The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So we run it back with Sam with no fallback option?

Don’t worry, Nate Sudfeld was one of Goff’s back ups & he’s a free agent! I’m sure Ben Johnson would ask Adam Peters to have him as Sam Howell’s back up.

It’s hard to envision Jacoby Brissett re-signing here bc he’s not likely to have a chance to start & if that’s going to be the case anywhere, I’m sure he’d go to a playoff contending team.

😂

Edited by turtle28

54 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So we run it back with Sam with no fallback option?

I mean, you don't HAVE to draft a QB to improve your QB room. I know that people are very fixated on drafting one of these overrated prospects, but if you pair this draft with a solid FA haul, maybe a DE or two, a QB (like Brissett, Cousins, Mayfield, Winston, or Wilson), and as much back 7 help as possible for the D, then we are talking about a much more competitive team.

47 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If we trade down it better not be for a TE.

Actually it would be for the TE, a starting G, a do-it-all safety and a 1st and 2nd round pick next year. 

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Don’t worry, Nate Sudfeld was one of Goff’s back ups & he’s a free agent! I’m sure Ben Johnson would ask Adam Peters to have him as Sam Howell’s back up.

It’s hard to envision Jacoby Brissett re-signing here bc he’s not likely to have a chance to start & if that’s going to be the case anywhere, I’m sure he’d go to a playoff contending team.

😂

I actually think now that Rivera is gone, that Brissett may come back. Especially if truly given a chance to compete for the starting gig. 

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Actually it would be for the TE, a starting G, a do-it-all safety and a 1st and 2nd round pick next year. 

Ya I'm a hard pass on that. If we're trading down I'd prefer a WR or LT. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

They say that every year with these first round TEs. They never pay off. 

Show me one that is coming from the SEC or anywhere that has half his career numbers. You can’t because he’s eclipsed everything at that position in the SEC against the Bama’s Tennessee’s the blue bloods of the world. People were talking about Jalen Carter being the best player in the draft last year. Bowers is that guy this year. This guy is a One of One. There isn’t a college comp for this guy when you factor level of comp production and he’s been doing it for 3 years. Guys loved Mayer last year. I liked Mayer but he was clearly behind Kincaid and Laporta. Teams caught up to Mayer they caught up. This guy has legit Gronk level impact for his QB’s!!! This guy is the player QB’s dream of having. He’s not a blue chip blocker but he can block he gives constant effort has elite hands and runs crisp routes and he is about as close to Travis Kelce as you can for sitting in spots to just freelance and be a saftey valve. This isn’t an every year TE this is a player with 3 elite years of production and a very short list of injury. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They say that every year with these first round TEs. They never pay off. 

It’s also the projected cap you’ll allocate him. If he is a top player at his position you’ll still pay him probably 60 million less then MHJ if he’s a top player at his over the next 10 years and that in itself makes TE the biggest value to production position in the league. And all 4 of these last 4 teams left have elite level TE play. 

26 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

This dude isn’t a normal TE!!!

I feel like blinders are going to be put up for anything other than QB this year. I also believe Bowers is an extraordinary talent as a TE. I think there are a few can't miss prospects this year and most of them are at positions of need for us (OT/WR/TE). There are also, to a lesser extent, some pretty good pass rushers this year as well. 

21 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Bowers is that guy this year. This guy is a One of One. There isn’t a college comp for this guy when you factor level of comp production and he’s been doing it for 3 years.

Honestly it sucks we have so many needs because I truly feel that Bowers is a luxury pick at his draft value. You have to not have other needs at premium positions to get a guy like him, but man can the dude ball. Every game he shows up. He would lift any offense this team put together to new heights. 

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I feel like blinders are going to be put up for anything other than QB this year. I also believe Bowers is an extraordinary talent as a TE. I think there are a few can't miss prospects this year and most of them are at positions of need for us (OT/WR/TE). There are also, to a lesser extent, some pretty good pass rushers this year as well. 

I’ve said time and time again I Williams is there I pick him. I’m never married to QB because I have one motto for my grades. Never let a good player prevent you from taking a great player. Williams can be great. So could Daniels if healthy. His style makes that a huge question because as a runner he reminds me of a fast Zack Wilson. Small and not electric as he looks in college to the NFL. Like RG but he was bigger. But same feel for not taking hits. Maye can be great too. But his tape isn’t. I loved Maye when I saw him at UNC’s spring game Sam’s last year. But for his skillset I’ve been let down. Part of that is the way Mac runs his scheme. Could it be a Herbert thing where he wasn’t maximized? Heck yeah. But I’m going to keep it real. If I’m picking a QB for my Job in the top 5 that QB better be a winner or have a good reason why his team wasn’t winning with him. Williams has a legit reason. Daniels was winning. Maye simply hasn’t in big games. I have 5 names for this team. With one wild card simply of ability. My top 5 players in this class are Bowers and MHJ tied for 1 they have the same grade. So 1a1b pick it how you will. So to make it listed

1- Bowers/ HarrisonJr

3- Rome Odunzie

4- Caleb Williams

5-Joe Alt

wild card Fashonu. His tape fell off a cliff on effort and technique in the biggest games this year nd that’s a huge concern. Any f those first five if I’m picking are the only logical names if I’m selecting in the top 2 because they are the top tier. Anything else IS a reach. It’s simple trust the tape trust the grade and don’t just pick the player sites are mocking you.  So ideally you can probably trade back to anywhere in the top 8 and get 1 of those 5 if QB goes 1,2,3