Week-To-Week Random Tidbits

D82

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m quite certain Dak would get hate on this forum the day after winning a Super Bowl. “Yeah, but it was just the Ravens, call me when he beats Patrick Mahomes in a Super Bowl. I wouldn’t re-sign him.”

From some members? Absolutely. 

13 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

I never said "he's a bad QB." I just need to see him, and this team, do one thing in a big game against a quality opponent, play with POISE. 

He plays rattled in big moments against better teams.

The talent is there, no question.

But he's got to show it under pressure. So does this team. That means, no stupid penalties when the game is on the line, dont take a 15 yard sack when you can throw it away keeping the ball inside the red Zone, no turnovers, don't give up a big play when it's 2nd or 3rd and 23, make the damn FG or Extra Point when it's a close game.

That's what will put this team over the hump.

While I agree the last two SF playoff games leave a lot of questions but too continue to ignore the GB playoff games where he was good the Rams game and more recently the TB playoff game just amazes me. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, quiller said:

While I agree the last two SF playoff games leave a lot of questions but too continue to ignore the GB playoff games where he was good the Rams game and more recently the TB playoff game just amazes me. 

He retired Brady. That's a heckuva accomplishment. 

Hey, I’ll give credit where credit is due… this is probably the best stretch of games I have ever seen Dak play.  Don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen Dak put up big stats before against terrible teams.  I’ve grown to expect that.  But he played well enough to beat the eagles on the road.  He’s back to running with the ball which he hasn’t really down since he broke his leg.  Of course I want to see him continue to play at this level against eagles, lions, dolphins and bills.  

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Hey, I’ll give credit where credit is due… this is probably the best stretch of games I have ever seen Dak play.  Don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen Dak put up big stats before against terrible teams.  I’ve grown to expect that.  But he played well enough to beat the eagles on the road.  He’s back to running with the ball which he hasn’t really down since he broke his leg.  Of course I want to see him continue to play at this level against eagles, lions, dolphins and bills.  

We all want to see that , but more importantly, we need to see  a high level of play from the offense, defense , and special teams come playoffs 

1 hour ago, PincheJimmy said:

We all want to see that , but more importantly, we need to see  a high level of play from the offense, defense , and special teams come playoffs 

Exactly. Look, I lived in Philly and with the exception of the Iggles, I support Philly teams. 

When the 76ers played LA years ago and AI won MVP, coach Brown won Coach of the year, etc, etc, it was nice, well deserved, but dammit we wanted the frickin title!!!

If all you care about is justifying drafting Dak Prescott and extending his contract, then YES, he's well on his way to that. Good for Dak Prescott. He will get more endorsements, make more money and yeahhhhh Dak!!!

But that does absolutely **** for me as a Cowboy fan! It will be another year, creeping up on 30, before I see them win a title again.

I really dont think people born after 1995 understand the perennial joy Cowboy fans experienced from the 70s to the mid 90s. There was a lull in the mid 80s but it was more than made up for in the early 90s.

I just want to see this team at that level again. For Pete's sake, my niece is 24 and getting married and had NOT ever known this franchise to be anything but losers!

That's what I, and many others on here are saying when it comes to Dak Prescott.

Win the big game or at least get us there!

Edited by Rtnldave

10 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Exactly. Look, I lived in Philly and with the exception of the Iggles, I support Philly teams. 

When the 76ers played LA years ago and AI won MVP, coach Brown won Coach of the year, etc, etc, it was nice, well deserved, but dammit we wanted the frickin title!!!

If all you care about is justifying drafting Dak Prescott and extending his contract, then YES, he's well on his way to that. Good for Dak Prescott. He will get more endorsements, make more money and yeahhhhh Dak!!!

But that does absolutely **** for me as a Cowboy fan! It will be another year, creeping up on 30, before I see them win a title again.

I really dont think people born after 1995 understand the perennial joy Cowboy fans experienced from the 70s to the mid 90s. There was a lull in the mid 80s but it was more than made up for in the early 90s.

I just want to see this team at that level again. For Pete's sake, my niece is 24 and getting married and had NOT ever known this franchise to be anything but losers!

That's what I, and many others on here are saying when it comes to Dak Prescott.

Win the big game or at least get us there!

I don’t look at it like oh cool Dak is getting all these stats.   Instead I always look at it like-See what Dak can do NOW can the coaches OL WR help him do that when it counts. We got that in the TB game and to a lessor degree in the past Philly games but have not in the three Sf games. 

Edited by quiller