The bad and the ugly Buffalo edition

Totty

5 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

That is good news. What would it take from AOC for you to pass on one? If he gets the last 4 starts and balls out or something, would you pass on the draft QBOTF?

AOC would need to start more than 4 for me. 6-8 games, if he totally balled out and we go better than .500 in his games- which probably puts us out of the QB race anyway. With 4 games, he would have to do something unprecedented like 16+ total tds across the 4 games and no turnovers. 

I hate the idea of not giving him a "fair" shot, but sorry Aiden, this isn't the year to go that route. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

No no no no no. No criticism allowed! Trust the process. It's only year 2, week 2. You must celebrate the idea that is McDaniels' vision finally rounding into form now that he has "his guys", even if we lose the game. Isn't it clear how much more of a "team" we are now that that pencil-dicked pansy Carr is out of here? 

We got a dogg now though so we'll bounce back. It's all part of the process of a winning culture.

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

AOC would need to start more than 4 for me. 6-8 games, if he totally balled out and we go better than .500 in his games- which probably puts us out of the QB race anyway. With 4 games, he would have to do something unprecedented like 16+ total tds across the 4 games and no turnovers. 

I hate the idea of not giving him a "fair" shot, but sorry Aiden, this isn't the year to go that route. 

I agree with this. You take a QBOTF if you have the chance to. I wanted a QB in this last draft, but I’m not a QB evaluator and the top ones didn’t fall to us anyways. 

With the hype of this upcoming draft class, its got to be the plan. If Aiden is good, then you have a Brees/Rivers scenario and that’s a win. 

• Like 1

Some things can be true and false about the team at the same time

#1 the team is 1-1 after two games.

#2 this was a bad scheduling spot for the Raiders. Teams coming back from an a game in Denver is like 18% against the spread. 2nd road game of the season to start. Possibly the two most difficult stadiums to play at.

#3 we played KNEW Buffalo a super bowl contender would come on fire after losing week 1

#4 Jimmy G is a middle of the road QB. He has strengths and weaknesses like Carr. We just held on Carr FAR too long. I actually think we should consider trading Jimmy to the Jets especially if they offer a 1st. I don’t wanna punt on the season but there’s a chance that AOC is already a better option at QB going forward and we could win more games this year with him. We have to see if he’s a real guy because the next two seasons QB classes are stacked

#5 The defense is also middle of the road. We can’t grade them on that too harsh today. Bills can be a Offensive juggernaut. They’ll put up 30+ several more times this year. I like to see Nesta get some run

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The good: 2024 qb class is historic. 

The bad: everything on the field outside of adams

You know the worst part about this is I predict a lot of teams are going to be in the market for a QB this offseason.

• Cardinals are done with Murray
  • Falcons (Ridder is mediocre but their team is going to be decent this year and could be the perfect catalyst for them
  • Lions : Same spot as the Falcons, their team is getting better and is young, and they could be catapulted by a rookie franchise QB
  • Raiders
  • Rams: They need youth at QB
  • Vikings: Cousins is always mediocre to good. He's like a Carr. Teams have enough of him and think they can get better quite often
  • Giants: This is make or break year for Jones and thus far it looks like hes broken
  • Bears - I think this is Fields make or break year too
  • Steelers: If Picket plays as bad this season as last I can see them moving on
  • Bucs: Baker. Enough said.
  • Commanders. Howell and Brisset aren't long term viable. 

Sure, there may be 2-4 of these QB's that play well enough to keep their jobs going into 2024. But we could easily see 7-10 teams be ready to pounce on a great QB class when their current options are playing mediocre for the past 2+ years

• Like 1

#6 the run blocking needs to get going. Jacobs holdout was a bad decision by him. He’s rusty and not playing with the same burst as last season. No offseason, he’s basically at now where you should be in June. Saquan looks rusty too. We should bring back Damien Williams or even gasp..Alex Bars

#7 Brandon Facyson should help when he returns 

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

You know the worst part about this is I predict a lot of teams are going to be in the market for a QB this offseason.

• Falcons (Ridder is mediocre but their team is going to be decent this year and could be the perfect catalyst for them
  • Lions : Same spot as the Falcons, their team is getting better and is young, and they could be catapulted by a rookie franchise QB
  • Raiders
  • Vikings: Cousins is always mediocre to good. He's like a Carr. Teams have enough of him and think they can get better quite often
  • Giants: This is make or break year for Jones and thus far it looks like hes broken

Sure, there may be 2-4 of these QB's that play well enough to keep their jobs going into 2024. But we could easily see 7-10 teams be ready to pounce on a great QB class when their current options are playing mediocre. 

Baker played fairly well this season. I remember someone on here wanted Baker instead of Jimmy

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NickButera said:

• Raiders

Sure, there may be 2-4 of these QB's that play well enough to keep their jobs going into 2024. But we could easily see 7-10 teams be ready to pounce on a great QB class when their current options are playing mediocre for the past 2+ years

I disagree with the following:

Fields, Steelers, maybe (maybe) Lions.

Aside from that, yes, I definitely think those are teams in the need for a QB. Only thing is, I think we're picking top 7. The Rams are playing damn well right now, Bucs look decent and in a crappy division, Vikings will pick after us, Lions definitely are, arguably the Falcons will as well. Leaves us with the Giants, Cards, and Commanders picking before us and teams I feel will need a QB when the time comes. 

Obviously things will change as the season progresses but we also have to assume those teams might not necessarily go after a QB as well. It's likely they will but who knows. Marvin is looking like a generational talent and could be someone who takes a top pick. Others will be up there as well bc the class overall looks pretty damn good. I really think this '24 class could go down as one of the best. 

39 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Baker played fairly well this season. I remember someone on here wanted Baker instead of Jimmy

I would prefer Baker over Jimmy too, but let's be fair here: the Buccaneers are better than us. So there's no guarantee Baker would've worked here either. This goes with the narrative that a Quarterback is what would have helped this team. That's the wrong mentality to have.

Edited by Jeremy408

37 minutes ago, NickButera said:

• Raiders

No I don't disagree. If we can snag Kyler Murray for a good price (2nd or less), I would be happy with him as our QB as well.