The bad and the ugly Buffalo edition

Totty

41 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nobody has the answer for who that may be. 

However, it doesn't take a triple digit IQ to look at the body of work JMD and Zeigler offered prior to being hired, and then seeing 19 games worth of new work product, to realize that whoever the answer may ultimately be, it isn't Josh and Dave, and it never should have been attempted. There was zero justification for those two being the picks beyond "Look at all the shiny rings!"- a premise easily shot down a million times over on here. 

No matter what anyone says there's no justification for trading two first round picks for all pro player that's entering his 30s if you weren't prepared to win now... oh wait, they probably knew they weren't ready to draft.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TLO said:

Generally agree with this sentiment, and it did feel like everything was lining up for a game like today. Really need the win next week to set the tone for the rest of the year. 

That being said, given the last ~20 years, hard to not have a “here we go again” type of feeling right now. 

This is what I was kind of saying last week. Because what happens every year we play the Broncos week one is that we beat the Broncos and everybody's like. Super excited then wait to we get completely dogged and then everybody remembers. Oh yeah, this is been happening for like the last 12 years(minus that stint when Peyton Manning was chasing the Super Bowl ring). This is literally been happening since Josh McDaniels coach of the Broncos. Does anyone remember when we beat them 59-14 when Mcdaniels was their coach? That means regardless of how you feel about John Gruden or Gus Bradley or Mike Mayock or Paul gunther or Derek Carr or Damon Arnette or Clelin Ferrell or hue Jackson or Darrius Heyward bey we've been beating them(especially week one). 

Edited by Jeremy408

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

I worry about the rumors surrounding him. There's a lot of smoke around his pride, his work ethic, it's like he's not taking this job seriously nor like a professional. And I'm not talking about the contract provision, its the stuff that's come out after that that's confirmed the need for that provision. 

All of this. I want absolutely nothing to do with him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

No matter what anyone says there's no justification for trading two first round picks for all pro player that's entering his 30s if you weren't prepared to win now... oh wait, they probably knew they weren't ready to draft.

They claimed they were ready to win now and as much as I love Adams i was not a fan of the move because I didn't believe they were ready to contend.  Others disagreed but  here we are with an aging asset that has 1 elite year left in the tank on a team that will be winning 4ish games.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

They claimed they were ready to win now and as much as I love Adams i was not a fan of the move because I didn't believe they were ready to contend.  Others disagreed but  here we are with an aging asset that has 1 elite year left in the tank on a team that will be winning 4ish games.  

I think he has two or three but it's not gonna mean anything for us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well I hate to be that guy but rich bissacia went to the playoffs despite all of the things that you've mentioned. In that situation, I think you start by giving him a year to try and prove the prior year wasn't a fluke Carr. If they implode(like the majority of people on here, not including me, thought would happen) then the chances are, we would have an extremely high draft pick(probably somewhere in the realm of pick number four or higher) with the ability to draft a quarterback high and that's when you start looking head coach, GM combo but it would have to be one that does it already include either

A. A failed first time coach(based on actual record, not personal or popular opinion like Doug Peterson)

B. A coach from a field coaching or GM tree. 

Under this plan, the best case scenario would be that rich Bisaccia ends up showing out and proving that 2022 wasn't a fluke

The worst case scenario would be we end up with like Shane Steichen or someone like  that and we end up being the team that drafts a player like Anthony Richardson or so. 

If we're not talking about what we could've done instead of what we did and we're talking about going forward. I think that if we would have to look at how some of these teams coaching candidates are coming out like at the end of the year.

One could look at

-The Seahawks offensive coordinator

-Eric Bieniemy

-The Lions offensive coordinator

-The Vikings defensive coordinator

But these are just early guys. They could all have crappy seasons as coordinators so nothing is set in stone.

The other route is not hiring people as a package deal, and focusing on who is the best GM candidate first and foremost and then let them choose who is the head coach should be. 

Question with RIch was always, what does he bring on the table other than "he's a leader of men".
Don't get me wrong, I said that he deserves the chance to get the job.

But what are his "core-competencies"? He's been a special teams coordinator his whole NFL career. If he don't have a vision how the defense or the offense should look like, we would always be dependent on having a good DC and OC to succeed. That would be a too high risk for me tbh.

If we really fire JMD after this season, I'd finally want a HC who can build a fearsome defense OR Jim Harbaugh

7 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

We got some really bad breaks this game that made the score look worse than it was. But we were outclassed. Does anyone think we are Buffalo? 1-1 isn't the worst start, can we get a home game before we consider this season doomed? That said, gotta take care of Pittsburgh. That can be done.

Right, people already calling the season over after two road games where we split 1-1 in hostile environments.

You ask people during the schedule release several months ago, they would of took a split on the road as a win

Do you got to fix some things? Yes, many teams have to 

11 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

This is what I was kind of saying last week. Because what happens every year we play the Broncos week one is that we beat the Broncos and everybody's like. Super excited then wait to we get completely dogged and then everybody remembers. Oh yeah, this is been happening for like the last 12 years(minus that stint when Peyton Manning was chasing the Super Bowl ring). This is literally been happening since Josh McDaniels coach of the Broncos. Does anyone remember when we beat them 59-14 when Mcdaniels was their coach? That means regardless of how you feel about John Gruden or Gus Bradley or Mike Mayock or Paul gunther or Derek Carr or Damon Arnette or Clelin Ferrell or hue Jackson or Darrius Heyward bey we've been beating them(especially week one). 

Only week 1 I remember against the Broncos is Eddie Royal shredding newly acquired Deangelo Hall. 

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're are so full of crap..... You were in here praising McDaniels saying Derek Carr was going to throw for 5000 yards with Devante. 

@raidr4life back me up here.  Oh.... and now you want to say you "wanted Mike McDaniels when he was unknown". Where did you ever post that? Stop trying to generate fake clout. 

• Like 2

Not really a Good/Bad/Ugly but just some observations after watching again:

Garoppolo - Some really nice pocket presence and movement, never looks panicky there but a couple of ill-advised throws seems to be the norm. He's limited and the defence knows it so they can play accordingly. 

Davante Adams - Imperious player, we're very lucky to have him.

Kolton Miller - I though he was decent, beautiful block for the TD and some great pass blocking too

Marcus Epps - Impressed with him, his strength isn't pass defence but he's a tempo setter and not afraid to put his body on the line.

Tyree Wilson - I watched a lot of snaps purely focused on him and I have to say, watching again he's getting better off the snap. Far from perfect and still a half second behind Crosby but he wasn't lagging by a yard or more this week. His first move is always a bull rush or long arm which is OK if he then combines it with something like a rip or spin or counter but he doesn't have that in his armoury yet. He needs time, experience and working out a pass rush plan with counters and if he can do that I think he'll be good.

Interior Dline - Nicholls looked slow out there, ineffective and though he fought through a few times with determination the play was already past him. Doesn't really look like a pass rushing threat and Tillery looked better to me as a pass rusher though he plays way high as always. Butler got blown up a couple times but chases and gives effort, Jenkins struggled I thought, didn't even hold the Point of Attack very well. Nobody really stood up inside, they all lost their matchups really and as feared they all look like backups to me or rotation players on other teams. It's still early and they can improve obviously but I'd be inclined to give Silvera some run time to get his feet wet. 

Divine Deablo - A real positive I thought, looked fast and physical and nice sack, he's improved and could be a long term player. All players struggled in coverage against an elite QB with little pass rush.

Jakorian Bennett - Outmatched really but he kept his head up and never gave in, he'll learn a lot from this game and wasn't helped at all by very passive pass rush. I think in college he's probably got away with being a bit loose in coverage and being able to use recovery speed but that will get found out in the NFL. Not giving up on him after only two games.

Run Blocking - We just simply got beaten up front on both sides of the ball, couple missed assignments but overall just got beat this week. 

• Like 6