• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

Per source, I’ve been told that Kentucky LB Trevin Wallace has a Top 30 visit with the #DallasCowboys in early April. 

At the NFL Combine, Wallace ran a 4.51 40, 3rd fastest among off ball linebackers, 37.5 vertical and 10’7 broad jump 

2023: 80 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 8.5 TFL

https://x.com/nhutchisontv/status/1767016690372517951?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

14 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Aside from the guys who obviously won’t be there, I’d have a stronggg preference for Mims or Fautanu. I also would take JPJ.

Latham, Morgan, and Barton, maybe too. But those guys fall into that same category as Guyton.

All this to say, my current prediction is that Guyton falls to day 2.

Texas A&M linebacker Edgerrin Cooper is scheduled for a top-30 visit with the Dallas Cowboys in early April.

One of the top linebackers in the country last season, Cooper met with the Cowboys at the Shrine Bowl and will now go more in-depth.

First reported by @_RyanFowler_

https://x.com/nickharrisdc/status/1768299575087870075?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

9 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Texas A&M linebacker Edgerrin Cooper is scheduled for a top-30 visit with the Dallas Cowboys in early April.

One of the top linebackers in the country last season, Cooper met with the Cowboys at the Shrine Bowl and will now go more in-depth.

https://x.com/nickharrisdc/status/1768299575087870075?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

He’s the best LB in this draft, not by a huge margin over Junior Colson, but a noticeable one. 

On 3/14/2024 at 9:07 AM, textaz03 said:

He’s my only choice for LB if we want one in the first round. He won’t be there for our 2nd round pick. 

On 3/15/2024 at 5:19 PM, Tony7188 said:

He’s my only choice for LB if we want one in the first round. He won’t be there for our 2nd round pick. 

I don't think Junior Colson will be, either. He has the traits everyone is hot on right now. That ball carrier hunting, traffic dodging, hit and wrap up tackling, prototypically sized football guy that can wear the green dot, spot the tendency and call the shots on the field. He is going to go a lot earlier than you see in a lot of these mocks.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 10:57 AM, TVScout said:

Cool find but I think these stats have become a bit irrelevant in today's game. The days of defenses running primarily one style of coverage are as over as offenses running one primary style of attack. Defenses run a much wider combination of coverages now - there is really no more of that clear cut and easily named "Tampa 2", "zone blitz", "man coverage", or even outright 3-4 or 4-3 defenses anymore just as there are really no more clear cut and easily named "west coast offense", "zone running", "power blocking", "spread" offenses anymore.

On offense and on defense, you need a heavy dose of concepts of all of those styles that were once their own thing. If you don't have it in your repertoire, the other teams coordinator will exploit that all game long. It's like an MMA fighter not knowing how to grapple or not being able to stand and box. Back in the day that was fine. But in modern times, that weakness will be so easily exploited by someone who may not be an expert in that area, but is at least well versed in it enough to make you regret not learning to do it back to them.

I do kind of miss the days of west coast offense vs cover 2 defense, zone run offense vs 34 zone defense .... But coordinators and coaches in general have become so heavily influenced by more than one source nowadays, and have realized it is far easier and better for their unit to have the capability of running some of everything, so that they can't be taken advantage of for not being able to do it.

So these corners today had better be able to stick with a guy in man, stay steadfast in zone, tackle well in a shallow area, or play for the ball deep down the field. The moment an offense realizes they can't do one as well as they do the others, they will throw it in that way in their direction over and over and over again 

Edited by Dallas94Ware