The bad and the ugly Buffalo edition

Totty

12 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Not really a Good/Bad/Ugly but just some observations after watching again:

Garoppolo - Some really nice pocket presence and movement, never looks panicky there but a couple of ill-advised throws seems to be the norm. He's limited and the defence knows it so they can play accordingly. 

Davante Adams - Imperious player, we're very lucky to have him.

Kolton Miller - I though he was decent, beautiful block for the TD and some great pass blocking too

Marcus Epps - Impressed with him, his strength isn't pass defence but he's a tempo setter and not afraid to put his body on the line.

Tyree Wilson - I watched a lot of snaps purely focused on him and I have to say, watching again he's getting better off the snap. Far from perfect and still a half second behind Crosby but he wasn't lagging by a yard or more this week. His first move is always a bull rush or long arm which is OK if he then combines it with something like a rip or spin or counter but he doesn't have that in his armoury yet. He needs time, experience and working out a pass rush plan with counters and if he can do that I think he'll be good.

Interior Dline - Nicholls looked slow out there, ineffective and though he fought through a few times with determination the play was already past him. Doesn't really look like a pass rushing threat and Tillery looked better to me as a pass rusher though he plays way high as always. Butler got blown up a couple times but chases and gives effort, Jenkins struggled I thought, didn't even hold the Point of Attack very well. Nobody really stood up inside, they all lost their matchups really and as feared they all look like backups to me or rotation players on other teams. It's still early and they can improve obviously but I'd be inclined to give Silvera some run time to get his feet wet. 

Divine Deablo - A real positive I thought, looked fast and physical and nice sack, he's improved and could be a long term player. All players struggled in coverage against an elite QB with little pass rush.

Jakorian Bennett - Outmatched really but he kept his head up and never gave in, he'll learn a lot from this game and wasn't helped at all by very passive pass rush. I think in college he's probably got away with being a bit loose in coverage and being able to use recovery speed but that will get found out in the NFL. Not giving up on him after only two games.

Run Blocking - We just simply got beaten up front on both sides of the ball, couple missed assignments but overall just got beat this week. 

I sware we think alike I’ll add

-spill for being a thumper he gets run over more times than he thumps. Tay ran over him plus Epps iirc on that td run. 

-van rotten I would’ve pulled him that was pathetic and vs his old team

-cbs and safeties playing lb is annoying we got ate up in the intermediate game 

-ignoring the defense and oline on draft day is haunting us

-tray should’ve been used more he just disappeared after 1st qtr

-offense can’t turn the ball over like that

-nice goaline stand by defense but other than that they looked over matched 

-maxx was kept quiet 

-interior dline gets no push except Jenkins. Wilson never gets doubled. But koonce and maxx do then the idl has win the 1v1 and we’re not doing that. 

-hope adams is ok that was illegal af

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Not really a Good/Bad/Ugly but just some observations after watching again:

Garoppolo - Some really nice pocket presence and movement, never looks panicky there but a couple of ill-advised throws seems to be the norm. He's limited and the defence knows it so they can play accordingly. 

Davante Adams - Imperious player, we're very lucky to have him.

Kolton Miller - I though he was decent, beautiful block for the TD and some great pass blocking too

Marcus Epps - Impressed with him, his strength isn't pass defence but he's a tempo setter and not afraid to put his body on the line.

Tyree Wilson - I watched a lot of snaps purely focused on him and I have to say, watching again he's getting better off the snap. Far from perfect and still a half second behind Crosby but he wasn't lagging by a yard or more this week. His first move is always a bull rush or long arm which is OK if he then combines it with something like a rip or spin or counter but he doesn't have that in his armoury yet. He needs time, experience and working out a pass rush plan with counters and if he can do that I think he'll be good.

Interior Dline - Nicholls looked slow out there, ineffective and though he fought through a few times with determination the play was already past him. Doesn't really look like a pass rushing threat and Tillery looked better to me as a pass rusher though he plays way high as always. Butler got blown up a couple times but chases and gives effort, Jenkins struggled I thought, didn't even hold the Point of Attack very well. Nobody really stood up inside, they all lost their matchups really and as feared they all look like backups to me or rotation players on other teams. It's still early and they can improve obviously but I'd be inclined to give Silvera some run time to get his feet wet. 

Divine Deablo - A real positive I thought, looked fast and physical and nice sack, he's improved and could be a long term player. All players struggled in coverage against an elite QB with little pass rush.

Jakorian Bennett - Outmatched really but he kept his head up and never gave in, he'll learn a lot from this game and wasn't helped at all by very passive pass rush. I think in college he's probably got away with being a bit loose in coverage and being able to use recovery speed but that will get found out in the NFL. Not giving up on him after only two games.

Run Blocking - We just simply got beaten up front on both sides of the ball, couple missed assignments but overall just got beat this week. 

Great observations. I'd agree with all of this. 

Bottom line, if they can't win on the Oline, it's going to be a long year. Good news, that's one of the best Dline's they will play this season. They need to establish the run to have any shot of the offense clicking. 

Dline, rinse/repeat. New names, same results. Might as well let the rookies develop as these vets are lackluster. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I sware we think alike I’ll add

-spill for being a thumper he gets run over more times than he thumps. Tay ran over him plus Epps iirc on that td run. 

-van rotten I would’ve pulled him that was pathetic and vs his old team

-cbs and safeties playing lb is annoying we got ate up in the intermediate game 

-ignoring the defense and oline on draft day is haunting us

-tray should’ve been used more he just disappeared after 1st qtr

-offense can’t turn the ball over like that

-nice goaline stand by defense but other than that they looked over matched 

-maxx was kept quiet 

-interior dline gets no push except Jenkins. Wilson never gets doubled. But koonce and maxx do then the idl has win the 1v1 and we’re not doing that. 

-hope adams is ok that was illegal af

Ah yes forgot to add the defensive stand at the 1 yard line was excellent but I think we go three and out after that and that’s really not good for a struggling D again, we needed to just keep the ball and take some momentum away there. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You're are so full of crap..... You were in here praising McDaniels saying Derek Carr was going to throw for 5000 yards with Devante. 

@raidr4life back me up here.  Oh.... and now you want to say you "wanted Mike McDaniels when he was unknown". Where did you ever post that? Stop trying to generate fake clout. 

Haha all lies but I expect nothing less from a JM shill like yourself.

I 100 percent said I wanted Mike McDaniel as a potential HC candidate well before he was on anyones radar and I never said Carr would throw for 5K.  You seriously crack me up and here we go again with the Carr stuff.  Carr is gone and playing for the Saints.  You need to move on with your life....

You're just bitter because you know this team is exactly what I said.  A 4ish win team with a below average Qb who played terribly in the 2nd half and has a bottom 3 D.  Aren't you the shill you was on here posting how great Jimmy G is and we are going to win 10 to 11 games.  It's truly remarkable how incompetent some people are and the best defense you have is to spew nonsense and lies...

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

57 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha all lies but I expect nothing less from a JM shill like yourself.

I 100 percent said I wanted Mike McDaniel as a potential HC candidate well before he was on anyones radar and I never said Carr would throw for 5K.  You seriously crack me up and here we go again with the Carr stuff.  Carr is gone and playing for the Saints.  You need to move on with your life....

You're just bitter because you know this team is exactly what I said.  A 4ish win team with a below average Qb who played terribly in the 2nd half and has a bottom 3 D.  Aren't you the shill you was on here posting how great Jimmy G is and we are going to win 10 to 11 games.  It's truly remarkable how incompetent some people are and the best defense you have is to spew nonsense and lies...

Prove the lies then. Oh wait, you can't because @raidr4life already posted your comments you tried to back track on. 

And no, I've said 7-9 games if all goes well. And I've wanted to rebuild with a young QB since 2018.

Edited by big_palooka

22 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I remember that. I remember Deangelo Hall got released later that season.

This serves as a reminder that the roster construction problems and drama go back further than the latest regime. It's a literal epidemic at this point. 

I honestly thought moving to Vegas, new stadium would breath new life into the franchise, but it certainly hasn't. 

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Prove the lies then. Oh wait, you can't because @raidr4life already posted your comments you tried to back track on. 

I have better things to do than to dig through years of post to find things I know I said.  If you're that intent on, "proving me wrong" waste your time digging through my posts attempting to find things that are not true.  You'll be digging forever because what you're claiming doesn't exist.  

What I do know is that your take on the Raiders and Jimmy G are totally incorrect.  You were on the Jimmy G hype train and have been jocking JM since day 1.  Yesterdays game was a complete embarrassment and like I have said from day 1 this is a 4ish win team.  Jimmy G is a below average Qb who has been propped up by playing with top D's every year of his career and this year he has a bottom 3 D.  Once he falls behind he is absolute trash just like we witnessed yesterday.  

You're soon going to have to accept reality and that is JM is not cut out to be a HC in the NFL.  The team is an embarrassment, is in shambles due to terrible asset management and poor coaching.  All of that cap space this offseason and JM/DZ neglected the D and Oline which is something I was pounding the table for since last offseason and it continuously gets neglected....  

No one is shocked by your terrible takes anymore as it’s quite apparent you have a well below average understanding of football and asset management. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

16 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

only good is we’re tied for 1st in afc west 

Idk, the schedule shakes out pretty well for getting rid of the malignancy that is Josh McDaniels by mid-November. 

That's a good thing. No wonky win that makes people think that charlatan's snake oil actually works. 

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

My cousin (a 49ers fan) mentioned Jimmy G's happy feet.  I kind of noticed it too.  We've only really zeroed in on him for two games, so I don't think we see the panic as well as 49ers fans would.  

https://x.com/1mde4/status/1703484598049726636?s=20

If you go to the link, you'll see a fan point it out and then you'll notice it in the video too.  He does panic when pressure is coming and make mistakes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have better things to do than to dig through years of post to find things I know I said.  If you're that intent on, "proving me wrong" waste your time digging through my posts attempting to find things that are not true.  You'll be digging forever because what you're claiming doesn't exist.  

It takes 2 seconds with the search function, but please keep acting like you didn't call McDaniels one of the greatest OCs in the game and that he and DZ were coming here because of Carr. Not only that, you said they need to give him an extension. Or are you conveniently forgetting that as well?

This you @Frankie2Gunz

I couldn't imagine calling myself a Raider fan, watching every game and being so off base and clueless as to the talent we have at the QB position.  It's not surprising as many people today lack the ability to comprehend what is staring them right in the face.  

You need to give up your ridiculous narrative as year after year you're proven wrong.  It must feel like **** knowing one of the top coaching candidates in the NFL is coming here because of the QB you are so adamant about moving on from.  JM and Zigler are not only coming here to build around Carr but will give him the extension he deserves.

How does it feel to be proven wrong once again?  It must suck taking such a ridged stance and being embarrassed every single offseason.  If this move doesn't only prove your ineptness to evaluate QB talent or talent in general, it shows that you're not only clueless but that you are unable to except reality and that reality is that Carr is a franchise QB who will be here for years to come.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jipivwsn38js3gsuz4

• Like 2