The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

9 hours ago, TOUCAN said:

It’d take 2 1sts for sure to move even from 3 to 1 I think this time around. Next years QB class SUUUUCKS. If we don’t make an conscious effort this year, then we just are not going to to have it solved even in this next head coaching regime.

Someone always comes along, but yeah, early returns are questionable. Does Milroe and Ewers keep progressing? Where does Leonard end up with more talent?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Someone always comes along, but yeah, early returns are questionable. Does Milroe and Ewers keep progressing? Where does Leonard end up with more talent?

Next year Shedeur Sanders & Ewers seem likely to be competing to go #1 to me, or at least top 5. I imagine Milroe will progress, but not to the point where he's considered top 10. There’s also Drew Allar from Penn State who is likely to play well enough next year to be a top 15 pick. Leonard is an interesting case, it depends on how he returns from his knee injury.

Edited by turtle28

3: R1 P3 QB Drake Maye - North Carolina
35: R2 P3 G Troy Fautanu - Washington
40: R2 P8 C Jackson Powers-Johnson - Oregon
67: R3 P3 LB Barrett Carter - Clemson
99: R3 P35 LB Smael Mondon - Georgia
103: R4 P3 WR Malachi Corley - Western Kentucky
139: R5 P3 DL McKinnley Jackson - Texas A&M
178: R6 P3 TE Ben Sinnott - Kansas State
222: R7 P3 EDGE Josaiah Stewart - Michigan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Next year Shedeur Sanders & Ewers seem likely to be competing to go #1 to me, or at least top 5. I imagine Milroe will progress, but not to the point where he's considered top 10. There’s also Drew Allar from Penn State who is likely to play well enough next year to be a top 15 pick. Leonard is an interesting case, it depends on how he returns from his knee injury.

Allar is absolutely garbage.

21 minutes ago, e16bball said:

He obviously had other (much) better games as the season went on, but it’s tough to watch this one and think “boy, I want LSU’s QB in the top 3 picks.”

Great. Now let’s do that with Drake Maye late in the season against Clemson where he looked completely lost.

4 hours ago, e16bball said:

He obviously had other (much) better games as the season went on, but it’s tough to watch this one and think “boy, I want LSU’s QB in the top 3 picks.”

I mean too be fair that defense and 15 are some studs!!! He made plays on the ground and in the air. That FS defense is legit and idk he just has a good look from ASU and LSU he has made NFL reads in rythm and on time. I personally love him even though he’s slender but the kid can deal. Yes Maye has NFL size and he has similar tools. Caleb has immense talent and I just for some reason feel like in two weeks we’re going to be possible one pick higher and honestly could be in that market at that point depending on the Bears. But I do believe JD has a skillset to thrive in the NFL. But like any QB the GM and coaches we hire are critical. Luckily we will probably be spenders and focus on improving the trenches in FA and the draft. So who knows what this roster could look like come April I believe FA will better help give a glimpse into our draft plans once our pick is actually set

19 hours ago, TOUCAN said:

Allar is absolutely garbage.

He has natural talent. He wasn't very good this year but next year could be different, we’ll see if he progresses. Levis was viewed the same way as a young player at Penn State & look at Levis now.

Dov Kleiman

RUMORS: The #Commanders are “Very Interested” in Caleb Williams, who will likely be the 1st overall pick, per @DanGrazianoESPN.

"Watch what they do with Sam Howell over the final two weeks."

“The Commanders...could find themselves in a position to either draft Williams or trade up a spot or two to get him.”

Washington currently holds the third overall selection.

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Dov Kleiman

RUMORS: The #Commanders are “Very Interested” in Caleb Williams, who will likely be the 1st overall pick, per @DanGrazianoESPN.

"Watch what they do with Sam Howell over the final two weeks."

“The Commanders...could find themselves in a position to either draft Williams or trade up a spot or two to get him.”

Washington currently holds the third overall selection.

If they want Caleb two things are going to have to happen:

1. The Bears are going to have to choose Fields over Caleb, and I'm not sure why they would when Caleb is better from the pocket & he’ll be on a rookie deal 3 years longer 

2. They’ll have to trade up for him

I think the QB we’ll most likely end up drafting is Drake Maye.

If we have a shot at Williams you take him. He’s in that rarified air of QB prospects. I think if he hits you’ve got a franchise QB for quite some time. I think Maye could be good but I’m not as sold and I don’t think much of Daniels at all. Not sure if he’s going to be a bust or not but it took him 5 years to play this well and I think it’s more Kenny Pickett than Burrow. I’m still not totally sold on going QB but if this front office wants to then I’m all for it. 

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Only time will tell, but I'm really not impressed by this group. I would take Trevor Lawrence, CJ Stroud and Anthony Richardson 10/10 times over every single prospect this year. 

Caleb Williams is the highest rated prospect since Andrew Luck. Drake Maye is also a stud, I've been watching a lot of his film and he is very similar to Herbert. After those 2, I'm not too fond of anyone else. I have been warming up to Jayden Daniels a bit but I also don't want to use #3 on him, just seems like too much risk. I am just trying my hardest to have faith in Harris & Co to do the right thing and fire everyone and bring in some new guys that actually know football and aren't senile, and hope that they can draft well and use our 90 million in cap space to make us a competent franchise instead of the laughing stock of the NFL. 

• Like 1