Week 2 MNF GDT #2: Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers

candyman93

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Browns
    • Steelers

11 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Kinda wild that in all those years of tremendous Steelers defenses...TJ Watt is already the all time sack leader.  Still going strong too.

A lot of that is i guess, kind of biased toward the passing league it's become and the sheer number of dropbacks to potentially net a sack.  But still kinda crazy to me.

Nah, he's just a flatout better pass rusher than James Harrison, Joey Porter, Jason Gildon, LaMarr Woodley, et all. And Kevin Green only played a year for us.

7 minutes ago, Duluther said:

I lost hope Romo would ever return to form when his response to criticism was, "You can't make everyone happy." He's content doing enough last-minute homework that lasts but the pregame speech, and then just guessing plays the rest of the game. 

Yeah.  He's not a good broadcaster and has a lot of faults there.  But the "guessing plays" schtick is just the real icing on the cake.  It's so annoying.

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

So weird because i like romo a lot the first year or so, but now hes bad.

I think when Romo first broke in, he was a bit of a novelty.  He was pretty well received because he was...different.  He was doing something unique, which seemed like a breath of fresh air to a lot of people.  The problem is...he never evolved from that whatsoever, and if anything...has actually regressed.  He hasn't seemed to ever actually take it seriously as a craft.  It's all just a big joke to him, like he's sitting on the couch talking condescendingly to a captive audience over the game.  Self-satisfied thinking he's the smartest, funniest guy in the room.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Nah, he's just a flatout better pass rusher than James Harrison, Joey Porter, Jason Gildon, LaMarr Woodley, et all. And Kevin Green only played a year for us.

Harrison? He was the best edge rusher in the NFL I've seen (in his prime). That's high praise.

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Greg Olsen is the best announcer out there. Sadly, he'll probably go the way of Romo in a year or two, especially when he gets moved to the #2 team on Fox for Brady next year.

Yeah.  I love Olsen commentary.  Even for stuff like the draft combine, when he speaks, i really want to listen.  He manages to be insightful without being condescending or sensationalist.

But yeah...that's probably seen as somewhat of a negative by the networks.  Even-keeled and thoughtful isn't necessarily what they're angling for.

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

He does the Romo thing, but not in a condenscending way and not too much. He also breaks it down into Xs and Os for the layman to understand.

Yeah.  Olsen has a knack for actually explaining what he's talking about.  Rather than just flashing a bunch of throwaway jargon to make himself look smart.

• Like 1