Raiders extend QB Derek Carr 3 years 121.5 Million

agarcia34

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

But 2022 has nothing to do with the extension. I’m saying the extension is 40M average per season over the 3 year contract of 2023, 2024, 2025. 

The way you are saying it is also technically correct but it’s like snakeoil salesmen marketing. 2022 has nothing to do with the extension and nothing to do with his average cap hit during the three year extension.

Let it go

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

What is 650 yards and PR skills worth?  We could probably replace that production in next years draft TBH.  Luckily I have no actual say when it comes to what happens with Renfrow.

Actually the next Renfrow is in this years draft. Kyle Phillips UCLA

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Let it go

Exactly.  Fans can bash the move all they want but those fans have been missing the big picture regarding Carr for years.  They're fuming because Ziegler and JM view Carr the same way that I do.  Do you know how I know this?  They just locked him up to an extension which includes a no trade clause that guarantees he will be in Vegas at least until he is 35.  Some people are not only clueless and are continuously proven wrong, they also refuse to admit they are wrong, which I find comical.  

It has been quite obvious to anyone with a trained eye that Carr is a top 10 NFL QB who has been held back by terrible coaching/GM's, one of the worst D's in the NFL and atrocious weapons on O.  What is so obvious to some is blind to others.  All of this is quite clear to our new GM and HC combo but there are pages and pages of average fans on here who have been wanting to move on from Carr for years.  I knew he would never be traded as I also know what his value is around NFL circles.  That value was reinforced today with his new deal. 

I am just happy our new HC/GM combo knows what they are doing.  They have proven it but assembling our best roster in 20 years with one offseason and by locking up Carr who is a heck of a QB that bleeds Silver and Black!  The next 4 years at a 35M is not a bad deal for a franchise QB.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they finagle something to do with our post June cap space in order to bring down the cap hit in future years.

Yeah…. That’s what I’ve been thinking snd saying.  If we signed him prior to 6/1 I thought we’d restructure the deal just after 6/1 and convert future year salaries into a signing bonus this year.  We’re not going to spend another 20m plus what we got now post 6/1 so might as well take 15m or so of it and absorb some of it This year.  

41 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly.  Fans can bash the move all they want but those fans have been missing the big picture regarding Carr for years.  They're fuming because Ziegler and JM view Carr the same way that I do.  Do you know how I know this?  They just locked him up to an extension which includes a no trade clause that guarantees he will be in Vegas at least until he is 35.  Some people are not only clueless and are continuously proven wrong, they also refuse to admit they are wrong, which I find comical.  

It has been quite obvious to anyone with a trained eye that Carr is a top 10 NFL QB who has been held back by terrible coaching/GM's, one of the worst D's in the NFL and atrocious weapons on O.  What is so obvious to some is blind to others.  All of this is quite clear to our new GM and HC combo but there are pages and pages of average fans on here who have been wanting to move on from Carr for years.  I knew he would never be traded as I also know what his value is around NFL circles.  That value was reinforced today with his new deal. 

I am just happy our new HC/GM combo knows what they are doing.  They have proven it but assembling our best roster in 20 years with one offseason and by locking up Carr who is a heck of a QB that bleeds Silver and Black!  The next 4 years at a 35M is not a bad deal for a franchise QB.  

Half of our fan base wanted him traded after the Broncos got Russ and we didn't sign anyone early in free agency, lol.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Half of our fan base wanted him traded after the Broncos got Russ and we didn't sign anyone early in free agency, lol.

What is crazy is I would ask those same fans if we did move on from Carr like they wanted what viable option do they have as an upgrade...  their response was either nonsense or crickets. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Why on gods earth would Foster get a big extension, lol. I just pray to god we don't lose Waller but in fairness Foster/Hunter are on expiring deals.

They are really close I’d even go out on a limb and say foster is closer to carr than waller. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

No excuses?

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What does that even mean without context?  What is your "no excuse" baseline for the success of Carr and the team?  

He means nothing will ever be perfect but things are as good as a QB can get going into 2022 that he wants to hear Carr has no excuses from his biggest fans.

However, it will never stop. If Carr faulters in 2022 it will be because of a "Bad OL" or "Bad playcalling". What he means is nothing is ever Carr's fault according to Carr's biggest fans (not all his fans, just his biggest ones like yourself). 

Carr has no excuses. Sure, the OL might be pretty below average this year, but you can't have a perfect offense, it's just not going to happen. He has the #1 WR in the NFL, a Top 3 Slot WR in the NFL, a Top 3 TE in the NFL, a Top 5 Offensive Mind in the NFL, A Top 15 RB, and a pretty solid RB in Drake. 

This is as good as it gets. 

However, it will be "OL is bad, need to fix it!!"

Then the OL will be fixed for 2023, and Renfrow leaves, and the new excuse is "Carr needs at least 3 good pass catching options!!!"

The excuses literally do never end. There should be zero this year, even with a below average OL. No such thing as a perfect offense. He has more than 90% of QB's.