• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Payton Wilson posted 4.44 x 40. Tenth fastest ever for LB. 

I love Wilson's skillset. Think he'd be a great addition. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Cooper, Colson, or Wilson would be great additions to the team.

I'd be happy with any of these 3. But I think if you're looking to add physicality (a staple of Zimmer defenses) and toughness while addressing the core of the defense, and shoring up the ability to stop the run...Colson has to be the choice. And I honestly don't think he will last to our round 2 selection. I'd be fine.with round 1. Maybe not the best "value" but since when has this team really drafted on value in the last decade and a half? They add good players even if it's a stretch of where they take them ... in round 1 especially

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Think Wilson is a late first rounder? Was he prior to the combine?

I don’t think he is, no. Honestly, I don’t think that any of the true LBs will go in the 1st round. The talent at that position (aside from Chop Robinson and Jared Verse, who should both be converted to OLB/DE) is in the 2nd-3rd round, which is where Cooper, Colson, Wilson, and Trotter are slated to go.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Stealing this joke, but

Imagine how good he’ll be when they put him at his true position, off ball linebacker.

And that’s really his best position. When Penn State played him there in 2022, he was a sack machine. When they kept him primarily as a DE last season, he was a terror because of the pressure he created, but his sack numbers dropped significantly.

19 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I'd be happy with any of these 3. But I think if you're looking to add physicality (a staple of Zimmer defenses) and toughness while addressing the core of the defense, and shoring up the ability to stop the run...Colson has to be the choice. And I honestly don't think he will last to our round 2 selection. I'd be fine.with round 1. Maybe not the best "value" but since when has this team really drafted on value in the last decade and a half? They add good players even if it's a stretch of where they take them ... in round 1 especially

I completely agree with you that Colson is the most physical of the LBs in this class, but I don’t see him going in the 1st round. And, we should never pass on superior talent just to fill a need. That’s a terrible draft strategy. We did that from 1996-2003 (and worse in 2009 when we deliberately drafted backups from start to finish), and we paid dearly for it. Just because he’d be a good fit doesn’t mean you sacrifice the talent ahead of him. 

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Darius Robinson is raw and lacks polish, but that size and athleticism makes for some interesting potential.

Robinson is going to be a huge asset for whoever gets him.