Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

It really is amazing we are scoring like this with practically zero contribution from running game and Pollard….

i still have my concerns as our OL has really struggled a lot in protection and with out a clear running game our goal to goal O is less then stellar. 
But frankly this team will go as far as our D can take it.   We are not going far in the playoffs if our D struggles to get three and outs or even keep teams from flipping the field and forcing our O to drive 80 plus every time

Edited by quiller

On 12/1/2023 at 11:32 PM, quiller said:

It really is amazing we are scoring like this with practically zero contribution from running game and Pollard….

League-wide average per attempt:

Pass - 7.0 yards   
Run - 4.2 yards

Shouldn’t be shocking that a highly effective offense is relying on its passing game. For even the average offense, it’s 66% more efficient. 

Todd Archer article on Jake Ferguson today had a couple interesting nuggets.

-Apparently the rookie grind really wore Ferguson down, and he lost a lot of weight, down to 240lbs. So I guess the Cowboys really were not confident that Ferguson would become this guy.

-We almost signed Robert Tonyan in the offseason. That hurts. For $3M, we could’ve spent our 2nd round pick on someone other than Schoonmaker and draft someone who would’ve had a real impact.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

In a redraft of all NFL tight ends, what pick does Jake Ferguson go? I say 7 or 8.

Hockenson, La Porta, Kincaid, and McBride are yeses.

I think Pitts and Mayer would still be viewed as high enough potential, but not guys like Dulcich, Musgrave, or Woods.

Talent/age matrix still in Mark Andrews favor, but not Kelce’s, Kittle’s, or Goedert’s.

And ultimately I think guys like Freiermouth and Kmet would be viewed below Fergy.

On 12/5/2023 at 3:50 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We almost signed Robert Tonyan in the offseason. That hurts. For $3M, we could’ve spent our 2nd round pick on someone other than Schoonmaker and draft someone who would’ve had a real impact.

Don’t think this excuses the decision. Hendershot showed enough to be an adequate TE2, imo. Though I don’t recall the extent of his injury off the top of my head.

Think we can break the Dallas record for 1st Team All-Pro honors? The current Cowboy record is 2016 with 5 (Zeke, Tyron, ZM, Frederick, and Sean Lee)

I think we have 4 virtual locks: Micah, Bland, Aubrey, CeeDee

Dak has a good chance, but probably comes down to whether he wins MVP.

And then the OL could have up to 3. Tyron (Trent Williams will be hard for him to edge out) and Tyler deserve it, but could be snubbed. Zach Martin probably doesn’t deserve it, but his reputation precedes him. I think we’ll get at least one from this group.

You also might not be able to rule out Sam Williams as a special teamer. Probably unlikely, but he has a splash reel few can match.

I’d place the over/under at 5.5

Well right now for sure we should get 5 even 6.  But some of Bland Lamb and Aubrey are not a lock at this point.    I would like to think they are. It also is extremely hard for a newcomer rook to win the kicking tittle over an established vet.  Dak also has TWO games to play at environments he has historically struggled.  This week Buffalo and season ending Washington both cold weather games.   That is why in another post I noted to me this weeks game and season ended were harder tests for Dallas then the Philly game or even the Miami game.  And I should note that Miami in a lot of eyes has a better secondary group than we do.