The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

20 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I think they have pick 42. They traded a 2025 #2. Pick 5 is out of the money for them . They need our #2.

My understanding is they traded pick 42 to get up to Houstons 1st. They also gave up a 2nd next year as well.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They didn't trade Howell away to then trade back from 2 lol

I agree and if they did, at this point, I would be questioning their plan to say the least. 

• Like 1

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I agree and if they did, at this point, I would be questioning their plan to say the least. 

Exactly. If you're going to move off of two you do it to surround Sam with more talent and see how it goes. You don't do it to start Marcus Mariota.

Just now, lavar703 said:

Exactly. If you're going to move off of two you do it to surround Sam with more talent and see how it goes. You don't do it to start Marcus Mariota.

I legitimately would not watch a single game he started. I don't care to support him in any way. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They didn't trade Howell away to then trade back from 2 lol

You think ?? Peters got his last Q B at 232, maybe there's one out there under the radar he likes. I know it's not likely but heck- seems Peters is a gunslinger but yeah . Q B at 2 is like 98%

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Exactly. If you're going to move off of two you do it to surround Sam with more talent and see how it goes. 

Also, I think them being comfortable trading the only QB on the roster with any potential for a future means that they are locked in on who they are going to pick and they believe in that guy. 

I imagine picks one and two will be made within seconds of each other.

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

You think ?? Peters got his last Q B at 232, maybe there's one out there under the radar he likes. I know it's not likely but heck- seems Peters is a gunslinger but yeah . Q B at 2 is like 98%

They also traded a million picks to get up to 3 to take a dual threat QB. 

8 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I think they all admitted they had no idea what they truly had in Purdy until after. Like they didn't go in thinking "wow we got a steal" 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Unpopular Opinion:

Brock Purdy is not a franchise QB on any other team or for any other HC.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

My understanding is they traded pick 42 to get up to Houstons 1st. They also gave up a 2nd next year as well.

ahh, O K missed part. I've got the flu thanks to my wife . Brain is kinda fried.

Decided to run another mock draft simulator with the added third round pick. 

Drake Maye QB North Carolina

Jordan Morgan OT Arizona

Cooper Beebe OG Kansas State

Xavier Legette WR South Carolina

Bralen Trice EDGE Washington

Cade Stover TE Ohio State

Zak Zinter OG Michigan

Joe Milton QB Tennessee

Ainias Smith WR Texas A&M

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Decided to run another mock draft simulator with the added third round pick. 

Drake Maye QB North Carolina

Jordan Morgan OT Arizona

Cooper Beebe OG Kansas State

Xavier Legette WR South Carolina

Bralen Trice EDGE Washington

Cade Stover TE Ohio State

Zak Zinter OG Michigan

Joe Milton QB Tennessee

Ainias Smith WR Texas A&M

Do you really think Zinter will fall that far? 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Do you really think Zinter will fall that far? 

I think a 3rd round pick is his ceiling right now. He won't play at all next year. 

If he is using the mock draft simulator that I use, it frequently has his value in the 5th round. 

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think a 3rd round pick is his ceiling right now. He won't play at all next year. 

If he is using the mock draft simulator that I use, it frequently has his value in the 5th round. 

On Mel Kiper's latest podcast he said he though Zinter would go late 2nd early 3rd. The Titans took a DT a few years ago in the first round that had a torn ACL and couldn't play for a year. It's not going to hurt his draft stock as much as people think.