The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

I like Darius Robinson, as I can easily envision the role he plays in a Quinn defense. Maybe even sort of the classic Justin Tuck role, where he plays outside on run downs and then kicks inside to spell Allen or Payne on obvious pass downs. He’s very unrefined, but he’s physical as hell. He feels like a Quinn type pick.

The only other pick I feel strong good feelings for is Khyree Jackson. It’s just such an obvious player/scheme match. The BC kid looks like an option as well, but Quinn is on record as preferring 32”+ arms, which gives a pretty good suggestion of which guys we’ll be seeking. He’s a project I’d like them to undertake. 

I don’t like Daniels over Maye, I don’t like Patrick Paul at 40, I don’t like forcing another DE pick at 67, and I don’t like Theo Johnson in the 3rd. I also don’t like skipping WR entirely until the 5th in a class like this. 

I would much rather trade up aggressively from 40 and get an actual legit OT prospect like Latham or Mims than sit on 40 and 67 to end up with a couple projects like Paul and Isaac. 

I’d also much rather trade back from 40 than take Paul there. I hate being at the “top” of a tier of players, where you’re taking a similar player to someone you could get 15-20 picks later. In fairness, I think Suamataia (who went 39) is actually the top of the third tier of OTs — the “projects and future RTs” group — but the concept remains the same. Either move up to get into the higher tier of prospects, or move back to get the similar player plus a little extra capital. 

I’m also not a Theo Johnson fan, as I don’t think he appears to be very good at football. Even if you wanted to stick with TE/DE as the picks at 67 and 100, I’d much rather have Ja’Tavion Sanders at 67 and Mohamed Kamara at 100 than the duo of PSU guys he gave us.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

What am I seeing . my eyes are bad but his right arm / elbow look deformed. Weird picture, NO ?

Very interesting. Looks like a shopped/chopped photo. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

What am I seeing . my eyes are bad but his right arm / elbow look deformed. Weird picture, NO ?

Daniels: So I run up the middle, and I see  the LB coming, so I try to jump to avoid him, but he just spears me…

8kp1hb.jpg

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

This narrative building that Wylie wasn't that bad is just hilarious. We literally watched the guy get blown off the edge every game. He was awful. Pretending it didn't happen because PFF said so is just crazy. Like, if we can't trust our eyes as to what's happening then what? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Daniels: So I run up the middle, and I see  the LB coming, so I try to jump to avoid him, but he just spears me…

8kp1hb.jpg

Let's draft the guy with the bionic elbow !!! damn !!

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This narrative building that Wylie wasn't that bad is just hilarious. We literally watched the guy get blown off the edge every game. He was awful. Pretending it didn't happen because PFF said so is just crazy. Like, if we can't trust our eyes as to what's happening then what? 

He was certainly awful at times but it's not like it was awful every rep or something. He's a serviceable OL. I'm hopeful they draft someone and that young OT can beat him out. He's not as awful as you portray him to be, but I do agree he's a low end starter who you'd rather see as a backup rather then starting and he's certainly overpaid.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He was certainly awful at times but it's not like it was awful every rep or something. He's a serviceable OL. I'm hopeful they draft someone and that young OT can beat him out. He's not as awful as you portray him to be, but I do agree he's a low end starter who you'd rather see as a backup rather then starting and he's certainly overpaid.

He's not a starter. He's a liability. Serviceable is Cornelius Lucas who can come in and start and not throw up on himself. Wylie just doesn't have the speed to play OT and they forced the issue and overpaid him to boot. There were so many good OT available that year and that's the direction we went. 

• Like 2