• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

On 12/2/2023 at 1:24 PM, plan9misfit said:

It’ll be hard to do given the way he’s played this season. He finally looks healthy, but we should definitely have a guy waiting in the wings.

What about the rookie Asim Richards? Haven't heard a peep about him. Any developments? Is he coming along, getting better? 

16 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

What about the rookie Asim Richards? Haven't heard a peep about him. Any developments? Is he coming along, getting better? 

He looked really promising in preseason, albeit a work in progress. It was his attitude I noticed. Seemed high effort, high energy, which is unusual in an OL. Could progress into a really nasty finisher at LG, BUT “The LT/LG Smiths” are obviously playing really well so far this year. 

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

It takes a full season before a lot of guys are back to 100% after serious knee injuries and surgery. That may be the case with him.

Duke Manyweather says it’s Steele’s hands that are the problem. But seems logical that if he doesn’t trust his legs to get him to the right spots, he’d be more likely to reach/lunge. Steele, at his best, is a dominant run blocker and an average pass protector. Post-injury, he’s been an average run blocker, and bad pass protector.

But at the end of the day, the question marks are why OT make a lot of sense in the draft. Tyron gets hurt? You have a replacement. Steele doesn’t improve? You have an option. I think it’s more likely you need 2 OTs than don’t need any.

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Duke Manyweather says it’s Steele’s hands that are the problem. But seems logical that if he doesn’t trust his legs to get him to the right spots, he’d be more likely to reach/lunge. Steele, at his best, is a dominant run blocker and an average pass protector. Post-injury, he’s been an average run blocker, and bad pass protector.

But at the end of the day, the question marks are why OT make a lot of sense in the draft. Tyron gets hurt? You have a replacement. Steele doesn’t improve? You have an option. I think it’s more likely you need 2 OTs than don’t need any.

You know that I’m never going to complain if we draft O-line. You know my tag line, as I’ve been saying it for over 20 years:

Offensive line. Defensive line. Early. Often. Annually.

I will never waiver from this.

19 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Exactly why I want Kingsley even if we have to trade up. He can play both edges. There might not be a single player this year who could be of more help.

If we assume that Tyler Smith will make All-Pro this season, that will make 10 times since 2010 that our first round pick has eventually been named All-Pro at least once.

Next best is Tampa Bay with 5. No one else has more than 4, and the league average is less than 3.

That’s a pretty wild run of 1st round success.

• Like 1