W2-SF 49ers vs LA Rams

BStanRamFan

Welp, this game will be a good indicator of what last week was. Spread is at +8.5

I think we lose, but make it competitive. 24-20 SF.

One thing I noticed last week was us running it between the tackles more. Moving away from the outside zone scheme we are used to.

Our O-line will be tested and our secondary is going to see a very different look than what SEA showed with 11 personnel. What are your expectations?

Yes this will really show us where the Rams are this season.

They cannot make Special Teams mistakes or put themselves in bad situations or it will get ugly.

If the o-line can protect and open lanes I believe the Rams can have a lot of success and if the defense can contain the big play they will have more confidence.

But I think right now the 49ers are set up and we are still trying to get there.

49ers 28-17

32 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I don't get McVay and Akers and what's going on. 

Same. Idk whats going on? My only guess is it started when Akers was having those fumbling issues. McVay hated it just like any other coach hates fumbling. From that point on things have been off and on bc I do think Akers feels like he should be the main guy but I dont think McVay trust him. I personally think the Rams will go after Taylor of the Colts. From what I heard the Rams inquired about him weeks ago. They play the Colts in a few weeks. Dont be shocked if the Rams pull the trigger. Just depends on what will they give up. 

On 9/15/2023 at 5:10 AM, LeotheLion said:

I'm expecting to get Molly whopped. I have no expectations for the defense and hope the offensive line can try and match the talent on San Francisco. Going to be very difficult. 

I hope thats not the case. The Rams supposed to be reshaped as a physical team up front on the OL and on defense playing fast and being aggressive. Not that soft, bend but dont break stuff. Im talking about the bump and press coverage type of defense. If thats the case thats a different Rams team than the Niners have faced and beaten badly most of the time over the previous seasons.

A healthy Stafford just give him some time in the pocket he will shred the Niners secondary whom Im still saying is not great. What makes the defense as a whole great is their front seven. And we have seen Stafford shred the Niners secondary up before.

Now I do think the Niners will win bc Im not picking the Rams to beat the Niners in the regular season until they actually do it. I just want this game to be close where the Rams have a shot to win and we come out relatively healthy. 

4 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Not sure how we pay him and I really don't want to spend anywhere near the pick the Colts or their idiot owner are demanding. Honestly if we give up a 1st or 2nd I'd be extremely upset. 

I’d rather they spend one 2 or 3 on JT than spend a 2 or 3 every single year in the draft. But I do hope it’ll be a 3. Even a 3 this year and 3-4 next year I’d be cool with. I don’t see us getting him anyway but if it’s doable and they can find a way to pay him I’d be stoked about it. 

5 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I’d rather they spend one 2 or 3 on JT than spend a 2 or 3 every single year in the draft. But I do hope it’ll be a 3. Even a 3 this year and 3-4 next year I’d be cool with. I don’t see us getting him anyway but if it’s doable and they can find a way to pay him I’d be stoked about it. 

I don't really want to spend a 2nd or 3rd on a RB in the draft either. Or an ILB and very very rarely a safety, takes a special player, but that's just me. 

8 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I don't really want to spend a 2nd or 3rd on a RB in the draft either. Or an ILB and very very rarely a safety, takes a special player, but that's just me. 

I agree for sure, I don’t want to spend that either for a RB in the draft. I just feel that’s what we do every single year. If we do it once more for JT it might be the last time we’d have to and could stop wasting those every year.