• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

On 9/16/2023 at 11:19 AM, WizardHawk said:

Not sure how one of these hasn’t been posted with the college season in full swing, but here we go. Dallas probably needs to address the OL, CB, and RB. Another WR if Tolbert doesn’t progress. 

Honestly, I think WR and DE will be the top areas to address in 2024, followed by CB. It’ll really depend on how long Gilmore sticks around.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

Honestly, I think WR and DE will be the top areas to address in 2024, followed by CB. It’ll really depend on how long Gilmore sticks around.

Considered these as well, but would be hard pressed to put either over OL at the moment. ZM isn’t getting any younger. Tyron on his last leg and I suspect Bladiasz may get paid more elsewhere. 
Whatever the case, kind of feels like Dallas either takes advantage of this window of opportunity, or they take a step backwards and go into a minor rebuild.  

What a great group of QBs…

Shedeur Sanders, Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, JJ Mcarthy, Michael Penix, Quinn Ewers etc…

I don’t remember the QB group being this deep in a long time. 

Edited by DaBoys

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Shedeur Sanders, Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, JJ Mcarthy, Michael Penix, Quinn Ewers etc…

I haven’t seen all of these players. But I’m quite confident Jayden Daniels will be looked at as a pretty mediocre prospect by the time the draft rolls around.

29 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I haven’t seen all of these players. But I’m quite confident Jayden Daniels will be looked at as a pretty mediocre prospect by the time the draft rolls around.

Ahhh yes you have ASU insight. He played well this weekend. 

On 9/18/2023 at 7:55 AM, DaBoys said:

Agreed. It's an insanely deep and very talented QB class. If all of these guys come out, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 5-6 QBs go in the first round.

On 9/19/2023 at 10:34 AM, Tony7188 said:

I think LB should be looked into as well. LVE is on a short term deal and has injury concerns. With Parsons being on the edge a lot, a new MLB would be great. 

I feel like linebackers are a lot like running backs, not just in body type and career longevity, but also in that the really good ones can consistently be found in rounds 3 and 4. 

Im all for pairing Overshown with another 3rd or 4th rounder with upside 

Edited by DaBoys

On 9/21/2023 at 3:15 PM, plan9misfit said:

Agreed. It's an insanely deep and very talented QB class. If all of these guys come out, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 5-6 QBs go in the first round.

6 would be quite a feat. Hasn’t happened since 1983.

I’ve not dug in enough to say confidently exactly how many, but 6 would really surprise me. Williams and Maye are stone cold locks. Sanders is probably, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he did decide to return to school. Daniels, Nix, and Ewers still have a lot to prove before they go in round 1. Don’t know enough about the others, yet.

But it’s a cycle we see a lot. “This QB class is amazing”->”This year’s QB class isn’t that great”->”Teams should wait until next year for a much better draft class”, then rinse and repeat.

If you set the O/U at 5, I’d definitely take the under.

On 9/21/2023 at 5:19 PM, DaBoys said:

I feel like linebackers are a lot like running backs, not just in body type and career longevity, but also in that the really good ones can consistently be found in rounds 3 and 4. 

Im all for pairing Overshown with another 3rd or 4th rounder with upside 

Agreed, Overshown, Clark, a mid-rounder + Bell is a fine group.  

16 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

6 would be quite a feat. Hasn’t happened since 1983.

I’ve not dug in enough to say confidently exactly how many, but 6 would really surprise me. Williams and Maye are stone cold locks. Sanders is probably, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he did decide to return to school. Daniels, Nix, and Ewers still have a lot to prove before they go in round 1. Don’t know enough about the others, yet.

But it’s a cycle we see a lot. “This QB class is amazing”->”This year’s QB class isn’t that great”->”Teams should wait until next year for a much better draft class”, then rinse and repeat.

If you set the O/U at 5, I’d definitely take the under.

Given the 5th year option, I think some of the guys who would likely slip to the second round will be taken in the first. If they all come out, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Bo Nix, Michael Penix Jr. and Shedeur Sanders all go in the first. That’s five right there.