The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Some high but he was moving around a ton. Not sitting stationary. Throwing off schedule against simulated pressure. He threw a pass on the run 60 yards down the field perfectly. His arm is incredible. He does have some accuracy issues but he’s young and can be fixed. He’s a Josh Allen/Justin Herbert type. Big with a great arm. 

How many throws/snaps from under center. I'm very disappointed with how much Shotgun snaps these QBs are taking. 

6 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

He did more throwing on the move/run than Jayden did yesterday.

That’s because Jayden missed 4 throws moving it’s not a strength of his which is mind boggling with his running skills. And idk how in the world you get better at that. I think it’s something you have or you don’t. He scares me that he’s simply a athlete that can read a field and throw from a clean pocket or bail out of it.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

How many throws/snaps from under center. I'm very disappointed with how much Shotgun snaps these QBs are taking. 

Thats kinda how the league is it feels like.

Didn't get to watch it all, looked like a good mix.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly, I didn’t pay attention to that but I think it was a substantial amount. He did a lot of play action fakes as well. 

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Him tightening his release looks super clean especially on this throw. It might take a year it might take 3. But when his feet get right the sky is the limit for him

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t understand what happened from the time the season ended until now?

I think there is a phenomenon going right now, where lots of people are aware of and able to access these game cutups on YouTube and elsewhere. And I think they (social media posters and actual media members alike) are watching these videos in an effort to do their own “scouting.”

And what we’re getting is a new version of the old “box score scouts.”

What I’m seeing so much, all over the place, are people who are focusing on figuring out (and talking about) who was better last year. These are the people who watched a couple Penix games and were wondering why he wasn’t going top 5. And they’re the same people who think Daniels is the best guy out there. 

He was the best guy out there last year. Unbelievable season, crazy production, lots of awesome highlights. Deserving Heisman winner.

But there’s just so much more to trying to project QBs than deciding which one was the best in their last season and proclaiming that he’s the best prospect. Age/experience and surrounding talent being two of the biggest factors, and I think those are both getting mostly ignored in the current approach — which I would liken more to “grading” them, rather than “projecting” them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s because Jayden missed 4 throws moving it’s not a strength of his which is mind boggling with his running skills. And idk how in the world you get better at that. I think it’s something you have or you don’t. He scares me that he’s simply an athlete that can read a field and throw from a clean pocket or bail out of it.

I saw something funny with a Dan Orlovsky vid on Daniels. He loves Daniels. Has him as the top QB in the draft. Anyway, he’s talking about this play where Daniels reads the two safeties and the disguised coverage but he totally avoids the stone freaking wall in front of Daniels that isn’t letting one iota of pressure from Auburns defense. The blocking is so good that it’s almost jarring. He just stands there with all the time in the world and delivers a dart. Beautiful throw no doubt but man, his offensive line is nuts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

ironic that Peters sees the effortless arm strength of Maye in person and then signs a Burner at WR during the rest of the pro day 👀👀

this is the tinfoil hat analysis we need. Love it Logan. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The crazy thing about Maye is that this throw — that most everybody else, sorta starting with Zach Wilson, treats as the wacky “show off on your Pro Day” throw — is on his game film. 

There are a few, but the fadeaway 40 yard dime against Clemson comes to mind for the off-platform arm magic, as does the 60+ yard seed against Notre Dame for pure strength/distance.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

@ripsean21 skip to about the 2:25 mark and look at the blocking in front of Daniels lol

That’s what I’m saying. When he can just stand there yes he’s deadly but what NFL level QB couldn’t? He just scares the crap out of me with his play style and the fact he doesn’t throw well moving.

i also love orlavski talking about the rules protecting QB’s. There’s no rules when he takes off and that is where he looks like a crash test dummy getting hit

Edited by ripsean21