The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

6 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

This is great @Thaiphoon

what stands out to me on Daniels vs Maye:

1. Run after catch-LSU guys account for so many big plays and UNC has a bunch of catch and no run guys

2.A  Both are exciting prospects- Daniels style makes him a RG3 injury risk/reward- I’ve seen that and don’t need to see the sequel. BTW RG3- he’s pretty entertaining on ESPN- I really didn’t want to like him but seeing him trash both the a cowboys and Hoge was impressive. He reminds me of a young Eddie Murphy character sometimes and this is what he was made for-not playing in nfl

2. B Maye has so many skills and tools, had a crappy team. But while he should be the pick and I’d bet him big to have a substantially longer and more successful career than Daniels- the Redskins hired a coordinator who’s system in past is perfect for Daniels. The pick will be Daniels, and he will tease us for the next few years but always leave us wishing- what if he wasn’t injured when the real question should be- what if we drafted Maye. 

Thanks. I found them and posted them here back to back so we could all see them in action and not just the highlight reels. Gives you a better read on the QBs themselves. I am leaning Maye at the present time even though I think/fear they will draft Daniels. 

But my previous post stands. I don't care if they grab Milton. I just want them to get the pick right and get us a QB that will help us win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

https://x.com/NFCNorthNewss/status/1777754530530177477

This is absolutely wild.... and obviously untrue. Why is Chicago leaking this false narrative? Are they having second doubts on Caleb and wanting to drum up a trade with the Patriots?

I think that's a fake account making up a fake story. Nothing to do with anything. 

edit: oops @lavar703 already mentioned it. I agree with him. 

42 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I listened to Jay unless I missed it I didn’t hear the Josh Johnson comp. The takeaway was that JD was ready now and DM needed time but thought Drake would be better down the road. 

Oh that's hilarious. That's my comp for Jayden Daniels. Pretty sure I posted it a few pages back. Josh Johnson was a monster at San Diego and he has a similar build and athleticism to Jayden Daniels.

8 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

This is great @Thaiphoon

what stands out to me on Daniels vs Maye:

1. Run after catch-LSU guys account for so many big plays and UNC has a bunch of catch and no run guys

2.A  Both are exciting prospects- Daniels style makes him a RG3 injury risk/reward- I’ve seen that and don’t need to see the sequel. BTW RG3- he’s pretty entertaining on ESPN- I really didn’t want to like him but seeing him trash both the a cowboys and Hoge was impressive. He reminds me of a young Eddie Murphy character sometimes and this is what he was made for-not playing in nfl

2. B Maye has so many skills and tools, had a crappy team. But while he should be the pick and I’d bet him big to have a substantially longer and more successful career than Daniels- the Redskins hired a coordinator who’s system in past is perfect for Daniels. The pick will be Daniels, and he will tease us for the next few years but always leave us wishing- what if he wasn’t injured when the real question should be- what if we drafted Maye. 

I agree.  The more I watch daniels beyond just highlights the less impressed I am.  He looks to be operating as gimmicky of a college offense as I can imagine but with WRs who are completely at a different level.  To me he is the lazy pick and the most likely bust.  

But, as you say, if you believe all the leaks (nothing has changed) from legit nfl reporters we are picking Daniels.

Not sure maye is the guy, but I do think he has a better chance of succeeding in the pro game.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/drake-maye-set-to-visit-commanders-next-week 

As the pre-draft process winds down, the Commanders will have another top quarterback prospect visit the team next week.

Former North Carolina QB Drake Maye will meet with Washington next Tuesday and Wednesday, according to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported yesterday that former LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels will visit with the club next Monday and Tuesday.

Maye has already met privately with Washington. That happened before the quarterback’s Pro Day back in March.