick is, i think we should take advantage and draft a player who's lottery ticket gives us another chance to find a top-10 guy.

i like justin, i do. i think the team could be good with him - i just think that it would take a far more perfect roster with him at QB and there would be less margin for error

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

my guy, i need you to just stop, put the kool-aid down, and go touch grass

Yeah, but if you ignore like at least 8 others then he's right. Also there are injuries like Burrow/Chase and Cousins/Jefferson not being counted in that 8 or so.

Moore is a stud but it's not even the 2nd best QB/WR duo in the NFC North when healthy.

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

Plenty of terrible qbs got more. Sam Darnold got more... 

And yeah.. Yet again you choose to cower from defending your position. BIG SHOCKER. 

Your the one who didn’t answer the initial question…that’s called being a hypocrite…and I get why you didn’t because anyone who thinks Fields sucks but we are going to get a big haul for him also understands how foolish the position is.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Your the one who didn’t answer the initial question…that’s called being a hypocrite…and I get why you didn’t because anyone who thinks Fields sucks but we are going to get a big haul for him also understands how foolish the position is.

Good lord, get over yourself, boy. I've asked you multiple times to defend your position on Fields over the past few days, and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. you slink away. You haven't had an answer yet, and I doubt you're going to magically find one now.

My value for Fields would be MAYBE being lucky and getting a pick between 40-50, personally, I'd even be happy with a 3rd rounder.... It really depends more on what TEAM is making the move. That isn't even based off any hope Fields is either good, or will ever improve, just that failures like Sam Darnold still managed to get more than that. I'd like to think the league has learned a bit since then about trying to fix busts. Most of the pundits are also saying a 2 would be about right... Trey Lance only netted a 4th, but San Fran was still smart to take it and run.

The raiders seem the most interested, as they're going to interview Getsy for the OC job, and my presumption would be that it has more to do with getting info about Fields than actually wanting Getsy.  I sincerely doubt Getsy wants to hitch himself back to that wagon, considering he just got fired because of him, however, so Raiders are likely out, because I doubt Getsy is going to sing JF1's praise in that interview, but their pick is 44, fwiw.

That leaves Atlanta and pick #43 as the most likely option... but there's an outside chance Daniels or Penix could be there at 8, and it's going to depend more on their evaluation of those guys, and may not get done until draft night

The tricky thing is it depends what Washington and New England do. They're both QB desperate as well, and washington's second, 2nd rounder is pick 40, but they also have pick #2.

New England would be more ideal #34.... but they'll probably want something back their way.

In either case it depends on the remaining QB evaluations vs potentially MHJ and Fields.

There I've sufficiently answered your damn question in essay form.... Now quit cowering and answer mine.

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

Good lord, get over yourself, boy. I've asked you multiple times to defend your position on Fields over the past few days, and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. you slink away. You haven't had an answer yet, and I doubt you're going to magically find one now.

My value for Fields would be MAYBE being lucky and getting a pick between 40-50, personally, I'd even be happy with a 3rd rounder.... It really depends more on what TEAM is making the move. That isn't even based off any hope Fields is either good, or will ever improve, just that failures like Sam Darnold still managed to get more than that. I'd like to think the league has learned a bit since then about trying to fix busts. Most of the pundits are also saying a 2 would be about right... Trey Lance only netted a 4th, but San Fran was still smart to take it and run.

The raiders seem the most interested, as they're going to interview Getsy for the OC job, and my presumption would be that it has more to do with getting info about Fields than actually wanting Getsy.  I sincerely doubt Getsy wants to hitch himself back to that wagon, considering he just got fired because of him, however, so Raiders are likely out, because I doubt Getsy is going to sing JF1's praise in that interview, but their pick is 44, fwiw.

That leaves Atlanta and pick #43 as the most likely option... but there's an outside chance Daniels or Penix could be there at 8, and it's going to depend more on their evaluation of those guys, and may not get done until draft night

The tricky thing is it depends what Washington and New England do. They're both QB desperate as well, and washington's second, 2nd rounder is pick 40, but they also have pick #2.

New England would be more ideal #34.... but they'll probably want something back their way.

In either case it depends on the remaining QB evaluations vs potentially MHJ and Fields.

There I've sufficiently answered your damn question in essay form.... Now quit cowering and answer mine.

The ironic thing is you seem to be the only one who doesn’t understand my position on Fields…I have made it clear several times and all the adults seem to get it…

The fact you think he is a bottom tier QB but that we will still get a 2nd is just baffling and makes zero sense and is the usual twitter fan response…he sucks but someone will take him for really valuable picks…do you honestly think people who work in the NFL are stupid? Do you think all these players who have came out in defence of him and calling out the scheme, play calling & lack of talent around him are stupid? To compare him to a Desmond Ridder, Zach Wilson or Mac Jones is flat out dumb…you can like Caleb without trying to rubbish Fields and that is all your comments ever attempt to achieve when in reality he has been the only thing keeping what little offence we have had afloat…but sure you keep thinking you know better than actual pros 😏

• Like 2