• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

47 minutes ago, quiller said:

This will effect things if true but Overshown is probably going to be okay and has shown to be real good, good enough to step right back in and has the size and speed to really help our run D.  Thus I still put LB down a bit bellow OL WR RB about the same as safety.   One thing to consider also in all this is most likely Quinn is gone.   Will his replacement / MM put the same value on having players like Bell -Kearse play minor LB rolls in this D. 

Any objections to Al Harris moving up as DC in the event Dairy Queen moves on?

3 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Any objections to Al Harris moving up as DC in the event Dairy Queen moves on?

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m thinking DQ is here one more year, but Harris seems the likely candidate in the event he does.

Big fan of Harris’. But this is only his 4th year of coaching experience with any real responsibility.

Seems like they’ve been grooming Joe Whitt for the job, and he probably deserves at least some of the credit that Al Harris has gotten.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Seems like they’ve been grooming Joe Whitt for the job, and he probably deserves at least some of the credit that Al Harris has gotten.

I was thinking Whitt would follow DQ and be his DC if he got a HC job, but you’re probably right.

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Ohio State WR Emeka Egbuka will not declare for the 2024 NFL draft and is instead returning for his senior season.

https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1745457243640987765?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

I don’t believe Harrison has announced he’s entering draft either.

Ewers is headed back to UT as well.

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

Just saw that! Very good news for UT. Plus having Manning as the backup this year, will get him some play time. 

Have to assume that Ewers got some guarantee from Sark that he was the starter and there wouldn’t be a competition.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Have to assume that Ewers got some guarantee from Sark that he was the starter and there wouldn’t be a competition.

Oh most definitely. What I meant was with Murphy gone (Duke via Transfer Portal) Manning will now get a lot of the mop up duty that Murphy was getting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t believe Harrison has announced he’s entering draft either.

That has now changed

Ohio State WR Marvin Harrison Jr. has declared for the 2024 NFL Draft. Will be the fourth Buckeye receiver drafted in the first round over a three-draft span—and is the best prospect of them all.

He’s likely to go inside the Top 5.

https://x.com/albertbreer/status/1745509700236411013?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

11 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Ohio State WR Emeka Egbuka will not declare for the 2024 NFL draft and is instead returning for his senior season.

https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1745457243640987765?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

I think that’s because his stock is slipping a bit and he may slip into the 2nd round given the depth at WR this year. It’s insanely deep.

45 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I think that’s because his stock is slipping a bit and he may slip into the 2nd round given the depth at WR this year. It’s insanely deep.

Amazing the diff NIL deals have made.  Makes more in CFB than as a 2nd Rounder in the NFL

13 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Amazing the diff NIL deals have made.  Makes more in CFB than as a 2nd Rounder in the NFL

Yep. The NIL isn't enough to entice 1st round guys to stay because the rookie contracts are guaranteed and higher than any NIL deal (look no further than the $20+M deal that was offered to Marvin Harrison, Jr.), but 2nd rounders can now make some solid coin. There's still the risk of losing long term money in the event of a significant injury, but it's dramatically less than when they didn't make anything at all.