The Week 2 Gameday Thread: Commanders @ Broncos: Let's Ride! - 4:25 Game - GIF Theme Tobey Maguire

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It's not that, it's just realism. Any player coming off not playing for two years is likely not going to hit the ground running to where he was before his injury. Even guys who only miss 1/2 a year for a major knee injury are rusty when they return for the next year unless your name is Adrian Pederson.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47pkm5epkim6amhbmpyd

Lets just say we all want him to succeed and perform his best. No more excuses. He is either the elite player he was supposed to be or...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4732ewghlv7pwv8us68b

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47pkm5epkim6amhbmpyd

Lets just say we all want him to succeed and perform his best. No more excuses. He is either the elite player he was supposed to be or...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4732ewghlv7pwv8us68b

Ok but if you honestly expect him to dominate today when they're not even playing him full time bc he's coming back from the neck injury and you're saying this game right  here is his most important game thus far in his career while acknowledging before you even start to write that point that “this may be crazy…” then yeah, if I don't agree with that I'm going to say so and why.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ok but if you honestly expect him to dominate today when they're not even playing him full time bc he's coming back from the neck injury and you're saying this game right  here is his most important game thus far in his career while acknowledging before you even start to write that point that “this may be crazy…” then yeah, if I don't agree with that I'm going to say so and why.

Didn't Chase Young say he is 100%? "I'm ready to rock" is I think what he said.

So yeah, we better see a fully healthy Chase Young and he needs to improve the defense being out there. At some point, you just gotta take the kids gloves off and expect that the professional athlete performs to a certain level. I know you have a lot of personal attachment to him. I'm not calling out any practice habits or anything. I'm not questioning his character or him as a person. I want Chase Young, the Defensive End, to play and play well, just like you. We have agreed a lot on the "blame" there is to go around for the handling of his injury/injury-history and his contract situation. The best thing Chase can do, is go out there and ball out. If they keep him on a pitch count, make those snaps he does get, count.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

This might sound a little crazy but for me this game is going to tell me a lot concerning CY. In his short career this will be the most important game he plays thus far

Again, just saying I don't think this game is going to tell us a lot about him bc he's had so much time off and he's on a pitch count. Also, in what way is it the most important game for him in his career thus far?

Like bc it's important for him to stay healthy or, do you expect him to really break out?

I think the most important thing for him is to get through games healthy at this point before we start expecting him to break out and dominate as he did at the end of 2020.

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

So yeah, we better see a fully healthy Chase Young and he needs to improve the defense being out there. At some point, you just gotta take the kids gloves off and expect that the professional athlete performs to a certain level. I know you have a lot of personal attachment to him. I'm not calling out any practice habits or anything. I'm not questioning his character or him as a person. I want Chase Young, the Defensive End, to play and play well, just like you. We have agreed a lot on the "blame" there is to go around for the handling of his injury/injury-history and his contract situation. The best thing Chase can do, is go out there and ball out. If they keep him on a pitch count, make those snaps he does get, count.

Talk to HC & the doctors about that. It's not Chase’s choice to be on a pitch count or to be treated with kids gloves. 

They're doing it to him at this point but his detractors such as yourself keep blaming Chase instead of his HC.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Talk to HC & the doctors about that. It's not Chase’s choice to be on a pitch count or to be treated with kids gloves. 

They're doing it to him at this point but his detractors such as yourself keep blaming Chase instead of his HC.

Read what you just said. Then reread what I wrote. Also calling me a detractor of his is comical. I'll just leave you in a Lala-land when it comes to Chase Young. I already know if he flames out, you will never admit that you were wrong. I would LOVE to have to apologize for an incorrect take because that would mean he succeeds. If he succeeds, hopefully we succeed.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Read what you just said. Then reread what I wrote. Also calling me a detractor of his is comical. I'll just leave you in a Lala-land when it comes to Chase Young. I already know if he flames out, you will never admit that you were wrong. I would LOVE to have to apologize for an incorrect take because that would mean he succeeds. If he succeeds, hopefully we succeed.

Yeah I admit I started responding before I got to your last two sentences.

I’ll admit I was wrong if it's ever obvious just as I eventually did on RG3 and many other players, but I'm not going to do so when this season at the least as a Commander is still in front of him to prove himself and I'm certainly not going to put too much stake in this game as Art suggested he was doing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'm certainly not going to put too much stake in this game as Art suggested he was doing.

Whether you want to put pressure on this game, Chase absolutely should. It is his first game in a contract year, coming off another injury that made him miss a regular season game. It is a VERY important game for Chase Young and this team.

39 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

It’s just like in any other sport, you’ve got to be on the field/court/ice to make an impact.  

Right now, he’s looking like an overrated guy like Jadaveon Clowney was.  Let’s see if he can prove the doubters wrong