The bad and the ugly Buffalo edition

Totty

11 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

judging by the bold, I dont believe you understand what the word guaranteed means, and that makes this conversation pointless. 
when something is guaranteed, there is no conditionals to follow. 

so ill see myself out, and say go Raiders!

lets beat the steelers. 

Yeah see yourself out since you don't know that 90M over 2years is more than 60M over 2 years.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yikes, such a jump in pay. 
the NTC was very silly, cause it was very unlikely hed play up to that standard year 1 lol
He locked in more gtd money tho, so tough to say took a cut, but semantics 

lol 2 pages of back and forth because i said he locked in more money. 
after I originally said its semantics lol AKA depending on how you look at it. 

God I just want the Raiders to be good again

24 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

It’s essentially a bird in the hand or two in the bush situation. He made out fine and the Raiders will have that money available minus the 6 mill in dead cash this year. Wins across the board. 

Facts. We are in position next season to spend heavy in FA. Dead cap from Gruden years + if we don’t bring back Jimmy could equal a nice bonanza 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think DZ is safe no matter the result . I don’t see any available hotshot coach out there that would bring in his own GM

JMD would almost most certainly be gone before DZ

Depending on who they hire I would think. Say Michigan disappoints this year and they go Harbaugh, it would most certainly be a new GM. I think it’s just all hire dependent. 

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Facts. We are in position next season to spend heavy in FA. Dead cap from Gruden years + if we don’t bring back Jimmy could equal a nice bonanza 

We thought the same thing this year too and we all came away underwhelmed at what we spent it all on. I'm still not sure how we burned through all that cap space this year without any stars or big names added to the mix. 

I agree with Floyd, perhaps with a new coach we make splashes. But I think we got a glimpse of what life is like with JMC and Zeigler. The money is going to be spent evenly across players as they try to bring up the bottom level talent of the team and create depth and competition. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think DZ is safe no matter the result . I don’t see any available hotshot coach out there that would bring in his own GM

JMD would almost most certainly be gone before DZ

I don’t know, maybe. If you fire Josh then you limit your HC options or end up with the lame duck GM who will be gone in a year. Seems like what the Broncos are doing. Was what we could have done with Mayock and no one wanted that. Maybe if Zeigler had some major success and it was clear between talent and coaching who was to blame, but I think both need more time.

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Moving on from Carr with no backup plan in place was downright foolish and is one of many reasons JM will get canned.  They extended Carr, included a NTC then a year later cut bait with nothing in return and incurred a 6M cap hit all to downgrade the position which is completely incompetent.

It wasn't incompetence. It was a miss. He wasn't going to play on the current contract. They extended him, he regressed. Both sides take accountability for the divorce. They couldn't pay elite money for an average QB. If Carr didn't regress, he's here today. 

I was not a fan of replacing average with average with Jimmy G. It keeps them firmly in the middle. I agree with you here. But the "having a backup plan in place" is a nice thought, but rarely works in practice. You have to draft one, that should have happened years ago instead of rolling with average year after year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You have to draft one, that should have happened years ago instead of rolling with average year after year.

This x10000. We should have been drafting QB's every year. Truly investing in the position. Best player on the board in the second is QB? Take it. In hind sight, we couldn't have drafted any worse than we have 

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

This x10000. We should have been drafting QB's every year. Truly investing in the position. Best player on the board in the second is QB? Take it. In hind sight, we couldn't have drafted any worse than we have 

That, or traded Carr when the price was high and went all in on "your guy"

I wanted Allen, but doubt he'd have developed the same in Vegas. Then Herbert in 2020. Would have sold out for either at the time.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

That, or traded Carr when the price was high and went all in on "your guy"

I wanted Allen, but doubt he'd have developed the same in Vegas. Then Herbert in 2020. Would have sold out for either at the time.

Yea, back when it was rumored that were were offered that huge draft comp from the colts, I was sad we didn't take it. And I was pro-Carr. Multiple firsts would have really come in handy recently.  The only reason I thought it was ok to move on is if we were drafting a possible franchise replacement. Or Rodgers. 

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

100 percent false.  I have posted many times that I was all for extending Carr, however I didn't agree with extending him with one year remaining on his old contract, paying him more money in 2022 than was originally due on his old contract and including a NTC.  Those are indisputable facts regardless of the nonsense and lies you spew on here...

I did say they would come in and extend Carr, which they did and proved me to be right.  I couldn't have imagined the level of incompetence that JM and DZ would exhibit by extending him and cutting bait after one year only to receive nothing in compensation for an asset.   That is terrible business and a fireable offense in itself.  

Why is this all so hard for you to grasp?  

The only one telling lies is you and its been posted several times. You want everybody to believe that when you was rubbing it in when this regime resigned Carr that you said wait a minute I don't think that's necessary. Lol Bull Roar!