The bad and the ugly Buffalo edition

Totty

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It wasn't incompetence. It was a miss. He wasn't going to play on the current contract. They extended him, he regressed. Both sides take accountability for the divorce. They couldn't pay elite money for an average QB. If Carr didn't regress, he's here today. 

I was not a fan of replacing average with average with Jimmy G. It keeps them firmly in the middle. I agree with you here. But the "having a backup plan in place" is a nice thought, but rarely works in practice. You have to draft one, that should have happened years ago instead of rolling with average year after year.

That is 100 pure speculation.  There is not one shred of evidence you can show me to make this a fact.  I'll wait for you to provide any but until then your opinion doesn't count as fact....

In regards to your other points, someone pointed out earlier that Carr is the 14th highest paid QB in the NFL which is about right.  You say Carr regressed which is a broad statement that is lacking context.  He did not play well in the system JM put forth and like I have said many times before this season will tell us a lot in regards to this.  JM now has now hand picked his Qb to run his system and although it's early the results have been below average.  Carr is now on a team with the best supporting cast of his career and most importantly not a bottom tier D so there will be no more excuses either way. 

You claim Jimmy G is an average QB, I calm he is below average that has been propped up by top D's nearly every year of his career.  I can name at least 17 QB's I would rather have over Jimmy G.

I have been pounding the table for taking a stab at a QB in the 3rd round or beyond for years in an attempt to find an upgrade.  If an injury happened to Carr and we were in a position in the early 1st to draft an upgrade I would have been on board but neither of the two ever happened.  

I have said for years that Carr is in the same tier as Cousins and Stafford and while he is not Mahomes you never cut an asset like that and receive nothing in compensation which is exactly what JM/DZ did, especially when you have no upgrade in place.  We could have landed early rounds picks for Carr instead we walk away with nothing and incur a 6M cap hit.  That is flat out unacceptable and is one of many blunders that will lead to JM getting canned. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

The only one telling lies is you and its been posted several times. You want everybody to believe that when you was rubbing it in when this regime resigned Carr that you said wait a minute I don't think that's necessary. Lol Bull Roar!

Show me proof contradicting exactly what I posted and I'll take you seriously.  I'll never take you seriously because you're ignorant and spread lies.  I'll be waiting....

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This serves as a reminder that the roster construction problems and drama go back further than the latest regime. It's a literal epidemic at this point. 

I honestly thought moving to Vegas, new stadium would breath new life into the franchise, but it certainly hasn't. 

In someways it's made it worse. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Show me proof contradicting exactly what I posted and I'll take you seriously.  I'll never take you seriously because you're ignorant and spread lies.  I'll be waiting....

I already caught you in your lies, but you asked so you shall receive clown...Carr a top 10 QB, lol so Cousins is too then.

@Frankie2Gunzwrote!

Exactly.  Fans can bash the move all they want but those fans have been missing the big picture regarding Carr for years.  They're fuming because Ziegler and JM view Carr the same way that I do.  Do you know how I know this?  They just locked him up to an extension which includes a no trade clause that guarantees he will be in Vegas at least until he is 35.  Some people are not only clueless and are continuously proven wrong, they also refuse to admit they are wrong, which I find comical.  

It has been quite obvious to anyone with a trained eye that Carr is a top 10 NFL QB who has been held back by terrible coaching/GM's, one of the worst D's in the NFL and atrocious weapons on O.  What is so obvious to some is blind to others.  All of this is quite clear to our new GM and HC combo but there are pages and pages of average fans on here who have been wanting to move on from Carr for years.  I knew he would never be traded as I also know what his value is around NFL circles.  That value was reinforced today with his new deal. 

I am just happy our new HC/GM combo knows what they are doing.  They have proven it but assembling our best roster in 20 years with one offseason and by locking up Carr who is a heck of a QB that bleeds Silver and Black!  The next 4 years at a 35M is not a bad deal for a franchise QB.  

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I already caught you in your lies, but you asked so you shall receive clown...Carr a top 10 QB, lol so Cousins is too then.

@Frankie2Gunzwrote!

Exactly.  Fans can bash the move all they want but those fans have been missing the big picture regarding Carr for years.  They're fuming because Ziegler and JM view Carr the same way that I do.  Do you know how I know this?  They just locked him up to an extension which includes a no trade clause that guarantees he will be in Vegas at least until he is 35.  Some people are not only clueless and are continuously proven wrong, they also refuse to admit they are wrong, which I find comical.  

It has been quite obvious to anyone with a trained eye that Carr is a top 10 NFL QB who has been held back by terrible coaching/GM's, one of the worst D's in the NFL and atrocious weapons on O.  What is so obvious to some is blind to others.  All of this is quite clear to our new GM and HC combo but there are pages and pages of average fans on here who have been wanting to move on from Carr for years.  I knew he would never be traded as I also know what his value is around NFL circles.  That value was reinforced today with his new deal. 

I am just happy our new HC/GM combo knows what they are doing.  They have proven it but assembling our best roster in 20 years with one offseason and by locking up Carr who is a heck of a QB that bleeds Silver and Black!  The next 4 years at a 35M is not a bad deal for a franchise QB.  

For the 500th time this post is not contradictory to anything I have ever said.  I still believe Carr is a franchise QB as I also feel that Cousins and Stafford are as well.  Are they elite studs like Mahomes or Allen no they are not but they are franchise Qb's who can lead a team to the playoffs and win games.  Carr has absolutely been held back by poor coaching, a poor D and lack of supporting cast during his stint as a Raider.  Those are facts!

They locked up Carr to an extension and included a NTC so they certainly viewed him as a franchise QB at the time.  Obviously I, nor anyone could have fathomed the level of incompetence exhibited by JM/DZ in regards to the NTC as anyone who understands contracts would assume the NTC would have locked him up for multiple years in Vegas.  Who would have guessed that they would have turned an asset into a liability, incur a 6M cap hit and receive nothing in compensation?  That is incompetence that no one can condone or comprehend.  

No one could have fathomed the front office would be so incompetent as to extend Carr, include a NTC and cut bait for nothing after one year.  Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?  It's clear that your lack comprehension and your grammar are atrocious which is why I find it very difficult to follow so many of your posts. 

Last year the roster was the best roster they had assembled in 20 years solely based on the O talent.  I have multiple posts stating how terrible the D is and has been and they didn't disappoint with another bottom three finish.  I was optimistic the O would be fun to watch with Carr, Jacobs, Adams, Waller and Renfrow but that clearly never materialized due to injuries, poor coaching and JM/DZ's inability to bolster the D or Oline.  

So JM/DZ lock up Carr to be their franchise QB for at least two seasons and cut bait after one year.  What then happens to Carr, he is immediately swooped up by the Saints who also view him as I do by giving him a 60M guarantee.  It wasn't only the Saints who were linked to Carr as the Jets and Panthers were as well.  The point is that Carr had many options and got paid as the 14th highest paid QB in the NFL which is about right for his skillset.  

If Carr would have sat on the FA market and signed a contract for a fraction of what he was making in Vegas I would have admitted the NFL didn't view Carr in the same light as I did, however his current contract, multiple suitors and the fact that he was in a position to hand pick his own team only reinforces that he is a franchise QB that we cut for nothing. 

This post not only proves nothing but is also not contradictory to anything I ever said.  The only thing I or anyone else couldn't have factored in was the complete incompetence by JM/DZ by turning an asset into a liability by receiving nothing in compensation for letting him go.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

For the 500th time this post is not contradictory to anything I have ever said?  I still believe Carr is a franchise QB as I also feel that Cousins and Stafford are as well.  Are they elite suds in like Mahomes or Allen no they are not but they are franchise Qb's who can lead a team to the playoffs and win games.  Carr has absolutely been held back by poor coaching, a poor D and lack of supporting cast during his stint as a Raider.  Those are facts!

They locked up Carr to an extension and included a NTC so they certainly viewed him as a franchise QB at the time.  Obviously I hadn't combed through the details of the contract at that point as I thought the NTC would have locked him up for multiple years in Vegas. I couldn't have fathomed the front office being so incompetent as to extend Carr when it was not necessary, include a NTC and cut bait for nothing after one year.  Why is that such a hard concept to grasp?  It's clear that your lack comprehension and your grammar are atrocious which is why I find it very difficult to follow so many of your posts. 

Last year the roster was the best roster they had assembled in 20 years solely based on the O talent.  I have multiple posts stating how terrible the D is and has been and they didn't disappoint with another bottom three finish.  I was optimistic the O would be fun to watch with Carr, Jacobs, Adams, Waller and Renfrow but that clearly never materialized due to injuries, poor coaching and JM/DZ's inability to bolster the D or Oline.  

So JM/DZ lock up Carr to be their franchise QB for at least two seasons and cut bait after one year.  What then happens to Carr, he is immediately swooped up by the Saints who also view him as I do by giving him a 60M guarantee.  It wasn't only the Saints who were linked to Carr as the Jets and Panthers were as well.  The point is that Carr had many options and got paid as the 14th highest paid QB in the NFL which is about right for his skillset.  

If Carr would have sat on the FA market and signed a contract for a fraction of what he was making in Vegas I would have admitted the NFL didn't view Carr in the same light as I did, however his current contract, multiple suitors and the fact that he was in a position to hand pick his own team only reinforces that he is a franchise QB that we cut for nothing. 

This post not only proves nothing but is also not contradictory to anything I ever said.  The only thing I or anyone else couldn't have factored in was the complete incompetence by JM/DZ by turning an asset into a liability by receiving nothing in compensation for letting him go.  

Lmao where in that post did you say it wasn't necessary for them to give him an extension while you rubbing it in haters faces. Bozo!

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Lmao where in that post did you say it wasn't necessary for them to give him an extension while you rubbing it in haters faces. Bozo!

I have multiple other posts stating that I was not in favor of the NTC as it was bad for business and the franchise.  I have posted the same thing multiple times when he signed with NO.  I have never been a fan of a NTC for any player as it gives the player all the power.  

Go did up those posts!!!  They are there but I'll allow you to waste your time digging through thousands of my posts to find them LOL 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have multiple other posts stating that I was not in favor of the NTC as it was bad for business and the franchise.  I have posted the same thing multiple times when he signed with NO.  I have never been a fan of a NTC for any player as it gives the player all the power.  

Go did up those posts!!!  They are there but I'll allow you to waste your time digging through thousands of my posts to find them LOL 

That's called after the fact, after you jumped up and down about this regime extending him. LOL

14 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

That's called after the fact, after you jumped up and down about this regime extending him. LOL

Once again your comprehension is clearly lacking.  Of course I was not a fan of the NTC until "after the fact".  I could have never imagined that JM/DZ would ever have included such a thing in any contract for any player.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again your comprehension is clearly lacking.  Of course I was not a fan of the NTC "after the fact".  I could have never imagined that JM/DZ would ever have included such a thing in any contract for any player.  

My comprehension is fine, that's just you trying to save face. You celebrated the extension, you did not say you thought it wasn't necessary, you were happy about it. You only started bring up the NTC and saying an extension was unnecessary after Carr got dumped. 

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

My comprehension is fine, that's just you trying to save face. You celebrated the extension, you did not say you thought it wasn't necessary, you were happy about it. You only started bring up the NTC and saying an extension was unnecessary after Carr got dumped. 

I disagree with your comprehension being fine but thats a whole different topic.... Once again what you're stating is 100 percent false.   Go dig up the multiple posts where I state that I was not a fan of the NTC which were within the first month of Carr being extended and I was able to fully understand the contract. 

51 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Here's my thing I have no problem with a no trade clause I just had a problem with extending somebody that you weren't sure about. 

19 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Here's my thing I have no problem with a no trade clause I just had a problem with extending somebody that you weren't sure about. 

I am not a fan of the NTC but you're right.  Extending a player or multiple players (Carr, Waller, Renfrow) without knowing how they fit in the system is not wise unless their contracts are expiring. 

I was in favor of extending Carr at some point and once it was inked it showed me they were going be be locked in with Carr for at least two seasons and I was happy with because there was no QB upgrade in sight.  That never occurred and here we are with a downgrade at the QB who is still surrounded by one of the worst supporting casts in the NFL...  Let's just say it's going to be a long season!

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am not a fan of the NTC but you're right.  Extending a player or multiple players (Carr, Waller, Renfrow) without knowing how they fit in the system is not wise unless their contracts are expiring. 

I was in favor of extending Carr at some point and once it was inked it showed me they were going be be locked in with Carr for at least two seasons.  That never occurred and here we are with a downgrade at the QB who is still surrounded by one of the worst supporting casts in the NFL...  Let's just say it's going to be a long season!

Well that's more of my thing: you get rid of the Yannick Ngawuoe(who will say whatever you want to say about his ability to stop the run he's never had less than eight sacks in a season) to pay chandler Jones who turns out to be washed and then we draft somebody number seven overall

You pay Waller then you trade him. Then draft a TE in the second round(trading up to do so

You pay Renfrow then sign a receiver for almost as much as he's getting paid and draft a receiver in the third round(with the pick that you got from waller)

It just seems that they are plugging up holes that they create

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well that's more of my thing: you get rid of the Yannick Ngawuoe(who will say whatever you want to say about his ability to stop the run he's never had less than eight sacks in a season) to pay chandler Jones who turns out to be washed and then we draft somebody number seven overall

You pay Waller then you trade him. Then draft a TE in the second round(trading up to do so

You pay Renfrow then sign a receiver for almost as much as he's getting paid and draft a receiver in the third round(with the pick that you got from waller)

It just seems that they are plugging up holes that they create

No doubt YN can get after the QB and I liked him as a pass rusher but we most certainly needed a more well rounded, every down edge rusher.  Jones frightened me based on his age and potential regression but the year before he arrived here he showed he still had some juice with 41 tackles and 10.5 sacks.  That was clearly his last year of top production.  

They are absolutely plugging holes that they have created and is another reason why they are incompetent.