Raiders extend QB Derek Carr 3 years 121.5 Million

agarcia34

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I have no issues with it. I trusted McDaniels and company from the get go and will trust them on this. Just have to see if they were crafty enough with the contract so it frees up cap space this year 

Sounds like a three year extension to this year, meaning his 2022 numbers would be unaffected?

Said this in the News section, but I’m happy we’ve got him locked down, albeit for a slightly higher amount than is ideal. Will wait for the details as the initial figures never tell the real story with these contracts.

18 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Sounds like a three year extension to this year, meaning his 2022 numbers would be unaffected?

Said this in the News section, but I’m happy we’ve got him locked down, albeit for a slightly higher amount than is ideal. Will wait for the details as the initial figures never tell the real story with these contracts.

Really depends tbh I seen situations where extensions actually lowered a players cap number for the current year so just have to wait and see. High signing bonus means lower cap number this year. It’s how the Rams have been able to do things. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1