Week 2 GDT - SNF - Must win vs Miami?

Hunter2_1

1245966259.0.jpg

I don't know about you, but I'm sick of losing to these guys.....

NzE2MDYwOTA

Here’s the first injury report ahead of Sunday’s 8:20 p.m. ET AFC East kickoff at Gillette Stadium.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

Patriots

• OT Trent Brown (concussion)
  • G Sidy Sow (concussion)

Dolphins

• RB Raheem Mostert (knee)

KEYS

- We can't get into a shootout, because we'll lose. Our OL is hanging on by a thread, and we don't need Mac trying to keep up with Tua. That's why I believe we'll do our usual thing against high octane offenses and entice them into running. We'll be Dime a lot, with a lot of speed in the secondary. Hopefully we can get them off the field.

- Jonathan Jones is healthy. Has had good success against Hill before.

- Success on ground. Miami surrendered 5.8 per carry against LA, and 233 total yards. It included some big rakes by Ekeler, which skews it, but we absolutely must establish the run. 

- Limit turnovers. In all the losses against Miami recently, we've given them the ball too often. We probably beat the Eagles without those turnovers. Stop giving the ball away!

**HURRICANE LEE EXPECTED TO IMPACT COASTAL NEW ENGLAND LATE FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY NIGHT*

It will probably just be cloudy with residual wind. Don't think we can count on Lee to help us.

Are we in must-win territory here? We all know the stats about 0-2 teams and playoffs...

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 3

I'm probably in the minority with this and his record against the Pats is contradicting me as well, but I think Tua is quite overrated. He had a mid career before the arrival of Hill and never appeared to me as one of the ueberelite young QBs in the league. Now that I said this, I'm fully expecting to be clowned by him today.

6 hours ago, LD696 said:

I'm probably in the minority with this and his record against the Pats is contradicting me as well, but I think Tua is quite overrated. He had a mid career before the arrival of Hill and never appeared to me as one of the ueberelite young QBs in the league.

I agree and I guess I'm in the minority as well. I'm optimistic. Those turnovers killed us in the last game. Hopefully Bill had everyone doing hands drill after that.

14 hours ago, LD696 said:

I'm probably in the minority with this and his record against the Pats is contradicting me as well, but I think Tua is quite overrated. He had a mid career before the arrival of Hill and never appeared to me as one of the ueberelite young QBs in the league. Now that I said this, I'm fully expecting to be clowned by him today.

he was mid tonight but so were the pats as a whole

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

I never thought I’d say this….but I’m ready for the BB era to be over, at least one where he controls everything and is the GM in charge of drafting and can put his dingbat son on his staff.

season isnt over. i think playoffs are in the realm of possibility with rodgers out for the jets and teams like the bengals, steelers, chargers, raiders, broncos, jaguars, and even the bills and chiefs looking beatable or suffering big injuries to start the year.

• Like 2