The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

5 hours ago, Morlee said:

How much you guys think we would have to trade you in order to move up to 2? Would you even trade back to 11? Would Washington consider trading at all?

I get the ongoing sense that the Vikings want to move into the top 3, probably 2, to get whoever it is they want. 

Apparently, there is a decently significant hike in draft price to move up to 2 overall as opposed to 3.  

I'd trade 2 for 11 and Justin Jefferson... Lol

48 minutes ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

I'd trade 2 for 11 and Justin Jefferson... Lol

I think a trade for Jefferson would be this year and next year’s 1st, as a starting point. 

With the departure of K. Fuller and not sure about BSJ (I want to hold your hand) we’re in a need of some CB. I’m curious to see what they have and can help develop Kyu Blu Kelly and of course E. Forbes. 

35 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

With the departure of K. Fuller and not sure about BSJ (I want to hold your hand) we’re in a need of some CB. I’m curious to see what they have and can help develop Kyu Blu Kelly and of course E. Forbes. 

I really am done with BSJ. He has All-Pro confidence and practice squad abilities. 

I still would prefer to add Xavien Howard and/or Stephon Gilmore on one year deals while we try to figure out the long term plan. 

I also think they are probably content with the amount of FAs they have brought in and will reassess after the draft. 

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Morlee said:

I think a trade for Jefferson would be this year and next year’s 1st, as a starting point. 

I think the days of non-QBs fetching multiple ones has probably come to an end. I could be wrong on that but I think if the Vikings got offered the 2nd pick in the draft for Jefferson he’d be gone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Morlee said:

Not if one of those picks is #2 in a QB-heavy draft. The Chiefs or Bills or Ravens might give up multiple 1st for Jefferson, but their picks are not created equal to the one we’re discussing here.

You’d have to add (at least) two 1sts to pick 11 to get Washington to pick up the phone, so if that’s also Jefferson’s value — then I think @BigTimeRedskins was probably right on the money with his suggestion. 

I wouldn’t do that deal. No sense having Jefferson if you have no one to get the ball to him. And it’s one thing to have Jefferson on a rookie contract — something a bit different if you’re paying him $30M+ AAV. I’d need more to move down from 2 to 11. But I do think it’s at least in the ballpark, value-wise.

• Like 1

Commanders Football (Hogs Haven)

The Washington Commanders have a Top-30 visit scheduled with Yale OT Kiran Amegadjie (via @JustinM_NFL)

Follow along for the latest updates from @BurgundyBurner 

#HTTC 

hogshaven.com/2024/2/6/24039…

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I knew you would like this post. @Slappy Mc 

I mean the guy is no Brock Bowers but he is easily the #2 TE in this draft for me. If he makes it to the 3rd, we better take him. I expect him to go in the 2nd though and I would take him with either of our 2nds without hesitation. 

I know it won't happen, but more and more "trade down scenarios" keep showing up. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/washington-commanders-trade-rumors-minnesota-vikings-drake-maye-draft?fbclid=IwAR3WOZkhzvg3NHuF7zYu4X5PtKLDwqTS3cJhcy3b4cVekVPcOB0KnW4lgQQ

I don't think that is enough to get me to trade down (especially since their is only one future pick and it's a 3rd round pick). 

20 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I know it won't happen, but more and more "trade down scenarios" keep showing up. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/washington-commanders-trade-rumors-minnesota-vikings-drake-maye-draft?fbclid=IwAR3WOZkhzvg3NHuF7zYu4X5PtKLDwqTS3cJhcy3b4cVekVPcOB0KnW4lgQQ

I don't think that is enough to get me to trade down (especially since their is only one future pick and it's a 3rd round pick). 

That's a wonderful trade for the Vikings lol. Its awful for us. 

• Like 1