Raiders extend QB Derek Carr 3 years 121.5 Million

agarcia34

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

DC is the quarterback here until he's 40. Deal with it

Definitely.  He's going to play here forever.  I'm really looking forward to the next 9+ years of us arguing about whether or not we should find a way to move on from DC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Well I mean he is technically under contract for 4 years with an overall of 140 million.  So technically for the next 4 years he is averaging 35 million per season.

But yeah the extension is 120M for 3 years.  Still happy with the contract.  Like I said before, by the time he's paid for these 4 years, there will be a QB getting a 60 million per season extension around that time.

But 2022 has nothing to do with the extension. I’m saying the extension is 40M average per season over the 3 year contract of 2023, 2024, 2025. 

The way you are saying it is also technically correct but it’s like snakeoil salesmen marketing. 2022 has nothing to do with the extension and nothing to do with his average cap hit during the three year extension.

22 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't think anyone believes he is getting 20+ per season.  I think we all know he is worth about 12-15M per season easily.  Dude produces, dude is clutch, has more nicknames under his belt than most teams in the NFL.  A 48 year old, 4.6 40 yard dash, destroyer of 3rd downs.  The Chargers will have to relive that tackle by Renfrow on that punting play for the next 10 years at least.  I'm looking forward to Renfrow being enshrined in the hall of very good, because he is.

The way everyone refers to Renfrow's extension is like he's going to be one of the highest paid WR's in the league. He was very good last season but he also got an ungodly amount of targets due to necessity. I do not expect him to produce even remotely close to what he did last season assuming that Waller/Adams both stay healthy this year. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

But 2022 has nothing to do with the extension. I’m saying the extension is 40M average per season over the 3 year contract of 2023, 2024, 2025. 

The way you are saying it is also technically correct but it’s like snakeoil salesmen marketing. 2022 has nothing to do with the extension and nothing to do with his average cap hit during the three year extension.

I know.  I agree.  Call me Mr. Snakeoil Salesman. 

I do disagree with the part where you say 2022 has nothing to do with the extension.  2022 may have been affected by his extension.  It possibly freed up cap space which could help us sign/extend another player or two.

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Definitely.  He's going to play here forever.  I'm really looking forward to the next 9+ years of us arguing about whether or not we should find a way to move on from DC.

No point to debate anymore, he has a no trade clause. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jerry said:

I know.  I agree.  Call me Mr. Snakeoil Salesman. 

I do disagree with the part where you say 2022 has nothing to do with the extension.  2022 may have been affected by his extension.  It possibly freed up cap space which could help us sign/extend another player or two.

I thought that it bumped up his cap number by $5M?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think this is why players hire agents.
This contract has a lot to do with 2022. 
Carr would be very dumb to play this year without an extension. . . so that alone, discredits youre first point. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The way everyone refers to Renfrow's extension is like he's going to be one of the highest paid WR's in the league. He was very good last season but he also got an ungodly amount of targets due to necessity. I do not expect him to produce even remotely close to what he did last season assuming that Waller/Adams both stay healthy this year. 

I haven't been on this forum enough recently to see others saying that he will be one of the highest paid WRs in the league.  I personally think he is worth 12-15M per season, but I agree with what you are saying and could see him having to take less due to the fact that he had a "down year" playing next to Adams and Waller.

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

Carr would be very dumb to play this year without an extension. . . so that alone, discredits youre first point. 

I was told that we were going to force him to be loyal, play without an extension, and then he was going to take a super team friendly deal, lol.

Just now, Jerry said:

I haven't been on this forum enough recently to see others saying that he will be one of the highest paid WRs in the league.  I personally think he is worth 12-15M per season, but I agree with what you are saying and could see him having to take less due to the fact that he had a "down year" playing next to Adams and Waller.

He averaged like 650 yards his first two seasons though.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I thought that it bumped up his cap number by $5M?

Yeah I don't know how any of this works.  I just read Twitter and have blind faith in everything I read.  Hopefully somehow we figured out how to manipulate the cap like the Rams do and we somehow obtain more cap space to sign players.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

I was told that we were going to force him to be loyal, play without an extension, and then he was going to take a super team friendly deal, lol.

And that wouldve been dumb on Carrs part. Which he may have done without an agent. I have no idea. . . which goes back to my first point, 
That is why players have agents haha

This situation is gold. Think about what other QBs have done. 2022 has everything to do with it. He could have held out and demanded 40-45 mil per every year remaining. He could have demanded a fully guaranteed deal in light of Watsons deal. He could have asked for lots. We also know the average total monies but not how much effects the annual cap,is it in bonuses and amortized, how much is in incentives, etc. This looks to be super team friendly co.pared to what it could have been. If you're complaining, you're really just nitpicking. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I legit was one of the posters that was hoping he'd take 25M like Tom Brady so we could build a super team like the Bucs did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

This situation is gold. Think about what other QBs have done. 2022 has everything to do with it. He could have held out and demanded 40-45 mil per every year remaining. He could have demanded a fully guaranteed deal in light of Watsons deal. He could have asked for lots. We also know the average total monies but not how much effects the annual cap,is it in bonuses and amortized, how much is in incentives, etc. This looks to be super team friendly co.pared to what it could have been. If you're complaining, you're really just nitpicking. 

The only QB's paid more are significantly better than him though.