• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

14 minutes ago, TVScout said:

A plurality of mock drafts has us picking Emeka Egbuka.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/teams/2024/dallas-cowboys

He's a great prospect. An ideal #2 WR, in my opinion.

A lot of mocks have us (as usual) drafting a CB in the 1st, which I don't see happening at all, given who we have at the position. I think we'll draft one in the mid rounds, but not the 1st or 2nd. In my opinion, OT, WR, RB, and DE are far more pressing.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

A lot of mocks have us (as usual) drafting a CB in the 1st, which I don't see happening at all, given who we have at the position. I think we'll draft one in the mid rounds, but not the 1st or 2nd. In my opinion, OT, WR, RB, and DE are far more pressing.

At corner - I'd re-sign Gilmore and maybe add another guy in the mid-to-late rounds of the draft and call it a day. 

I like Egbuka and think he'd fit in well here, so wouldn't hate that pick at all. 

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I’d be surprised if we drafted a CB in round 1, but I do think CB3, is about a clear an open spot for an upgrade as exists on our team. I won’t be surprised if they prioritize nickel CB as one of their bargain FA/trades in the offseason.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 1:41 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’d be surprised if we drafted a CB in round 1, but I do think CB3, is about a clear an open spot for an upgrade as exists on our team. I won’t be surprised if they prioritize nickel CB as one of their bargain FA/trades in the offseason.

I see OL as the main need for this team next year.  Been great over last 3-4 games but so we really expect OT Smith to continue this year and be ready next year….    Next to me is LB….  We are surviving with out LVE but we can lot really count on Overshown coming back.  I doubt we resign Gilmore but we might even with out him Bland and Diggs should be the edges and Lewis is okay but yes a 3rd to work in is okay.   We also need to consider that Hooker Kearse and Wilson group won’t last much and Wilson’s roll has been replaced by Bell and is failing at his current roll 

If we draft a CB or WR early I'm going postal!

I believe our biggest needs are:

1. OL

2. RB

3. LB

4. OL

5. RB

6. Edge

7. OL

I mean, we have at WR:

Lamb, Cooks, Gallup, Tolbert, Turpin, Bryant. 

DB??? We are crushing it without our best CB. WHY IN THE HELL PICK ANOTHER ONE?

RB is one of the easiest positions to transition to from college. A bellcow RB can come in next year and totally add another dimension to this team. OL, there is a learning curve but if you get the right player, he can make a huge difference right away, ie: Tyler Smith.

5 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’d bring Tyron back. Get through training camp and see where things are at.

Where we are going to be picking, I’d be looking Center as the spot to be upgraded. Don’t  see a RB this year that I would definitely take in the 1st. 

Edited by textaz03

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Where we are going to be picking, I’d be looking Center as the spot to be upgraded. Don’t  see a RB this year that I would definitely take in the 1st. 

I won’t say never, but that’s a pretty bold bet to think they’ll invest in a center in the 1st round. Many years, there isn’t even a center drafted in round 1. 

Everyone thinks this may be the best OT class in a long time. That’s where my money is at.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 6:50 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I won’t say never, but that’s a pretty bold bet to think they’ll invest in a center in the 1st round. Many years, there isn’t even a center drafted in round 1. 

Everyone thinks this may be the best OT class in a long time. That’s where my money is at.

I agree. Center is incredibly valuable, but very few are selected in the 1st round. I think there have only been 10 selected in the last 20+ years.