Raiders extend QB Derek Carr 3 years 121.5 Million

agarcia34

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He averaged like 650 yards his first two seasons though.

What is 650 yards and PR skills worth?  We could probably replace that production in next years draft TBH.  Luckily I have no actual say when it comes to what happens with Renfrow.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I legit was one of the posters that was hoping he'd take 25M like Tom Brady so we could build a super team like the Bucs did.

Hopefully it's structured in a way that allows us to keep Darren Waller, I honestly have my doubts he's here next season though.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Hopefully it's structured in a way that allows us to keep Darren Waller, I honestly have my doubts he's here next season though.

We need to cheat off of the Rams homework and find some extra cap space to keep Waller.  Dude is a force on the field.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

What is 650 yards and PR skills worth?  We could probably replace that production in next years draft TBH.  Luckily I have no actual say when it comes to what happens with Renfrow.

Tyler Boyd has basically been a more productive Renfrow and got 4 yr/$43M.

Just now, Jerry said:

We need to cheat off of the Rams homework and find some extra cap space to keep Waller.  Dude is a force on the field.

We need to prioritize him and just rework his deal, he still has 2 yr/$14M but none of it's guaranteed. Add an extra year and bring it up to 3 yr/$42M.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Read on Twitter that this should open up some cap space for sure.  I saw DC said he wanted to make sure there was cap leftover to sign his guys (probably referring to Renfrow, Waller).

That would be great and what I expect from Carr. Hope we get it done

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

You do not want the Rams style.  They are essentially NO's lite when it comes to the cap.  They are are not the norm for winning the SB and if they would have not they would have been seen as a colossal failure.  I think McVay is gone after next year and all the retirement talk with him and Donald was just to setup their exit next year when the Rams are screwed with the cap.  Without Donald that team does get to the SB and they have very little room even after he leaves.  So they better hope they find another incridible deal in the draft.  Never mind they have no draft picks.  They got their championship and have a shot at another one but after Donald is gone they just have an overpriced roster.

13 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You do not want the Rams style.  They are essentially NO's lite when it comes to the cap.  They are are not the norm for winning the SB and if they would have not they would have been seen as a colossal failure.  I think McVay is gone after next year and all the retirement talk with him and Donald was just to setup their exit next year when the Rams are screwed with the cap.  Without Donald that team does get to the SB and they have very little room even after he leaves.  So they better hope they find another incridible deal in the draft.  Never mind they have no draft picks.  They got their championship and have a shot at another one but after Donald is gone they just have an overpriced roster.

I would definitely take 5 straight winning seasons, 2 Super Bowls, and 1 Super Bowl, lol. I think if you removed the best player from most teams they'd be significantly worse. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Read on Twitter that this should open up some cap space for sure.  I saw DC said he wanted to make sure there was cap leftover to sign his guys (probably referring to Renfrow, Waller).

In the press conf first 1st time he just mentioned foster and hunter 

2nd time they asked he included waller….

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

In the press conf first 1st time he just mentioned foster and hunter 

2nd time they asked he included waller….

Why on gods earth would Foster get a big extension, lol. I just pray to god we don't lose Waller but in fairness Foster/Hunter are on expiring deals.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I would definitely take 5 straight winning seasons, 2 Super Bowls, and 1 Super Bowl, lol. I think if you removed the best player from most teams they'd be significantly worse. 

He is not just the best player on that team.  He is the best player in the league and came through for them every time they needed it.  They were also 1 fair catch on an int away from not making the SB.  They completely mortgage the future of the team to get that SB and should not have even made it there.  It is just a different philosophy  then I would use.  If RM and Gruden even had the slightest idea on how to draft we would have been in the playoffs almost every year since 2016.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

He is not just the best player on that team.  He is the best player in the league and came through for them every time they needed it.  They were also 1 fair catch on an int away from not making the SB.  They completely mortgage the future of the team to get that SB and should not have even made it there.  It is just a different philosophy  then I would use.  If RM and Gruden even had the slightest idea on how to draft we would have been in the playoffs almost every year since 2016.

Football is a game of inches, you can change like 4-5 plays from our season and we would've had a losing record, lol. 

The philosophy that Ziegler/McDaniels are using is pretty similar to what the Rams do, we just traded away premium picks and spent a ton of money on a few players. 

They still draft well despite not having premium picks, look at how many guys they've lost in free agency.

• Like 1