• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

Scenarios I've seen playing out as of late (and the combine and lead up to the draft will have a lot of this moving around) but in a possible scenario where the following players are at 24:

• Kool-Aid McKinstry
  • Brian Thomas JR
  • Jackson Powers-Johnson
  • Jer’Zhan Newton and Brian Thomas

I think we'd be happy with any of the first 3 - I see no chance we go back -to- back on DT in the first round, esp with Osi playing so well.  We either add a great #2 opposite of Lamb, a shutdown press-man cover corner opposite of Diggs (assuming we let Gilmore walk) or a C to anchor our interior OL for the next decade that we should have still had with Travis.

38 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Scenarios I've seen playing out as of late (and the combine and lead up to the draft will have a lot of this moving around) but in a possible scenario where the following players are at 24:

• Kool-Aid McKinstry
  • Brian Thomas JR
  • Jackson Powers-Johnson

I think we'd be happy with any of the first 3 - I see no chance we go back -to- back on DT in the first round, esp with Osi playing so well.  We either add a great #2 opposite of Lamb, a shutdown press-man cover corner opposite of Diggs (assuming we let Gilmore walk) or a C to anchor our interior OL for the next decade that we should have still had with Travis.

Part of me thinks that Jared Verse is going to slide a bit because his measurements aren't strong fits as a DE. He's more of a 3-4 OLB/DE, and that may concern teams since he was primarily a hands in the dirt guy at Florida State. If he falls, I'd give him some HEAVY consideration at 24. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

• Kool-Aid McKinstry
  • Brian Thomas JR
  • Jackson Powers-Johnson

They aren’t the same player, but Brian Thomas Jr parallels so closely to Justin Jefferson. #2 guy in a prolific LSU offense, bit underutilized because of playing opposite Nabers/Chase. Widely considered the #4 guy in his class, after a trio of other elite prospects.

The man is so fluid and fast for his size. Love the body control, red zone capability.

I’d very happily draft him and figure out the rest later.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Fiske showing out as a freak athlete but the TRex arms could hold him back as a 3rd rounder 

Someone mentioned Kancey went in the 1st with a shorter arm length last year, so I think some teams may not see it as an issue.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Someone mentioned Kancey went in the 1st with a shorter arm length last year, so I think some teams may not see it as an issue.

Yeah, he did - but his lack of success this year didn’t help.  Think he graded out as a 40 or 50